MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityii
I think it's $500 each time you use it, but I could be wrong.

this is correct.

x-bebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
Does she not recieve an employee discount for working there? If not, she may be eligible. She should contact MAC to find out.

Yes, she receives one, but only for Estee Lauder if she buys it from the place she works. Also, she gets Gratis; but it doesn't include MAC as part of the brands.

mae13

OMG! I just checked my online bank account and they withdrew the monies! Weeeee!

Darn this Easter weekend and the lack of postal service. I'll probably have to wait until middle of next week.

mae13

I faxed mine in saturday the 8th, the charge to my credit card was on the 12th (so about 2-3 working days to process - though of course it only showed up online the 14th). I still haven't received it, but even if they sent it the day after, the postal service was shut down for the friday and monday around Easter. It's coming to Montreal from Toronto, and that usually takes a couple of days.

.VivaDiva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae13
I faxed mine in saturday the 8th, the charge to my credit card was on the 12th (so about 2-3 working days to process - though of course it only showed up online the 14th). I still haven't received it, but even if they sent it the day after, the postal service was shut down for the friday and monday around Easter. It's coming to Montreal from Toronto, and that usually takes a couple of days.

What did u fax in hun

~VD

mae13

Business card (or rather, photocopy of it along with photo ID), client contract and reference letter from same long-term client.

RicanPrincipessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bebe
I was wondering.. my mom is a beauty consultant for the Estee Lauder counter at a duty free shop. (Think Department Stores) She's been one for almost 15 years; do you think she's eligible for the MAC Pro Card?

Wow! I was just about to ask that!

I start working for Estee Lauder @ Macys soon and I was also wondering how that may effect my chances of applying for a Pro Card?

I would ask MAC but it takes forever and a week for them to get back in touch with me. I do get a store discount but the Pro Card would be sooo much better. Since I want to use it at the Pro Stores!!!

Would I be able to get it since it is within the same company or would I be out of luck?

Any answers would be great!

Thanks in advance!!!

mae13

Wee! It just came in! So that's...about 9 business days (not counting the Easter holidays, since we didn't have postal service) since I faxed it.

Parishoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontpayretail23
Well I called yesterday (5/3) and they said they recieved the fax and that I was approved and entered into the computer. Today (5/4) MAC charged my bank account the $35. Yay!

congrats, just in time for the big stuff
rofl.gif

i wonder if faxing is faster than shipping it when it comes to how quick they process it. i just sent my envelope today, i guess we'll see.

do they contact you via phone/email to let you know you're accepted or do you just have to watch your bank account/credit card?

Georgiecat

I am getting a Pro card!!!! I am so happy; I want to tell someone who understands because nobody here will know how great this news really is. I faxed in my application Friday evening (5/5) and the charge showed up today (5/10)!!!! I love today!!!!

farra712

Yay! I love mine! i wish I could use it more, though because I don't have a pro store anywhere near so I have to either place a $150 order (not tooo hard to do) or pay a lot of shipping, so most LE stuff I end up buying at the counter. But anyway, it is definitely fun to have!

Originsgirl

Blah! I mailed my app in 4 weeks ago- still no charge to my Amex! I have the things needed to get one. Is this regular? I wish I would have seen this whole faxing thing before. If I call can they tell me what's up?

pinkfeet

RicanPrincipessa said:
Wow! I was just about to ask that!

I start working for Estee Lauder @ Macys soon and I was also wondering how that may effect my chances of applying for a Pro Card?

I would ask MAC but it takes forever and a week for them to get back in touch with me. I do get a store discount but the Pro Card would be sooo much better. Since I want to use it at the Pro Stores!!!

Would I be able to get it since it is within the same company or would I be out of luck?

QUOTE]

You still have to provide the same info even if you do work for EL. So unless you are a makeup artist for the EL team, you are just a beauty consultant or adviser soooo...

I donk think I ever heard of any EL exec writing a letter saying a SA was a mUA on letter head - though they might.

You still need 2 proofs of being a mua to get card so just working for EL wont guarantee anything.

And yeah the discount for working at macys is not that great, 20% where as ppid is 40% for mua's.

Georgiecat

I have a REALLY stupid question. I want to buy a palette & the 15 shadows to go in it. Because the shadows are different colors, do they count as seperate items under the PRO discount? I was worried because the limit says "no more than 8 of one item or color." Does MAC ring up each shadow color as a different item?

martygreene

it may. You should probably get a change of address ticket for your license anyhow, so that you don't run into problems writing cheques, etc.

prettipolish

I have a question,
I do acting for a agency for background entertainment
I do make up for people for dances
Would I be able to qualify?