MAC for Marilyn

sss215

I need like at least half of the James Bond collection, it looks amazing! I'm so in love with On Her Majesty's Secret Service, I might get two. I'm still excited for this. I have my eye on the bp, blushes and red lipsticks. I think I'll skip the eyeshadows. They don't look appealing to me in the swatches we've seen so far.
James Bond! What? Where? Ok edited to add, I went back in the thread and now I see, OPI has a James Bond collection. That's awesome. Off to sleuth that out! Adding again; Sleuthing done. That's a HOT collection, and OPI actually got rights to use the names of the movies. That's pretty remarkable even thought there are names missing, No. Dr. No, Octopussy, Goldfinger, Diamonds are Forever, Thunderball... And a few others I can't remember right off. The Living Daylights looks so pretty. Sorry for thread jumping.... MAC or NARS could actually come out with a James Bond collection too one day. Hmmm I wonder if anyone at those companies ever thought to do something like that.

Copperhead

Sorry for thread jumping.... MAC or NARS could actually come out with a James Bond collection too one day. Hmmm I wonder if anyone at those companies ever thought to do something like that.
Ya'll made me go look up that collection. I have my eyes on The World Is Not Enough.

Mizani

Pure bright red with cool undertones she says. Hmmm... Maybe the other 2...

Thank you again Naynadine!

I hope so. When it comes to reds, I only look good in cool tone reds. Interestingly enough, only in red lipstick. Purple and Brown lipsticks (and even eyeshadows) need to be more warm, red-based or I look dead.

Thanks again to Naynadine. You are the business!

What I really want to compare Charmed, I'm Sure to is Such Flare that came out with last year's Glitter & Ice Collection. I am slightly disappointed that Charmed isn't a bit darker since it is specifically described as a DARK true red whereas Such Flare was described simply as a true red.

Icecaramellatte

I got an email invite too. But I'm not sure if I want to go or not. I was on the fence about buying from this collection. But I'm sure it will be nice.

princess sarah

Thanks for the link! hmm Im not so sure about that either now.... I am looking for a real true blue red and I think that is a little dark for me with the undertones for what I am looking for. I feel like I could make that colour with my current stash

Mac-Guy

When are these events? I didn't get any invites
ssad.gif
The date is different for every store. I'd ask at your local store. Usually (paper) invites go out first to customers who buy in store rather than online.

Mac-Guy

I got an email invite as well, and am so amused at the line that says"enjoy cocktails and canapés". Don't know why, but that just took the lid off my giggle box this afternoon.

i think i need a nap.

not sure if I'll go to the event or not. i loathe ATL traffic on weekdays.
I never could enjoy the food at the events. Food and make up do not really mingle well together IMO. Gross!

But the cocktails are usually not bad. ROFL

princess sarah

The more I dwell on this collection, the more i get confused about what I want aside from the lashes and lip liners that I have choosen (even tho I know they are perm)

Does anyone know if Love Goddess is close to Party Parrot or Moxie?

mousygiggles

The more I dwell on this collection, the more i get confused about what I want aside from the lashes and lip liners that I have choosen (even tho I know they are perm)

Does anyone know if Love Goddess is close to Party Parrot or Moxie?
I do not think they will be similar. I am picturing it being closer to Fire Sign but I might be way wrong on that.

pemily

The more I dwell on this collection, the more i get confused about what I want aside from the lashes and lip liners that I have choosen (even tho I know they are perm) Does anyone know if Love Goddess is close to Party Parrot or Moxie?
Off topic but are you going to imats hun?

Genn

I have braces right now so I would NEVER eat bread or anything at an event but drinking, That is another story
drinks.gif

LadyMisfit

I don't know why but I just don't feel interested in this collection anymore. I'm passing on everything exept for Love Goddess. The reds aren't that "WOW" for me to spend the extra cash on. Plus I have my son's party the following week of the release so my main focus is on that.