MAC for Marilyn

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Naynadine
I wish they would have repromoted I get no Kick.
sigh.gif
I've been waiting for it to come back for a while now and I think it would've been perfect in this collection.

That would have been lovely and quite appropriate to the collection.

Ashleybubbles83

right now the only thing i would get without seeing swatches is deeply adored. everything else sounds like it would be too pale for me.

kimibos

Lipstick
Deeply Adored - Deep scarlet (Matte)

Charmed I'm Sure - Dark true red (Matte) i don't get this description. can there be a light true red?? how can it be true red if its dark?

Eyeshadow
How to Marry - Soft White (Veluxe Pearl)
heart.gif

Preferred Blonde - Pale champagne beige (Veluxe Pearl)
heart.gif
i love shades like these all over the lid with a thick cat eye!!!

Silver Screen - True silver (Veluxe Pearl)
heart.gif

Beauty Powder
Forever Marilyn - Sheer pale peach highlighter
rasta.gif
im already thinking about pairing this with immortal flower!!

Powder Blush
Legendary - Pale soft coral (Satin) yesss please yesss
The Perfect Cheek - Neutral pink beige (Matte) is this like a more wearable pink cult??

Sexy Sadie

Kimbo: I believe theye mean with "true red" is that the colour is balanced. No too much of either blue or orange. But blackened deep.

liesierre

this may be what the red will look like...?
http://www.chicprofile.com/2012/03/upcoming-mac-cosmetics-collections-for-summer-fall-2012-information-sneak-peek-photos.html

Indieprincess

After taking a peek at the color story my prelim list is Deeply Adored l/s Charmed I'm Sure l/s Scarlet Ibis l/s (I missed out on all of the Apfel lipsticks) It looks like this will be an easy and inexpensive haul:) but I can't complain because if all goes will and these reds complement my neutral leaning NC45 skin, three brand new mattes will be coming home with me :encore:

Mac-Guy

Deeply Adored - Deep scarlet (Matte) Charmed I'm Sure - Dark true red (Matte) i don't get this description. can there be a light true red?? how can it be true red if its dark?

Eyeshadow
heart.gif

heart.gif
i love shades like these all over the lid with a thick cat eye!!!

Silver Screen - True silver (Veluxe Pearl)
heart.gif

Beauty Powder
Forever Marilyn - Sheer pale peach highlighter
rasta.gif
im already thinking about pairing this with immortal flower!!

Powder Blush
Legendary - Pale soft coral (Satin) yesss please yesss
The Perfect Cheek - Neutral pink beige (Matte) is this like a more wearable pink cult??

It's more like Sur from the MC collection.

Spanky

I haven't made a list yet but I'm so excited that Scarlet Ibsis is being repromoted! I'm hoping I'll love it! Sounds like there is going to be some great stuff! & all VP ESs. I'm in heaven!

MRV

I don't mind the repromotes in this collection. I have them all, so it's just money saved!

MY LIST:
Lipstick
Deeply Adored - Deep scarlet (Matte) & Charmed I'm Sure - Dark true red (Matte) - I hope these 2 won't be too dark. + They sound like not blue based ones, so there's hope.
Pure Zen - Warm nude (Cremesheen) - I'd love to find an awesome nude, this warm aspect interest me, but it's a MAYBE.
Love Goddess - Mid-tone pink red (Satin)

Dazzleglass
Phiff! - Sheer yellow peach - I might get a BU (I only have a mini from G&I). I like this one with bright lippies.
Little Rock - Soft sheer white with pearlized pigments - MAYBE?

Eyeshadow
Silver Screen - True silver (Veluxe Pearl) - I might skip this one. Since the e/s are special packaged I don't have buy a quadfull of them.
Showgirl - Dark blue grey (Veluxe Pearl)

Beauty Powder Forever Marilyn - Sheer pale peach highlighter

Powder Blush Legendary - Pale soft coral (Satin)

Nail Lacquers - big MAYBE

Not too much damage, but I hope this doesn't come at the same time with other collections.

Pinkdollface

Here's Scarlet Ibis over Redd lipliner. I tried to take a picture of Sail La Vie and SI side by side, but my camera sucks and can't pic up the difference, but really they are different. Maybe if you're a darker skintone not so much. I was able to take a picture of SLV by itself in the same lightning. That picture is on the right.

Audrey C

Here's Scarlet Ibis over Redd lipliner. I will take a picture of Sail La Vie later, because my old picture has different lightning so you can't see the difference between the two lippies as well.
Thank you so much! This is definitely redder than SLV. Sold!

Pinkdollface

Thank you so much! This is definitely redder than SLV. Sold!
I will take another picture of the two side by side on my lips. I do have to tell that SI is a touch more orange without Redd lipliner.

Edit: My camera couldn't pic up the difference so sorry, but i can't show the picture:( I only have a picture of SLV by itself to compare to SI.

Audrey C

I will take another picture of the two side by side on my lips. I do have to tell that SI is a tough more orange without Redd lipliner. I will take the new picture without Redd l/l.
I would wear SI with Redd to make it redder as well. I wear SLV with Throw Me a Line.

Audrey C

Ahh stupid camera can't show the difference:( And it gets blurry when i try to take a picture of my lips only. Aren't TMAL and Redd like the same colour?
Are they? Well, that's good to know. I have TMAL but was going to buy Redd. And my list shrinks again!
cheerleader.gif

Can you see a meaningful difference between SLV and SI? I'm trying to avoid near dupes but am happy to get SI if it's redder.

MACina

Wow....both lipsticks look gorgeous on you Pinkdollface!

And you can definitely see a difference between SI and SLV.

Thank you very much for posting these pics!
Here's Scarlet Ibis over Redd lipliner. I tried to take a picture of Sail La Vie and SI side by side, but my camera sucks and can't pic up the difference, but really they are different. Maybe if you're a darker skintone not so much. I was able to take a picture of SLV by itself in the same lightning. That picture is on the right.

lyseD

It's more like Sur from the MC collection.

So I should still get The Perfect Cheek even if I have Pink Cult?

You tease about the penultimate liner being released so often but do you like it?

Thanks for your help.

Piarpreet

pinkdollface makes me want the lipstick i didnt want!!!!! :p

I want all the red lippies and BP and blushes.

Latest posts