MAC for Marilyn

crystalis007

All the pics (big thanks to Richelle!) have helped me get my list down which is good!
Charmed I'm Sure, Love Goddess, and Scarlet Ibis lipsticks are coming home with me. Preferred Blonde and Showgirl eyeshadows and Fascinating Eye Kohl which I've been wanting forever.

Richelle83

All the pics (big thanks to Richelle!) have helped me get my list down which is good!
Charmed I'm Sure, Love Goddess, and Scarlet Ibis lipsticks are coming home with me. Preferred Blonde and Showgirl eyeshadows and Fascinating Eye Kohl which I've been wanting forever.
Glad I could help. Love Goddess will look gorgeous on you.

duckrodeo

Richelle thank you so much for your detailed reviews and swatches! I'm a little sad that the lipsticks are familiar! But maybe I'll get Love Goddess after all. This will be a small haul for me, I wish I had the option to pre-sale in my area, but ah well! I'm working major overtime at my job this week so I hope I get lucky to catch LG and the b/p!!

prettygirl

Thank you, Richelle for the swatches!!! Do you know if Ruffian Red is like any of the colors? I just got it, and haven't gotten a chance to wear it yet! TIA!!!

aradhana

thanks for the swatches and video richelle!

you look great in that pic with the purple top....so cute!
i know those lipsticks look familiar but i'm starting to consider them more seriously anyway....

Fiberluver

I will never, EVER forget being sold Oh Baby and Chestnut on my first ever trip to Mac when I decided I wanted to try makeup. I was so ready thinking they'd show me reds and pinks or things I've never even imagined and then they gave me that. True horror story and unfortunately, some of us never break out of the experience of having some salesperson hand us browns or plums to see that we can wear many other things.
OMG! You too???

My sister absolutely abhors that combo and refuses to wear Chestnut - ever!!!

I like both of these products but not together!!!

VampyCouture

After seeing the swatches, (thanks to Richelle!), I'm just going to grab Deeply Adored and Scarlet Ibis. The rest look dupeable to me

CartoonChic

Thanks for the swatches Richelle! You've helped to confirm my order.

Love Goddess (x2)
Scarlet Ibis (x2)
Charmed, I'm Sure
Deeply Adored

I don't think I need BUs of Charmed, I'm Sure and Deeply Adored since I have Runaway Red and Rocker. I'm also going to pick up that 231 brush mentioned in the video. I hope swatches of the Beauty Powder will appear on deeper skin. The previous swatches look like it may be ashy.

Fiberluver

My sis & I stopped by our local MAC store to see if the Marilyn display was up yet - it was - & I took a look @ everything.

I swatched a few things and decided that I'm sticking w/3 red lippies - I already have Scarlet Ibis.

Lookie here:

I tried the 3 reds - all nice - beauty powder (skip - too ashy for my NC45 skin) and shadows.

The shadows are VP (nicely textured, no glittery fall out) - but a skip for me. I'm not interested in them. Ignore the stripes - those were swatches from Sephora!

The bp reminded me of Porcelain Pink msf. It is really smooth, nice to the touch but rather on the light side.

I was not interested in the blushes - too light - nail polishes, etc.

I reserved the 3 red l/s and called it a day.

Love Goddess runs pinky red - kinda reminded me of Impassioned in a way - not a shade I would normally pick up but it is different. The other 2 reds are gorgeous too!

It was odd that there are no red glosses but oh well.

I tried Phff or what ever it is called on my hand & it is pretty but I'm skipping it.

Please note that these photos were taken indoors under artificial light.

I removed everything before I went outside - the back of my hand was covered in makeup!

Oh - I forgot to add: @ my local MAC f/s store: they are having an event next weekend. You will be able to purchase products, etc during the event & after the event is over, you won't be able to get anything until the official release date.

Fiberluver

Thanks for the swatches Richelle! You've helped to confirm my order.

Love Goddess (x2)
Scarlet Ibis (x2)
Charmed, I'm Sure
Deeply Adored

I don't think I need BUs of Charmed, I'm Sure and Deeply Adored since I have Runaway Red and Rocker. I'm also going to pick up that 231 brush mentioned in the video. I hope swatches of the Beauty Powder will appear on deeper skin. The previous swatches look like it may be ashy.
CartoonChic,

It is ashy - a peachy pink kinda ash but ashy as all out.

One would have thought that considering the steep cost of it MAC would have designed a beautiful compact for it & the l/s. I bet Marilyn had beautiful compacts and l/s cases on her dressing table!

CartoonChic

I will never, EVER forget being sold Oh Baby and Chestnut on my first ever trip to Mac when I decided I wanted to try makeup. I was so ready thinking they'd show me reds and pinks or things I've never even imagined and then they gave me that. True horror story and unfortunately, some of us never break out of the experience of having some salesperson hand us browns or plums to see that we can wear many other things.
This is one of the reasons why I love the internet. When I decided to start wearing makeup, I did my research on YouTube before ever stepping foot at a makeup counter. I knew exactly what shades I wanted to try. If they looked good on me after swatching, then I'd buy them. I'm very thankful that I never had preconceived notions or rules of what would and wouldn't look good on me. I would need to try it and see for myself. I'm not saying that I'm not open to opinions or suggestions. But it's my face, so my opinion tops anyone else's.

CartoonChic

CartoonChic,

It is ashy - a peachy pink kinda ash but ashy as all out.

One would have thought that considering the steep cost of it MAC would have designed a beautiful compact for it & the l/s. I bet Marilyn had beautiful compacts and l/s cases on her dressing table!
Ah, thank you! I guess it's a skip for me.

Fiberluver

Ah, thank you! I guess it's a skip for me.
Aw - too bad! You still may want to swatch it before you write it off.

It's just not for me - I could only get away using it for a highlighter & I have bucket loads of those!

I guarantee the bp will be the first thing to go!