MAC FAQ: Back2MAC (B2M)

geekim

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesparkles
A couple of people reported on the Livejournal Mac_Cosmetics community hearing during Live Chats or from MAs that depotted empties were no longer acceptable. I don't find anything on MACCosmetics.com. Can anyone confirm this, or is it just the usual lack of uniform policy?

i actually called corporate mac and she said it is a corporate policy to NOT accept depotted shadows for B2M. she said the packaging MUST have the metal tin for B2M.

she did say though that not all mac stores or counters probably follow the policy and they are in the process to get all stores/counters to do so.

so i guess you're lucky if they accept them w/o the tin~

christineeee_

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry
i am very sad now as i thrown away a lot of my empty lipglasses, compact powder and my fluidlines...now i only have 5 empty products to send b2m...
ssad.gif

i threw a lot of my empty fix+ bottles and mascaras away in 2006 & 2007 because i have only recently heard of b2m :'(

Lissah

Two probably very stupid questions. Can you b2m mac items purchased from a CCO? I don't believe CCO items are marked in any way to distinguish them from full price ones but I may be wrong? Also, I have heard of item labels being marked when customers choose their free item. Is this to prevent a return or to prevent you from using the item you received as a b2m as a future b2m?

FantaZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissah
Two probably very stupid questions. Can you b2m mac items purchased from a CCO? I don't believe CCO items are marked in any way to distinguish them from full price ones but I may be wrong? Also, I have heard of item labels being marked when customers choose their free item. Is this to prevent a return or to prevent you from using the item you received as a b2m as a future b2m?

When I received my free lipstick from the b2m, the salesperson wrote on the package's barcode B2M, but nothing on the product itself. I guess it's so you can't return the free item, but you can use your free item as one of your 6 b2m's. Hope that helps.

foxytnns

Silly question but does anyone live in Los Angeles? I have a ton of B2M but they are all depotted eyeshadows so I want to make sure I pick a MAC that will take them! Thanks!

hello_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissah

I just b2m'd 12 e/s that I got at a CCO, no questions asked. They were not marked in any way that I saw. I have also b2m'd e/s that I got as the b2m. No problem with that as well. I have a great freestanding store, though, that does not care about depots (which all of mine have been). I have returned probably 24+ for b2m with no problems.

FantaZ - I had to lol at your experience. Why does MAC care if you have magnets or not?!? That is probably one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

Reslnt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekim
i actually called corporate mac and she said it is a corporate policy to NOT accept depotted shadows for B2M. she said the packaging MUST have the metal tin for B2M.

she did say though that not all mac stores or counters probably follow the policy and they are in the process to get all stores/counters to do so.

so i guess you're lucky if they accept them w/o the tin~

this sounds like one big scam.....its bad enough that you only get one $14 when you trade in atleast $85 worth of product.....but now they are knit picking on whether you can trade in with or w/o the pan.....what the heck are they gonna do with the pan that makes it necessary to have the whole thing in tact???.....is it really about rewarding customers for recycling or something else????
th_dunno.gif

ItaliNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleOne
what about the container that the brush cleanser is in?

Yes! I just found this out a few days ago. On the packaging it has the little Back2Mac logo. They will accept any item back for the b2m if it has that little logo thing on the package!!
cutey.gif

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah03
and can you b2m for a fafi lipstick? i thought you cant since it comes in special packaging?

All lipsticks are good to go according to MAC's handouts about B2M and on their website. The only exceptions are the Viva Glam lipsticks because the retail price goes to charity.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah03
can you b2m the eyelash case thingy?

I've heard that you can.

Does anyone know if I can b2m for a slimshine at the counter? I know the store will do it.

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I've heard that you can.

Does anyone know if I can b2m for a slimshine at the counter? I know the store will do it.

Yes, because it is a lipstick and not a lipglass.

NatalieMT

B2M is so confusing! I have atleast 24 empties at the moment, most of which are e/s depots. I was saving them up to take to Florida with me in 4 months - as I love the Orlando Pro Store there and wanted the option to get e/s and l/g, as we can't do that in the UK.

Reading back this thread it seems like they're tightening up on what is and what isn't acceptable. Has anyone B2M before at the Orlando Pro Store, good or bad experience? And do you think in 4 months time they will accept depots?

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT
B2M is so confusing! I have atleast 24 empties at the moment, most of which are e/s depots. I was saving them up to take to Florida with me in 4 months - as I love the Orlando Pro Store there and wanted the option to get e/s and l/g, as we can't do that in the UK.

Reading back this thread it seems like they're tightening up on what is and what isn't acceptable. Has anyone B2M before at the Orlando Pro Store, good or bad experience? And do you think in 4 months time they will accept depots?

I would call a head and ask if they accept depotted eyeshadows.

lindas1983

Does anyone know if the MAC counter in castle court Belfast takes eyeshadow pots that have been depotted and have the stickers removed as B2M?

Would go down and ask myself but have mobility problems at times and it would be so disapointing to make it all the way down there when i'm not feeling well just to find out I can't.

Thanks for any help.

Claire84

Hey, I asked about this last time I was in Castleccourt and the girl said it would be fine for me to bring them in even if they'd been depotted. I doubt the stickers would matter... I mean when I did my B2M last time, the girl didn't even look inside the bag to check if I'd even included 6 items. Hope this helps.

Claire84

Hey, only bad thing is our counter doesn't get Heatherette.
ssad.gif
It's a Selfridges and online exclusive, so we can't B2M for the lippes in it.
ssad.gif

Claire84

Just respondong to what astronaut asked about slimshines. I went to my local MAC counter today and they couldn't give me a slimeshine for B2M. It might depend on different counters, but my one in Belfast said it was just the regular lipsticks (limited edition ones included).

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire84
Just respondong to what astronaut asked about slimshines. I went to my local MAC counter today and they couldn't give me a slimeshine for B2M. It might depend on different counters, but my one in Belfast said it was just the regular lipsticks (limited edition ones included).

all locations got a memo stating that slimshines were included in b2m, effective immediately upon the collection going up. so, your artists were wrong in not giving it to you.

Latest posts