MAC Flamingo Park Collection (Jan. 28, 2016)

stirfryedshana

Question... how does Fashion Flock compare to Toying Around (Can't recall the collection its from)

I can't show you a comparison because I lost my Toying Around but they're definitely different. Toying Around is more orange/red and TFF is much brighter and pinker, almost white-based.

EDIT: Actually I think Toying Around pulls differently on different people...if it pulls more pink on you it'll be a lot more similar to TFF.

Last edited:

stirfryedshana

Did some swatches.

Blushes:
The one on the far right I seriously can't remember if it's What I Fancy or Spring Flock so I didn't label it!
View attachment 51983
OM and LAP are similar but OM is a touch more red. Even the top two are pretty similar in person! Then the two I'm confused about seem similar too...

Lipsticks:
View attachment 51984
I bought LL&F. Nice To Meet You is pretty hot in person. I didn't expect that, it wasn't on my radar. Be Silly is brighter than NFP for sure.

Love the swatches! I think I'll probably go after Be Silly anyway...even if it does turn out close to NFP I'm okay with it lol.

stirfryedshana

I ordered a back up of Long Legged and Fabulous. I never do back ups bc I switch up my lipsticks so much I never get around to needing them, but there are a few exceptions lol I wish I got a backup of Boca from Julia Petit! I can already tell Long Legged & Fabulous is going to be another. And it's funny bc I really don't like pinks! Lol

Here's a quick pic with Spring Flock blush

View attachment 51994

I have no idea why the pic is sideways lol

That looks amazing on you....man, now I want Long Legged & Fabulous too....

Ugh sorry, just realized this made three different posts.

Last edited:

montREALady

This helps-thanks for the swatches!
You're welcome!

I ordered a back up of Long Legged and Fabulous. I never do back ups bc I switch up my lipsticks so much I never get around to needing them, but there are a few exceptions lol I wish I got a backup of Boca from Julia Petit! I can already tell Long Legged & Fabulous is going to be another. And it's funny bc I really don't like pinks! Lol

Here's a quick pic with Spring Flock blush

View attachment 51994

I have no idea why the pic is sideways lol
So glad I got it today. I think I'll wear it tomorrow. I remember when I finally got Boca on a restock and I was so happy and I barely wear it.

Kind of awkward quick pic of HYC on me. I love it! It's like the matte, slightly more purple Hollywood Cerise (one of my favorite lippies ever) and I'm so glad I caved on it!
View attachment 51996

*sigh* And I'm sideways.
Looks gorg on you! I love HC, haven't worn it since the summer though. I'm trying so hard to refrain from buying HYC.

Love the swatches! I think I'll probably go after Be Silly anyway...even if it does turn out close to NFP I'm okay with it lol.
It's so pretty. Seriously, this collection is too much for me. I love pinks, lol.

LipstickNChill

When you do get Be Silly, would you mind swatching it next to Pink Pigeon, if you have it? Thank you!

Finally got to do some swatches! I swatched The Fashion Flock against most of my corals. Reel Sexy was close but far more orange than TFF. Flamingo was also similar but much lighter and less pigmented. Viva Glam Nicki was actually pretty similar but not as bright. I also swatched it against three of my YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks.

Hopefully I can get Be Silly soon, once I do I'll swatch that against some of my pinks (like No Faux Pas, Good Kisser, Happy Go Lucky, Viva Miley 1, etc)

View attachment 51909
View attachment 51910
View attachment 51911
View attachment 51912

montREALady

I kinda want to order This Could Be Fun...

Me too, or Let's Be Friends...

WOC ladies, I forgot to mention yesterday that the MAC girl said Sunny Surprise would be good for under my eyes on my skintone when I swatched it. I have swatch videos on my IG, link below. Sunny Surprise is there.

LiliV

Beautiful!

Absolutely stunning on you! I think I may need this one ;)

Isabelle

That looks amazing on you....man, now I want Long Legged & Fabulous too....

Ugh sorry, just realized this made three different posts.

You're welcome!

So glad I got it today. I think I'll wear it tomorrow. I remember when I finally got Boca on a restock and I was so happy and I barely wear it.

Thanks, ladies!

Surabhi

New User
I saw dominic_mua show MAC Flamingo Park on Periscope and another mua confirmed that we are getting individual eye shadows in the UK. The 9 pan palette is a US exclusive.

Last edited:

Tarabotti

I'm going to blame montREALady. :wavey:

I looked at her swatches and decided to go to my MAC counter to swatch the collection in person. Somehow Be Silly lipstick, This Could Be Fun Blush and a cremesheen glass (the darkest one-I forget the name of it now) ended up coming home with me. I might get a back up of Have Your Cake and then I am done with this collection.

montREALady

I'm going to blame montREALady. :wavey:

I looked at her swatches and decided to go to my MAC counter to swatch the collection in person. Somehow Be Silly lipstick, This Could Be Fun Blush and a cremesheen glass (the darkest one-I forget the name of it now) ended up coming home with me. I might get a back up of Have Your Cake and then I am done with this collection.

Hahaaaa!! Yay!

I'm wearing Long Legged & Fabulous today with Nicka K Pink Flamingo Automatic Lip Pencil. Only realizing now that it followed the Flamingo theme, I just picked it from my pink liners! I can't seem to upload pics via mobile but it's on my IG. Link below.

res_1454681926749_wm.jpg

Oh it seems to be working now.

Icecaramellatte

Kind of awkward quick pic of HYC on me. I love it! It's like the matte, slightly more purple Hollywood Cerise (one of my favorite lippies ever) and I'm so glad I caved on it!
View attachment 51996

*sigh* And I'm sideways.

Looks great!

I saw dominic_mua show MAC Flamingo Park on Periscope and another mua confirmed that we are getting individual eye shadows in the UK. The 9 pan palette is a US exclusive.

Interesting. There was a color I wouldn't mind as a single. I think it was that taupey grayish color. Is that one a single too?

Hahaaaa!! Yay!

I'm wearing Long Legged & Fabulous today with Nicka K Pink Flamingo Automatic Lip Pencil. Only realizing now that it followed the Flamingo theme, I just picked it from my pink liners! I can't seem to upload pics via mobile but it's on my IG. Link below.

View attachment 52013

Oh it seems to be working now.

Love the pink eyeliner.

Latest posts