MAC FAQ: Back2MAC (B2M)

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
what about premade quads?

Quads that come out with collections. I.e Tone Grey quad from Trend F/W.

DianAdams

i heard that if you take 6 b2m to an actual MAC store, you can get a choice of a lipstick, or an eyeshadow. is this true?

iaisha26

All quads can be B2M'd (quads with collections & empty quads/palettes).

A foul proof way to tell if your packages items qualify for B2M is to look in the inner flap; it will same Back to MAC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
Quads that come out with collections. I.e Tone Grey quad from Trend F/W.

iaisha26

This is BS...this totally qualifies. Take it to another counter or store, if that doesn't work try MUA; I'm sure you'd be able to do a swap to get something on there.

I must admit; there's no consistency. We'll accept everything incl. depots, but some stores in our district won't accept depots and limit the B2M item to lipstick only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmarnip
i tried to return a bottle of eye makeup remover along with some other empty stuffs. at the counter they tolf me that the policy has changed and that they got a new list of returnable items.
a bottles of eye makeup remover (the violet one) is not "B2Mable"
WTF2.gif

fallenang3l211

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
what about premade quads?

it should be noted that pre-made quads only count as 1 item, not 4

obscuria

I went to MAC the other day to B2M some things and the girl that was helping me said that she couldn't take them back because my eyeshadow pots were altered (I depotted the shadows from them so they had holes in them from where I pushed the shadow out) and that premade quads that I depotted (i.e. the tempting quad) don't count at all towards B2M. But I've B2M'ed depotted pots and quads before at the exact same location about a month ago.

I don't know if this is true or not and I hope someone can verify/unverify it so I know whether I should still keep them or toss them.

hello_kitty

It depends on the location... they all seem to do what they want. Personally I've never had a problem ever turning in depots at the freestanding store I went to. Most of the time they wouldn't even look at what I was giving them.

Maybe try again and see if you get someone else, go at a different time or something...

Boasorte

I agree, some don't even loo carefully, they'll just count it. I'd say try another store/counter or go in another day. If not, swap the empties!!!

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by redenvelope
does anyone know if they take the prep+prime transparent finishing powder container for b2m?

Yes you can

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
I went to MAC the other day to B2M some things and the girl that was helping me said that she couldn't take them back because my eyeshadow pots were altered (I depotted the shadows from them so they had holes in them from where I pushed the shadow out) and that premade quads that I depotted (i.e. the tempting quad) don't count at all towards B2M. But I've B2M'ed depotted pots and quads before at the exact same location about a month ago.

I don't know if this is true or not and I hope someone can verify/unverify it so I know whether I should still keep them or toss them.

I've had this problem before my macys will take depots but my mac store wont well the lady at macys told me all locations got a recent memo depots are acceptable your best bet is get on live chat and ask if they say yes which they should print the conversation out and take it in with you next time

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dbeauty07
I've had this problem before my macys will take depots but my mac store wont well the lady at macys told me all locations got a recent memo depots are acceptable your best bet is get on live chat and ask if they say yes which they should print the conversation out and take it in with you next time

I just went back another day and got helped by a different SA who let me B2M without a problem. I need to start remembering which SA's aren't as picky as others I guess.

myzleelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria

which store was this?

myzleelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenang3l211
yes, they do
smiles.gif
i lived there all summer. if the pro store on union didn't take my depots i'd go to fillmore. if you go to pro, look for morgan or leili. at fillmore look for hailey or edgar! good luck
smiles.gif

do the labels have to be on the pot? i took mine off and put it on the pan.

fallenang3l211

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzleelee
do the labels have to be on the pot? i took mine off and put it on the pan.

nope! it'd be absurd if they rejected you for no labels. i've brought in dozens of es with no pan and no label.

Latest posts