MAC FAQ: Back2MAC (B2M)

Ernie

Okay, what about a full size lip or eye pencil? I'm going tomorrow to the store in Soho and try, I have 3 old lip pencils that I'll never use.

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootie2177
can you get lipgloss with your B2M??

Yes, but only at a freestanding store where you've made a purchase previously.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by charismaticlime
No, you can only get eyeshadows in pot form, not pan. Sucks, cause it would be easier for me to slip them into my palette, rather than going through the process of depotting.

That's odd... I asked an MA if shadow refills could be used for b2m and she said she wasn't sure so she asked the manager and he said yes?
hmm.gif
But then again the store just opened so maybe they just don't know everything yet? But still...
ssad.gif

dmenchi

Re: What about Fast Response eye cream tubes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poocatgrrl
Also, did was anyone able to confirm that B2M includes the pro pans?

Thx!

in our pro store-yes!
but they don't accept any special size items or pot without pans in them .

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica_1020
That's what I'm talking about!!
clap.gif

a lipstick or gloss retails for about 14$ .
It doesn't make sense to buy pots for recycling as they are 4$ more than pans,hence 6x4= 26...you could buy almost two lipsticks!!!
thmbup.gif
don't waste your money on pots
smiles.gif

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina983
i was thinking that this am acutally.

promotional sized items don't count for b2m!

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdirenzo
Damn I wish they would take pencils back! I have some fugly ones!!

I asked again today about the pencils, this time at Bloomingdales and was told that the regular pencils are a no go, but....the lip or eye pencils that you don't have to sharpen (Technakohl Liner Eye Pencil/Cremestick Liner Lip Pencil) in the hard plastic cases are good for B2M.

kendra

While intoxicated once, I lost the top of my Myth lipstick, lol, and could NOT find it.. The remains of the tube is empty, but without a cap, Will they still take that? and with 5 other containers would this count for 1 lipstick?

soleil1109

I went into the free-standing MAC store today in Fashion Valley (San Diego) with 36 empties and they gave me back the containers of blush that I had depotted. They said that they were no longer accepting containers of blush and/or eyeshadow WITHOUT the pan IN it! Anyone heard anything about this? She told me I could bring back the containers once I used up all the blush and had the pans with them.

What a rip! What difference does it make whether it has the pan or not? Point is, I bought the stuff and I'm bring the containers back to recycle them.

So my question is, is this happening just at this particular store, or is this a new rule?

xmamax

Do the tubes that lip stains and lip gelees come in count? I would assume so but I wanted to check first.

Dark_Phoenix

Yo, here's my chat yesterday... was wondering about the B2M and depotted shadows:

Welcome to MAC Cosmetics Online. One of our Artists will be with you shortly.
Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Sara. How may I assist you?
Evey: Hi, I have a question about back 2 mac
Evey: If I have removed the eyeshadow pans from the plastic containers, are they still elidgable for return for back 2 mac?
Sara: Hi Evey! If it is a Pro Palette refill (it will have a magnet and sticker on the bottom), you can use it towards Back to MAC. If it's a shadow from regular packaging that you "depotted", you cannot use both the plastic container and the refill.
Evey: Okay, thank you!
Sara: No problem! Save all of your Pro Palette refills for recycling!

MelodyKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtzmaru74
now you can B@M for not only a lipstick but also eyeshadows and lipglosses!

M.A.C. stores are the only place that you can get a lipglass,lipstick,or eyeshadow for your recyclable. At partnered locations they can only get a lipstick.

Alice

I had no idea that you could use the PRO pan refill?!!? I'm excited and sad at the same time. Now I can return them in the future, but now I lost out on the 4 I threw away last week due to being an idiot!! UGH!

glittergoddess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmamax
Do the tubes that lip stains and lip gelees come in count? I would assume so but I wanted to check first.

Yes, they count,.. I B2M'd my empty Who's that lady tube and my Twirltone lipglass stain tube.

stefania905

I already have 5 empties

i was wondering could i use Stroke of Lust (special packaging) if its empty?

and an empty glimmer shimmer

Jacq-i

I B2M'd the pot of my Waternymph e/s (I depotted it) and they took it back, no problem.
smiles.gif
It was part of the Lure collection, and had special packaging.

(I have a backup of Waternymph, in the pot too, I just loved it so much I needed one in my pallet as well!)