MAC FAQ: Back2MAC (B2M)

MaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
that's a bunch of bullshit man! waiting til its off the floor? i've never even heard of that. did they let you do it the second time, after you explained you did it earlier at that same store?

since i'm at a counter, we can only give a lipstick for b2m, but we allow regular bullets (excluding VG of course), slimshines (which all locations are required to allow, as per a company-wide memo sent out, but for some reason not all locations allow
angry.gif
) and any LE bullet. there is no rule that LE aren't allowed or that they are but you have to wait a certain amount of time.

i would print off the policy as stated on the website and take that in. hell, its even stated in the PKM:

by returning 6 mac primary packaging containers to a mac counter, the customer receives a free mac lipstick of his/her choice (except for VGs). customers who provide their name and address/emailaddress to be entered into the CRM database will now have the option of choosing from 3 product categories when returning their 6 emptymac primary packaging containers. by returning 6 empties to a mac store, these customers will now be able to choose a lipstick, a single eyeshadow (excluding mineralize duo or pro palettes) or any of the following lip products as their free product: any lipstick (except for VG), clear or tinted lipglass (excluding VG), chromeglass, lipgelee, lustreglass or plushglass.

the expanded b2m program was added to and updated in the PKM on 10/07. the slimshines should be added in the next PKM update. this should arrive any day now.

see, no rules excluding LE or having to wait til they're off the floor. if they refuse, tell them it states this in the PKM, and if they still don't honor it, ask for the contact number for their MRO, and call and complain. this is the current policy and must be honored by ALL locations.
rules.gif

ok. i'm done now!

You sound just as frustrated as I felt!

Nope, even after I explained what happened earlier in the week she still wasn't budging. This particular MA is never very friendly, has it been one of the other gals I'm sure it wouldn't have been in a problem.

I'm not one to make a fuss but if I had more time yesterday, I would have asked to talked to the manager. No where in the policy does it say B2M can't be used on new collections.

xoMACox

For any of you that live in Orange County I tried to B2M my depotted shadows at the MAC store in South Coast & at the counter at Westminster Mall...they wouldn't take it without the pan in it...They said too many people were turning the pots in & getting a lipstick & then turning in the pans when they finished it and getting another lipstick...She did tell me that told me once I finish my shadows, stick the tin back in the pot and bring it back melted and all & they would accept it...just thought I'd give a little heads up to any of you in my area!
winkiss.gif

vmg85

There should be a seperate thread for the B2M depotted returns stuff.. it's a lot to read through if you're not interested in that discussion.

Did it ever used to be less than 6 you had to return? Just curious..

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoMACox
For any of you that live in Orange County I tried to B2M my depotted shadows at the MAC store in South Coast & at the counter at Westminster Mall...they wouldn't take it without the pan in it...They said too many people were turning the pots in & getting a lipstick & then turning in the pans when they finished it and getting another lipstick...She did tell me that told me once I finish my shadows, stick the tin back in the pot and bring it back melted and all & they would accept it...just thought I'd give a little heads up to any of you in my area!
winkiss.gif

they obviously aren't too bright. had they checked the pans when people brought them in, they'd notice that they weren't the ones sold in the stores by looking at the magnet and label. morons!

xoMACox

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
they obviously aren't too bright. had they checked the pans when people brought them in, they'd notice that they weren't the ones sold in the stores by looking at the magnet and label. morons!

That's is exactly what I was thinking...A lot of the MAC people don't even check...Last time I went to a counter I just gave her a plastic bag with 6 items...She didn't even look just tossed it under the counter and gave me my discount.

Calico

I emailed mac and they quoted the same PKM as above. Then the manager at the counter said, no, ONLI lipsticks and slimshines allowed. I wanted to swap for and eyeshadow...
Then they said not in my country... :-?

Anyone know anything about it being differnt in different countries. The website should state it then and it doesnt.
Im in South Africa.
getting so annoyed!

NatalieMT

You can only get the eyeshadow or lipglass at a freestanding store within in the US, at US counters the lipstick only rule applies. All other countries it's lipstick only whether counter or store.

Just the way it works unfortunately, but MAC lipsticks are really nice all the same and it's better than getting nothing free in return.

ashley8119

I know this might be a stupid question, but when they say 'primary packaging', do they mean that you have to send the boxes too?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley8119
I know this might be a stupid question, but when they say 'primary packaging', do they mean that you have to send the boxes too?

no. only glass, metal or plastic.

trammie

do the propallette pans count? Sorry if its been answered its hard to look through all these! =) Thank you!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammie
do the propallette pans count? Sorry if its been answered its hard to look through all these! =) Thank you!

those are a toughie. according to mac's policy, since they are a metal primary packaging, they should. but, when you buy them, the cardboard packaging isn't labeled with the b2m logo. some places take em, some don't. your best bet is to call ahead and ask if that location accepts them or not.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille
Can I b2m for some pro colors e/s? (say I return them in a pro store)..
thanks!

i believe you can, but you can't get them in the pan. you can only get them in the pot.

ashley8119

Thanks Errine1881 for answering my question!

I have one more question: I know this might sound extremely impatient, but how long does it take to receive your lipstick after sending in the form and your six items?

Thank you to anybody who can answer this for me!

static_universe

So maybe avoiding the depotted eyeshadows missing the pans. If I get empty pans that fit into the pots and just stick them in there, would that work? I hate being tricky like that, but I just want to know before I get all excited and drive an hour away for free eyeshadows.

liquidstar

This kinda goes along with Ashley's question about how long it takes to receive them through the mail

I mailed 12 probably almost a month ago and haven't gotten anything yet, I'm afraid it might have been lost in the mail or something, do they just take a long time sometimes?

SuSana

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidstar
This kinda goes along with Ashley's question about how long it takes to receive them through the mail

I mailed 12 probably almost a month ago and haven't gotten anything yet, I'm afraid it might have been lost in the mail or something, do they just take a long time sometimes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley8119
Thanks Errine1881 for answering my question!

I have one more question: I know this might sound extremely impatient, but how long does it take to receive your lipstick after sending in the form and your six items?

Thank you to anybody who can answer this for me!

I think someone said before about 6-8 weeks? I'm not positive though.

liquidstar

Ok that makes me feel better..I know it's free so I'm not really worried about how fast, I was just scared my package got lost in the mail lol

Latest posts