MAC FAQ: Back2MAC (B2M)

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
yes you can recycle your select cover up. you do not have to empty it out.

no. you can take in as many as you want as often as you want.

no. the symbol that you want to look for in order to b2m is on the wings of the box. it will say "back 2 mac". that means that it can be recycled in the b2m program.

ok thanks. so is it a good thing to keep the boxes or at least write down what is recyclable. sometimes it is hard for me to remember once i throw the box away.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
ok thanks. so is it a good thing to keep the boxes or at least write down what is recyclable. sometimes it is hard for me to remember once i throw the box away.

no need to save the boxes. just remember any glass, metal, or plastic container. even lash cases count.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
no need to save the boxes. just remember any glass, metal, or plastic container. even lash cases count.

what about the technakohl liners. can they be b2m?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
what about the technakohl liners. can they be b2m?

yes, because the plastic casing counts. same with cremestick liners.

sharpened pencils and brushes are the only things that don't count.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
yes, because the plastic casing counts. same with cremestick liners.

sharpened pencils and brushes are the only things that don't count.

if technakohl can be b2m, then why there is no b2m printed on the flap of the box?

mmitsjojo

im pretty confused but it might've been mentioned but there's kind've a lot of pages =x but how many b2m products do we need in order to exchange for a new product? and like do we need the same products to exchange for that product? or can we use different b2m products to get a differnet product? hope that makes sense ;x

gigglegirl

the answer is clearly stated in this thread. You should go back and read through it (I find it easiest to start at the beginning and scan by using my page down keyboard button).

any 6 items that qualify for B2M (if you don't know what qualifies, prob read through the earlier posts)and at counters you can get a free lipstick (except for Viva Glam)
or if you go to a freestanding MAC store, you can choose a free eyeshadow, lipgloss or lipstick (if you are in their system giving your contact info as is mentioned several posts ago).

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C_Addiction
Ummmmmmm, question. I received an e/s for the B2M. I picked gorgeous gold and I hate it. (there is NO color payoff with this color at all. I have to put on like 4 layers, if I'm lucky for this color to show up
ssad.gif
)
My question is, can I exchange the e/s even thought I received it as a B2M?
:confused:

You could, but that's a touch shady. The eyeshadow was free, I wouldn't complain too much about it. Use a primer and you'll be fine.

shesparkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
From MACcosmetics.com:

Can I take my eyeshadow/blush pots in for Back2MAC despite having depotted? What if I'm missing the inner piece that held the pan/what if the inner piece is melted?
Yes, you can return the containers for Back2MAC despite having depotted. This includes if you do not have the inner piece, or if the inner piece is melted.

A couple of people reported on the Livejournal Mac_Cosmetics community hearing during Live Chats or from MAs that depotted empties were no longer acceptable. I don't find anything on MACCosmetics.com. Can anyone confirm this, or is it just the usual lack of uniform policy?

Amethyst

I am getting so excited for Fafi - any ideas if i can B2M for a lipstick form the Fafi collection? I hope so!

lainz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst
I am getting so excited for Fafi - any ideas if i can B2M for a lipstick form the Fafi collection? I hope so!

yep you can b2m for a LE item. i did it twice with the mattene collection
yes.gif

beauty_marked

Quote:
Originally Posted by lainz
yep you can b2m for a LE item. i did it twice with the mattene collection
yes.gif

as mentioned yes you can. i always thought you could only do regular lipsticks but when i asked the MA last night at MAC if i could get an N collection lipstick she said you can get any lipstick/gloss as long as it wasnt a Viva glam.

this makes me SOOO excited!

mustardgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C_Addiction
Ummmmmmm, question. I received an e/s for the B2M. I picked gorgeous gold and I hate it. (there is NO color payoff with this color at all. I have to put on like 4 layers, if I'm lucky for this color to show up
ssad.gif
)
My question is, can I exchange the e/s even thought I received it as a B2M?
:confused:

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to this and say that at the freestanding store near me, I did a recent b2m and got 2 lipsticks and the MA there told me that they were not exchangeable/returnable so I had to make sure that they were my final decision. I would assume that this is the same if I had picked eyeshadows instead - but they didn't mark the bottom of the eyeshadow or lipstick. I don't think it would be possible for me to exchange or return if I didn't like the shade though because they'd ask for the receipt and the receipt shows that they are b2m.

blueangel1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst

Tbh, I think it's all under the discretion of the management in the store. For example, I went to a freestanding MAC store and got 2 e/s from the Alexander Mcqueen collection w/o a hassle. However when I went to the Pro store they told me that any LE collection with special packaging such as Barbie Loves Mac, Mcqueen, couldn't be used as B2M (which was BS) since I got 2 Barbie lippies as B2M from my local freestanding MAC store. Only because I befriended the MA's, they don't give me a hassle when I bring in like 24 depotted e/s. In other words, if you're a regular at that MAC location...stick with that store, cuz they'll cut you more slack than others. Or if another MAC store says "no" it doesn't hurt to try another store
smiles.gif

Quote:

my local counter told me lash cases don't count
th_dunno.gif

xoleaxo

ooohhh you can b2m & get fafi?? i was under the impression that you couldn't trade for any LE products. good thing i read this thread!

strawberry

i am very sad now as i thrown away a lot of my empty lipglasses, compact powder and my fluidlines...now i only have 5 empty products to send b2m...
ssad.gif

FantaZ

Sigh......The MAC Free standing stores are giving me hassle about my depotted B2M. Both stored in Hawaii have told me they don't accept it but will do it this time for me. I didn't understand their reason for not accepting it because they told me that when I depot them it won't have magnets. ??It doesn't have magnets in the pots so why do they need the pans? I hope I don't have to buy any eyeshadow pots for awhile. The pots took up a lot of space.

Also, the local MA was the one who suggested to depot them and do the B2M. Ugh, consistency! I still love MAC though, ehhehehee
choochoo.gif

Latest posts