MAC FAQ: Back2MAC (B2M)

LoveMac26

Quote:
Originally Posted by animacani
I tought you could choose between either getting an eyeshadow or lipstick?

That option is only available at freestanding stores. At counters you can only get lipsticks.

trulyobsessed

I just returned 12 empty pots of various things...mascaras, eyesahdow, lipsticks and got 2 new eyeshadows! I think its a great program esp the recycling part!!

Ruby Lou

Thanks to ALL of you that recycle! Look at your boxes. See the little symbol? Every one of you are a part of that.
choochoo.gif

MissAlphaKitty

Being that I have a MAC pro store just 2 blocks down my street
it's my primary store and have little or no experience at MAC counters

from what I have read, heard and experienced myself
there is quite a bit of discrepancy regarding the B2M program

On my most recent B2M visit (yesterday), I approached and MA asking if the current electroflash MES were included in the program and she told me "no".

So I then asked a pro colour and asked her if that would be in pot or pro pan form. She told me the pans (pro or regular) are not included in the program and she has to give me the pro colour in pot form...

and continued on to explain that the way the program works is by price point... The magic # is CA$16.50...
CA$16.50 lipstick, eyeshadow, lipglass, tinted lipglass etc...

(now that i think about it, that doesn't make sense b/c there was a recent prince increase and now they are $17.00... I think thats whet she meant)

the MES being to high (CA$21.00) and the pro pan being too low (CA$13.00)

The whole point of that trip was to do a CP using my B2M for a lady... I had taken a list in order of her preferences and since some items might be subject to availability...

Without my knowledge, she called down to the pro store in Vancouver to find out about whether the B2M included the MES. I got home to find her email and was told that she spoke to a lady at the PRO store that said that the MES were included... but she didn't get the name of the MAC lady she spoke to so now I'm quite confused and find myself in a bit of an imposition
th_dunno.gif

-----------------------------

My B2M experience before that (about a month ago at the same store) I had a plushglass (CA$21.00) taken off my bill. I had spent quite a bit of time with a MA trying to recreate an eye I brought a picture of & I had picked out 3 e/s pans, the plushglass and some other stuff and my bill amounted to over $100. I mentioned i had my B2M when I was at the till and she ended up taking deducting the plushglass, not one of the e/s as I was expecting

I'm so confused

supercelestine

Hi Friends
cutey.gif

I wanted to let all of the SOCAL girls (and boy) that the Nordstrom in Horton Plaza still takes the depoted shadows for B2M!

I turned in 30 empties and got the following lippies:

1. Angel
2. Snob
3. Vegas Volt
4. Dubonnet
5. Ramblin Rose

hth

Celestine

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlphaKitty

On my most recent B2M visit (yesterday), I approached and MA asking if the current electroflash MES were included in the program and she told me "no".

So I then asked a pro colour and asked her if that would be in pot or pro pan form. She told me the pans (pro or regular) are not included in the program and she has to give me the pro colour in pot form...

and continued on to explain that the way the program works is by price point... The magic # is CA$16.50...

(now that i think about it, that doesn't make sense b/c there was a recent prince increase and now they are $17.00... I think thats whet she meant)

The whole point of that trip was to do a CP using my B2M for a lady... I had taken a list in order of her preferences and since some items might be subject to availability...

Without my knowledge, she called down to the pro store in Vancouver to find out about whether the B2M included the MES. I got home to find her email and was told that she spoke to a lady at the PRO store that said that the MES were included... but she didn't get the name of the MAC lady she spoke to so now I'm quite confused and find myself in a bit of an imposition
th_dunno.gif

My B2M experience before that (about a month ago at the same store) I had a plushglass (CA$21.00) taken off my bill. I had spent quite a bit of time with a MA trying to recreate an eye I brought a picture of & I had picked out 3 e/s pans, the plushglass and some other stuff and my bill amounted to over $100. I mentioned i had my B2M when I was at the till and she ended up taking deducting the plushglass, not one of the e/s as I was expecting

I'm so confused

this has been answered many times.

at stores, you get a lipstick (lipstick, slimshine, mattene), shadow (regular pot only, no MES or pans) or lipgloss (lipglass, lustreglass, plushglass, lipgelee, or chromeglass), but only if you have your information entered into the computer. if you don't, then you only get a lipstick.

at counters, you get a lipstick (lipstick, slimshine, mattene) only.

readyformycloseup

OK I've read through every post & perhaps I'm slow..but if I am returning my B2M via snail mail to MAC, therefore using the online form I printed out, am I limited to the Lipsticks only or can I opt for e/s as well? Sorry if I missed this direct answer.

AdlersMommy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyformycloseup
OK I've read through every post & perhaps I'm slow..but if I am returning my B2M via snail mail to MAC, therefore using the online form I printed out, am I limited to the Lipsticks only or can I opt for e/s as well? Sorry if I missed this direct answer.

Thanks for asking, I had the same question!

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyformycloseup

Lipsticks only
smiles.gif

Rockette13

PSA: I called the freestanding MAC store on East Oak Street in Chicago and not only will they accept my depotted eyeshadow pots without the metal pans, but I can get ANY eyeshadow, lipstick, or lipgloss even if it is limited edition!!! Holy moly. This is awesome.

It was so funny, though. I talked to one girl who gave the phone to another girl who gave it to another girl who finally answered my questions, but even she had me hold for a while. Lol.

glamdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlphaKitty

th_dunno.gif

I'm so confused

We had a customer ask about MES for B2M and no, they aren't available for that. So yeah
ssad.gif

Moxy

I don't think anyone has posted this for UK yet:

You CAN send in empty containers via regular mail to this address

Richard Varley
Back to MAC Programme
Constellation House
Unit 3
Kite's Croft Business Park
Warsash Road
Fareham
PO14 4LW

along with your choice of free lipstick and provide them a UK address where they send the free lipstick to. Just got off the phone with some lovely Customer Support lady.

Thought it might help some British girls out there if they can't reach a counter or a store for some reason.

babyyygirleee

I dont know if this has been said here, but..

For Canada:
Pro Store - Lipstick, eyeshadow or lipgloss
Regular Stores (counters/mall/thebay) - Only Lipstick

NatalieMT

Apparently they are probably going to bring in the concept of getting a lipstick/eyeshadow/lipglass in the UK at various locations, an MA told me today. Don't know if it's going to be just stores or stores and counters.

christineeee_

if MAC wants the metal pan with the eyeshadow pot, will they take it back if i don't have the plastic part i depotted from?

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthused
Does anyone know what stores/counters in B.C/Vancouver let you get eyeshadows instead of lipsticks?

The Pro Store location at Robson & Hornby (downtown)
smiles.gif

Navessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navessa
thru snail mail - will they accept depotted e/s w/o the pan?
thanks!

nevermind. i went to mac's website and did a live chat. i was told that i could send cases (with no pan) back and get lipsticks.
smiles.gif

pinkkitty08

I went to a Mac store and tried to B2M my depotted eyeshadow cases without the pan and they wouldnt take them, so I went around the corner to the Nordstrom MAC counter and they took them without a problem.

Latest posts