MAC for Marilyn

LMD84

is it wrong that i'm still not that interested in this collection? although after just seeing the holiday collection i am pleased because i need to save my money for that!

OctoberViolet

I can't wait to hear back from you Richelle. Depending on what you see, swatch and buy that will help me make up my mind.
is it wrong that i'm still not that interested in this collection? although after just seeing the holiday collection i am pleased because i need to save my money for that!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I can't wait to hear back from you Richelle. Depending on what you see, swatch and buy that will help me make up my mind.

Not at all. I'm psyched about it only because it's Marilyn. I went from wanting everything to just wanting three lippies. I'm still debating on an e/s or two. It depends on swatches & reviews (see above). That Glamour Daze collection has got me at hello. It had me at hello.
love.gif
Me too. I feel a little bad for feeling this way, but my interest in the Mayriln collection has died down a lot. My list still stands though, the BP and The Perfect Cheek. But the holiday collection is pretty much the only thing on my mind right now.
blush-anim-cl.gif

OctoberViolet

I so agree with you Naynadine!!! I wonder if Mac would of held off with the holiday collection stuff more people would be interested in the Marilyn collection? I am DYING to find out the colour story for Glamour Daze already. I have had no luck with google. I need to know the shades and finishes, especially of those delicious looking lipsticks!!!!
graucho.gif

Me too. I feel a little bad for feeling this way, but my interest in the Mayriln collection has died down a lot. My list still stands though, the BP and The Perfect Cheek. But the holiday collection is pretty much the only thing on my mind right now.
blush-anim-cl.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I so agree with you Naynadine!!! I wonder if Mac would of held off with the holiday collection stuff more people would be interested in the Marilyn collection? I am DYING to find out the colour story for Glamour Daze already. I have had no luck with google. I need to know the shades and finishes, especially of those delicious looking lipsticks!!!!
graucho.gif
I keep checking Twitter for it, but nothing there either. The wait is killing me.

Bliur

I think I'll stick to my one and only wishlist, it hasn't really changed (waiting for swatches anyway):

BP
The two blushes (they're quite pale for me atm but I think they'll be amazing in winter)
Love Goddess lipstick (SO glad they introduced a Satin, I don't specially like MAC's Matte finish)

Oh and I wish here in my country there was a Pro release, but I reserved all my stuff already without problems
cheerleader.gif

StarrySim

I agree, we need swatches! The high prices are turning me off, and I agree with whoever mentioned that the quality better match the price tag. I'm expecting couture-quality lipsticks! I think I'm picking up one lipstick (probably Love Goddess, maybe Deeply Adored if I want to venture out of my comfort zone), and the beauty powder.

I got an invite to an event, but it's at a location at my old workplace, so it's too far. It's Sept 25 at the Eaton Centre in Toronto, for anyone who wants to know, Do you guys think I will be able to change it to another location?

mousygiggles

I hope the quality matches up but to me Office Hours and the pressed Pigments are the only flops lately. Everything else, even the duos have been wonderful.

Genn

I hope the quality matches up but to me Office Hours and the pressed Pigments are the only flops lately. Everything else, even the duos have been wonderful.
I have to ask.....were you around for Beth Ditto. I think that has been the biggest flop so far

mousygiggles

I have to ask.....were you around for Beth Ditto. I think that has been the biggest flop so far
I disagree. I like the powder, love the PLW lippies and I was glad to see Embrace Me again. The shadow pen things too were not as bad as the OH shadows.

peachsuns

My list:
• Love Goddess l/s (I'm secretly hoping this one will be similar to Moxie so I can skip it.
tong.gif
)
• Scarlet Ibis l/s

Hope we'll see more swatches soon! My list looks lonely.
lol.gif
Sad for Marilyn but happy for my wallet? Hmmm.

singer82

My list: • Love Goddess l/s (I'm secretly hoping this one will be similar to Moxie so I can skip it. :p ) • Scarlet Ibis l/s Hope we'll see more swatches soon! My list looks lonely.  :lol:   Sad for Marilyn but happy for my wallet? Hmmm.
Mines lonely too. I got 3 things on my list and not for sure about any of it. My wallet def rejoicing! Lol still not too sure on the bp. I love bp's but don't need another highlighter and this one seems more like one. I'm iffy on SI, I regretted not getting it before, but not sure I want another bright matte right now. Then still waiting on a Love Goddess swatch. Decisions..oh...decisions!

xasperadastra

Don't know if this has been posted but looks like possibly Love Goddess in the pic. I could be wrong but it looks pink, kinda looks like Moxie actually. That would be great for those who missed out on it.

http://www.bentleyblonde.com/2012/09/mac-marilyn-monroe-collection-2012.html

That might actually be Moxie as it's in the regular packaging. It's late I need to get to bed lol.
well, it may not be Love Goddess but I've seen a better promo picture of the lashes... are they limited edition? I like them!