MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

Pimptress

Ughhhhhh I really wish I could figure out some way that a dental assistant would need a PPID card.
smiles.gif

blueyedlady87

Question: I'm doing cosmetology school next year (if I get accepted). Does any school count or do they have a certain list? And what would I need to submit, if anyone knows, it would be soo helpful! I'm going to be veryyy happy if it goes through!

<3

farra712

Unfortunately, they have a list of schools, but you may be able to email them and ask them about it if your school is accredited by the state but not recognized by MAC. They may make exceptions for students cause they seem pretty laid back about the regular pro discount....

.Serenity.Eludes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishchick72
Can someone please tell me what is involved in the renewal of the MAC pro card? Do you have to submit all the documents each time? And how often do you renew?

"Membership is renewable annually and is the responsibility of the member. After providing your payment, please retain your current M·A·C PRO card until you receive your new card, as your membership number will not change. Your membership expiration date is printed on your M·A·C PRO Membership card. If your membership has lapsed for twelve months or more, you must resubmit current professional documentation and a M·A·C PRO Membership application." i got this info from http://www.macpro.com/customerservice/membership.tmpl

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by farra712
Unfortunately, they have a list of schools, but you may be able to email them and ask them about it if your school is accredited by the state but not recognized by MAC. They may make exceptions for students cause they seem pretty laid back about the regular pro discount....

great! thanx so much.

Parishoon

i'm always putting the cart before the horse or w/e they say, but I'm trying to collect my documentation in case i'm ever eligble for the PPID....

this may be explained easily & i'm just making it more complex, but
would I be ineligble for the discount b/c I'm getting additional money at the daily rate or does that only apply to actual submitting receipts for reimbursement from accounting to make sure you're not being reimbursed RRP?

if you work in costume dept, but aren't doing the m/u are you eligble to appt?

TIA

.Serenity.Eludes.

*does the happy dance* my card came in today.!!! and Paris if you are a costume designer you can get the card. you'll be getting a 30% discount with it.

brandiisamonkey

so if they take the money out your account your def getting a card right? lol if so im getting mine! how long did it take to get everyones after you were charged?

.Serenity.Eludes.

my bank card was charged on March 24th and I got my pro card on the 30th. So it doesnt take that long
smiles.gif
. Congrads on getting your card!!!
greengrin.gif

holliedavis

I submitted my business card and 1 reference letter on Wednesday, and the charge showed up on my credit on Friday! Wooooo-hoooo! I want my card TODAY.... How long did it take you gals to get your card after the charge?

mae13

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliedavis
If MAC denies your application, will they let you know? By mail? Email? anybody here been denied?

Seconding this question.

I faxed mine in saturday, and so far there's been no communication or charges to my credit card.

x-bebe

I was wondering.. my mom is a beauty consultant for the Estee Lauder counter at a duty free shop. (Think Department Stores) She's been one for almost 15 years; do you think she's eligible for the MAC Pro Card?

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bebe
I was wondering.. my mom is a beauty consultant for the Estee Lauder counter at a duty free shop. (Think Department Stores) She's been one for almost 15 years; do you think she's eligible for the MAC Pro Card?

Does she not recieve an employee discount for working there? If not, she may be eligible. She should contact MAC to find out.

emmy56

Mac Pro Membership Spending Limit?

Hello everyone how are you? I hope all is well! I just got my mac pro card in the mail etc etc and I had a conversation about it with one of my friends at work, she said that there is a $500 spending limit. Is this true? I was curious because I read in the Macpro website that you would get 5 times free shipping if you spend over $150 so I wouldn't think there would be an actual spending limit of $500 dollars per year right? And also the same friend said that her card had declined the last time she went to a mac pro store..I am a liscenced make up artist and she just works at a men's fragrance counter so is there some type of difference? If anyone knows about this I would be so happy to find out, just to be clear on "spending limits" if there are any lol..there's so much I want/need to buy! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and have a great evening!!

<3