MAC FAQ: Back2MAC (B2M)

Danapotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i would call all stores and counters around you and ask them what they do/don't take. we tell customers "any glass, metal or plastic mac container". since employees can't do b2m, i send all my containers to my sister in atlanta, and she takes them all back with no probs down there. so give em all a call and see what's up. that way you're not driving all over the place and getting different answers. plus when you find one that takes em all, you can just go there from now on.

Thank you! I will do that!
wavey.gif

ndn-ista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacq-i
Ooooh.... I want to try that!!

Can you let me know if that works for you? thanks!

j_absinthe

I tried reading through the thread, but there were alot of pages. Does MAC accept paint tubes as part of the B2M program? What about glitter liner tubes?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
I tried reading through the thread, but there were alot of pages. Does MAC accept paint tubes as part of the B2M program? What about glitter liner tubes?

yes and yes. they're supposed to anyways.

miss_supra

Re: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlady87
This may be a dumb question but I'll go ahead and ask: Does an empty eye lash holder thing count as a back2MAC?

[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]Yes, it does
smiles.gif
chatinfo.gif
[/FONT]

[font=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]Welcome to MAC Cosmetics Online. One of our Artists will be with you shortly.
chatinfo.gif
Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Jennifer. How may I assist you?
chava: Hi Jennifer, for B2M would an empty lash container count for it?
Jennifer: Hi Chava.
Jennifer: Yes, it counts.
chava: Thank you!
Jennifer: You're welcome!
Jennifer: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?
chava: That will be all. Have a great weekend.

NaturalSister19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OohJeannie
I just returned some empties and recieved a Viva Glam lipstick...heheheh lucky me

This is not intended to me mean at all, but...

Whoever did that for you violated company policy. Viva Glam is excluded ENTIRELY from B2M because the selling price is donated to the MAC AIDS Fund. Viva Glam empties do not count towards your 6 recycles, nor is anyone supposed to receive it as their recycle gift.

It is explained in detail here on the MAC website.

Not to guilt you or the MA that gave it to you, but that's $14 that was supposed to go to an organization that assists people living with AIDS or HIV. Just so you know.
wavey.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSister19
This is not intended to me mean at all, but...

Whoever did that for you violated company policy. Viva Glam is excluded ENTIRELY from B2M because the selling price is donated to the MAC AIDS Fund. Viva Glam empties do not count towards your 6 recycles, nor is anyone supposed to receive it as their recycle gift.

It is explained in detail here on the MAC website.

Not to guilt you or the MA that gave it to you, but that's $14 that was supposed to go to an organization that assists people living with AIDS or HIV. Just so you know.
wavey.gif

my thoughts exactly! it's not something to be happy about.

however, vg empties do count as part of the six empties. you can recycle them, but you just can't get them as the freebie.

vanillajanice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenlai
Does anyone know about any San Diego MAC locations that take depotted B2M?

TIA!

I can tell you that the Freestanding store at Fashion Valley does NOT accept depotted e/s. I went through the trouble of picking out a l/s, got to the register & then they told me I needed the pans. She said it's because that store accepts pro pans for B2M.

NaturalSister19

Quote:

however, vg empties do count as part of the six empties. you can recycle them, but you just can't get them as the freebie.

The MAC website says that Viva Glam is excluded from the Back to MAC Program. Of course we accept the recycles, but do not count them towards the 6. This is the policy we adhere to @ my counter and that's what I was taught in MAC Basic Training.
smiles.gif

The link to the page on MAC's website about Viva Glam is in my post above.^^^

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSister19
The MAC website says that Viva Glam is excluded from the Back to MAC Program. Of course we accept the recycles, but do not count them towards the 6. This is the policy we adhere to @ my counter and that's what I was taught in MAC Basic Training.
smiles.gif

The link to the page on MAC's website about Viva Glam is in my post above.^^^

i was never told that before, during, or after basic. i've been told it doesn't count as the freebie. the materials are made no different than other lipsticks, the customer has to pay for it like the other products that count, so it makes no sense that it wouldn't count as an empty. i'll ask my trainer about it next time i see her. double check with yours too if you would so we can get a straight answer.

ladynpink

Does anyone here know if there are any MAC stores or counters that will accept e/s pots with no pans....? i called the one in international mall, and one of the MA's said no...please help...i don't know what to do...would sending them in...help:?...i don't want to lose any by sending them in...thanks!!

OohJeannie

Quote:

Geeez How was I supposed to know :| Anyways...I was happy that I got a L/S that I liked.

M.A.C_Addiction

Ummmmmmm, question. I received an e/s for the B2M. I picked gorgeous gold and I hate it. (there is NO color payoff with this color at all. I have to put on like 4 layers, if I'm lucky for this color to show up
ssad.gif
)
My question is, can I exchange the e/s even thought I received it as a B2M?
:confused:

NLoveW630

Yes you can exchange it as long as it's within 30 days.
Ok ladies, I've been reading this post and I'm here to help. I call USA ForFillment, which MAC by the way. I spoke to a rep name Michelle at ex 205 and she told me that MAC does take back DEPOTTED EYESHADOWS. My local store told me that they didn't, she just didn't want to give me what was dueto me, bottom line. The MA's do not make the RULES, The CEO's and the Trustee do. Monday, I'm going in the store to get the new line all 3 e/s with my B2M's. If I have a problem, Michelle told me to call her ASAP. I have her number locked in my cell. I have a total of 36 e/s that I depotted. So, I plan to get some lipglass and some more e/s. I told Michelle what I had and she told me, there's no limit. Also, I plan to buy about 2 new paletts.
So, again if you have any problems, call Mac Customer Service and voice your issues. MAC is in the business of making MONEY by any means neccessary. I'm going in there to get some e/s but I'm still spending money on top of it. It's called the Barter System, read your history, our country was built on it..

Amethyst

I too was disappointed at Fashion Valley - I went in 5 or 6 weeks ago and had no trouble with depotted shadows for B2M. Then I went in on Saturaday and they refused them. I talked to the manager and mentioned that I had recently done B2M with no trouble but she didnt budge. I did live chat with MAC today and she said it was up to the individual managers/stores whether they would take them back. That seems strange for such a big company to allow them to enforce the policies differently. Has anyone heard this before?Does anyone know if the Chula Vista store will take depotted shadow pots for B2M?

talk2mesun

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaksinunif0rm
When I read this I was like "SHOOT!" because I sent in boxes instead of the cases...

But today, I recieved my free lipstick :].

So...I think I'm going to send in more boxes.

You sent in empty boxes, NO empty products at all, and still got a lipstick? Wow.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2mesun
How about mini shadesticks and mini lipglasses? Do they count as empties?

they do, however, they all count as 1 recycle. i believe there were 4 shadesticks in the holiday sets, so all 4 count as 1 recycle. the website says they do not count, but some counters accept them. my counter does. we also take the plastic box they come in. if you are unsure if an item counts, call your nearest location, or just look for the back2mac logo on the box.

Latest posts