MAC FAQ: Back2MAC (B2M)

BJ1077

Does MAC accept B2M for LE editon collections. I have enough for 10 and wanted to use it for the upcoming moonbathe collection

Misty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ1077
Does MAC accept B2M for LE editon collections. I have enough for 10 and wanted to use it for the upcoming moonbathe collection

I'm sure they do. Their Slimshine lipstick is LE, but I asked the MA at my freestanding MAC store and she said yes I can get a Slimshine lipstick from B2M.

Then again it could depend on the store. But I wouldn't see the problem of getting a moonbathe eyeshadow/lipstick with B2M. Get it while you can, right?
thmbup.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMacMakeup
Can you use a empty Blot Film package? It has the little recycling pic on the back.

If it has the recylcing picture, then it should be good.

Suzyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleil1109
I went into the free-standing MAC store today in Fashion Valley (San Diego) with 36 empties and they gave me back the containers of blush that I had depotted. They said that they were no longer accepting containers of blush and/or eyeshadow WITHOUT the pan IN it! Anyone heard anything about this? She told me I could bring back the containers once I used up all the blush and had the pans with them.

What a rip! What difference does it make whether it has the pan or not? Point is, I bought the stuff and I'm bring the containers back to recycle them.

So my question is, is this happening just at this particular store, or is this a new rule?

There are quite a few ppl before you that said the same thing. Seems to be going on in quite a few places.

*Juliet&Rambo*

Wow.. So will i get my free L/S if i return (1) item Mascara to them???

or do i have to collect more stuff in order for me to cliam with my

free lippie???? ^___^

Alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Juliet&Rambo*
Wow.. So will i get my free L/S if i return (1) item Mascara to them???

or do i have to collect more stuff in order for me to cliam with my

free lippie???? ^___^

You will need to return 6 items to get your l/s.

starangel2383

that person who wrote about them not taking back depotted e/s, i was told the same thing by one of the MU at my local MAC store. that you arent suppose to take them if they dont have their original pan still in the casing. she said that some stores do take them but that this store wouldnt or at least she wasnt going to accept them. i guess it all depends upon the person who is working at the store at that particular day. just the same, im not gonna take any chances on depotting my eyeshadows. i will leave them in their original packaging until they are empty.

pookus

Just for the record, a few months ago I used the mail-in form to send back 30 pots without the metal pans after a depotting frenzy and they mailed me back 5 lippies with no questions asked. It seems like when you mail it in, it is easier for them to just send you the stuff rather than contact you or send you back the pots because they dont want to take them.

what i don't know, however, that i would like to know is if i can select lipglass or e/s through the mail-in program.

Suzyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookus

what i don't know, however, that i would like to know is if i can select lipglass or e/s through the mail-in program.

Nope, only lipstick!

Janice

Secondary packaging is not eligible for B2M, so your microfine refinisher without the box is fine as you only need to product itself for recycling.

JanineDesiree

Too many pages to read so.....
Paints.. are those a part of B2M?

I'm emptying my paint into a container cause I've dropped and stepped it too many time to count in the last 10 days.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlady87
Quick question. I was getting ready to throw away an old MAC nail polish the other night. (The kind in the square bottles with ridged cap) And i was wondering if they'd be accepted as B2M??

the old nail polish bottles DO count!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_July
every item fr mac can exchange for the B2M??? without box is okay right???

any glass, metal or plastic MAC container counts. the only lip or eye liners that count are the retractable liners. all trial sizes (the ones that come in the holiday sets or the skincare try-on pacs) must be returned together and only count as one of the six recycles. boxes are not needed nor do they count. hope that helps.

Plink!

Yeah, any PRIMARY packaging counts as currency for Back2MAC.

Tools and accessories do not count. (ie; pencil sharpeners, spoonges). The palette refil shadows do not count (the primary packaging would be the palette itself).

Janice-make sure the container you're empting your paint into is completely airtight.

Hope this helps.

erine1881

pencil sharpeners do count, since they are plastic. and eyeshadow pans count as well, since they are metal. we accept them all the time at my counter. the only things that don't count are brushes, lip and eye pencils that you sharpen, and secondary packaging.

and things don't have to be empty either. if you don't use the color anymore, recycle it!

blot film packaging does not count. it is cardboard.