MAC for Marilyn

ForeverJenn

I wore love goddess yesterday and received so many compliments! It's such a beautiful color, I definitely need to give it more love :)

Medgal07

I wore love goddess yesterday and received so many compliments! It's such a beautiful color, I definitely need to give it more love :)
I need to dip into my MM collection items again. I think I've worn LG maybe once. I love it, but things get pushed to the rear when the new stuff comes along.
punk_.gif

Fiberluver

Today I'm wearing DA with Showgirl e/s. I love this look. I layered Blackground p/p with Unflappable (Peacocky 2011) and SG on top.
I love layering e/s on top of each other. I mainly use SG and SilverScreen over other e/s to give them some depth and cut down on the shine.
Don't get me wrong: when I don't have tons of time to do my e/s I usually slap SG and SS over a paint pot and roll out the door.
I think DA and LG are going to get the most use with CIS and SI following behind.

Pinkdollface

Today I'm wearing DA with Showgirl e/s. I love this look. I layered Blackground p/p with Unflappable (Peacocky 2011) and SG on top.
I love layering e/s on top of each other. I mainly use SG and SilverScreen over other e/s to give them some depth and cut down on the shine.
Don't get me wrong: when I don't have tons of time to do my e/s I usually slap SG and SS over a paint pot and roll out the door.
I think DA and LG are going to get the most use with CIS and SI following behind.
It's so nice to hear how much you're still in love with this collection! I didn't get the eyeshadows, but I still love my neutral EDES from Glamour Daze with the lippies and of course my Naked palette and neutral Mac palette that I build myself. My favs are DA and SI I think en then LG and CIS.

Fiberluver

PinkdollFace: IMHO: MM, HC and Iris Apfel were the best collections from MAC last year.
I picked up a variety of things from a number of different collections but those 3 are my absolute faves.
I was tickled that there were a lot of mattes (my fav formula) and pink: PP, PPigeon, Quick Sizzle.
It's a shame that SI doesn't get a lot of love (right now). I think I need to experiment with it a bit more.
As for MM: DA, LG and CIS are so easy to wear - half the time I don't even use a liner with them.
Maybe I'm just smitten with reds right now.

Pinkdollface

PinkdollFace: IMHO: MM, HC and Iris Apfel were the best collections from MAC last year.
I picked up a variety of things from a number of different collections but those 3 are my absolute faves.
I was tickled that there were a lot of mattes (my fav formula) and pink: PP, PPigeon, Quick Sizzle.
It's a shame that SI doesn't get a lot of love (right now). I think I need to experiment with it a bit more.
As for MM: DA, LG and CIS are so easy to wear - half the time I don't even use a liner with them.
I think those were my favorite collections of 2012 too! The new matte formula is just amazing and I'm also very happy with the colours they brought out in that formula.
SI was a real suprize for me. I was almost going to skip it when Iris Apfel came out, but I'm so glad I didn't! Now I knew I needed BU's with the Marilyn collection. Red are generally easy colours on me (I think), so I was happy to have some variety thank to this collection:) I do always use liner, but that's because I can't apply it perfectly from the tube I think.
I wish I could be done with reds, but Absolute Power somehow ended up in my collection too haha.

liba

In terms of "OMG I bought almost the whole thing" collections, HC, Apres Chic and Strength take the cake.

For my most favorite for just being fun, with a creative color story and cool promotional material, I pick Reel Sexy (loved that weird creepy promo movie so much), with Vera as the runner-up.

Best collections for high quality, daily use staples with a twist were Styleseeker and Tres Cheek (and of course Apres Chic).

For collections that had groups of certain products that just were to die for/collect-them-all, of course Iris Apfel for the lipsticks, Shop/Cook for the fluidlines (I love them so much!), Naturally for the MBs and Extra Dimension for the EDSFs.

It's just too hard to narrow it down to a top 3 for me, since MAC just hit it out of the park so often this year! I have SO MUCH MAKEUP now
tease.gif

BuickMackane

I think those were my favorite collections of 2012 too! The new matte formula is just amazing and I'm also very happy with the colours they brought out in that formula.
SI was a real suprize for me. I was almost going to skip it when Iris Apfel came out, but I'm so glad I didn't! Now I knew I needed BU's with the Marilyn collection. Red are generally easy colours on me (I think), so I was happy to have some variety thank to this collection:) I do always use liner, but that's because I can't apply it perfectly from the tube I think.
I wish I could be done with reds, but Absolute Power somehow ended up in my collection too haha.
I loved this collection too, as my wallet would agree:
- All lippies
- Both blushes
- FM & 2BUs

I also went hogwild on GD, Strength and TT (a largish box containing goodies from the latter two should reach me any day now). AC did slightly less damage,

Next episode of MAC madness: ARCHIE!!!

ChosenOne

In terms of "OMG I bought almost the whole thing" collections, HC, Apres Chic and Strength take the cake.

For my most favorite for just being fun, with a creative color story and cool promotional material, I pick Reel Sexy (loved that weird creepy promo movie so much), with Vera as the runner-up.

Best collections for high quality, daily use staples with a twist were Styleseeker and Tres Cheek (and of course Apres Chic).

For collections that had groups of certain products that just were to die for/collect-them-all, of course Iris Apfel for the lipsticks, Shop/Cook for the fluidlines (I love them so much!), Naturally for the MBs and Extra Dimension for the EDSFs.

It's just too hard to narrow it down to a top 3 for me, since MAC just hit it out of the park so often this year! I have SO MUCH MAKEUP now
tease.gif
These sound like categories on an awards show! As I read it, I heard it in my head as if said by a presenter on the Oscars or something, haha. "And the nominees are..."

Medgal07

tease.gif
So hard to stop the madness. I've gotten so much from these collections that I've had to expand my makeup center. It's still manageable in terms of organization but....with Archie on the horizon I may need to expand the expansion...that's just twisted!
icon_bump.gif

MACina

I just had to rearrange some parts of my makeup center.And now there is space for more
pompom.gif

So hard to stop the madness. I've gotten so much from these collections that I've had to expand my makeup center. It's still manageable in terms of organization but....with Archie on the horizon I may need to expand the expansion...that's just twisted!
icon_bump.gif

Medgal07

I picked up Preferred Blonde because of the love you were giving the MM eye shadows. I so need to back up a tad and use these products again. Otherwise what's the point right?