MAC FAQ: Back2MAC (B2M)

mommymac

I forgot all about the B2M until I read this post, I depotted about 20 e/s this week I had already thrown them all away but luckily I was able to save 9 of them, does the FluidLine empties and the brush cleaner containers work the same.

bella1342

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliedavis
After finding that none of my local counters would accept depotted eyeshadows, I visited the Mac website and downloaded the Back2Mac mail-in form. I sent 24 empties along with the completed forms. I only paid postage to send the empties, and none was recquired for return of the lipsticks. I received the exact same 4 shades I requested within 14 days from the ship date. And shipping was FREE!!! Ereka! I have found a way!

Does anyone know exactly how this works? If I want to mail 18 empties b2m, would I send 3 seperate packages of 6 empties? Or put all 18 in one package, with 3 seperate forms?

any help is appreciated! thanks!

pookus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella1342
Does anyone know exactly how this works? If I want to mail 18 empties b2m, would I send 3 seperate packages of 6 empties? Or put all 18 in one package, with 3 seperate forms?

any help is appreciated! thanks!

when i do it, i just put them all in one package with one form and instead of listing my first choice with two backups, i list my first choices and then several backup options. for instance, i mailed back 18 last week and put my first three choices and then added another 4 or 5 shades below that just in case.

bella1342

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookus
when i do it, i just put them all in one package with one form and instead of listing my first choice with two backups, i list my first choices and then several backup options. for instance, i mailed back 18 last week and put my first three choices and then added another 4 or 5 shades below that just in case.

thank you!
smiles.gif

archangeli

I sat down and did a massive depotting session today on eyeshadows that I've accumulated since I moved last summer...
With some other random empties that I've saved I have enough for 4 freebies!
Guess who's going to the MAC store tomorrow =P

mac-me-up

I know everyone always asks about whether depotted shadows count for B2M. Well I depotted a bunch of my shadows and took the empties to my local counter. The MA did not say anything about the fact that the shadows had been depotted. In fact, she asked me how I depotted them and told me she puts hers in the toaster oven! I thought that was funny....So anyway I told her about the hair straightener way to depot and she said she'd have to try it!

flossy

I am depotting my shadows using the candle method, which has melted the plastic that holds the metal pan a bit. Will these still be good for B2M?

kuuipo1207

If any of you live in the Nashville area, the MAC store at Green Hills Mall takes back the B2M stuff in exchange for eyeshadows, lip glosses, and lip sticks. And they have no limit for how many things you can get. I took in 48 de-potted e/s pots and got 6 e/s and 2 lipsticks.

You can only get eyeshadows that are in the pots though (which is actually even more of a benefit to you cause then you go home, depot the new shadows that you just B2M'ed, and take the newly depotted shadows back for MORE free stuff!!)

miinx

The MAC freestanding in Columbia Mall, MD takes empties without the pan. They also accept empty eyelash trays for b2m.
greengrin.gif

Jenlai

Does anyone know about any San Diego MAC locations that take depotted B2M?

And I am also wondering if when people take in the depotted shadows, do you put back in the small plastic part that held the pan, or does it work without that little plastic part and the pan?

TIA!

bexarfeliz

So glad I read this thread. I didn't even remember about the B2M & now that I'm back I'm inclined to wait until I go to a freestanding store to get the free e/s or lipglass. Hooray!

Danapotter

Can I take in my empty quad palettes? The one you buy with nothing in it, not the premade ones. I am buying 15 palettes now, so I was wondering if I can give my quads in!

wavey.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danapotter
Can I take in my empty quad palettes? The one you buy with nothing in it, not the premade ones. I am buying 15 palettes now, so I was wondering if I can give my quads in!

wavey.gif

yeppers!

Danapotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
yeppers!

They told me I could not take the refillable ones back because they have metal in them.
weeping.gif

erine1881

we take back glass, metal, and plastic at my counter. the website says primary packaging. so what, primary packaging is only glass? we take it all for b2m.

Danapotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
we take back glass, metal, and plastic at my counter. the website says primary packaging. so what, primary packaging is only glass? we take it all for b2m.

Really? Should I take it in to the store and tell them it is primary packaging? Because I was hoping I could take these back, because I want to buy 15 pan palettes instead of multiple quad palettes.

Thanks!

erine1881

i would call all stores and counters around you and ask them what they do/don't take. we tell customers "any glass, metal or plastic mac container". since employees can't do b2m, i send all my containers to my sister in atlanta, and she takes them all back with no probs down there. so give em all a call and see what's up. that way you're not driving all over the place and getting different answers. plus when you find one that takes em all, you can just go there from now on.

Latest posts