MAC for McQueen Discussion

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyqt
which of the two lipsticks is the model in the promo pic wearing? im guessing its masque.. does anyone know?

yes, she is wearing masque.

Randy Rose

Now that they're up on the site . . .

the website says the shadows are VP. Some others have said that they are actually satins . . . anybody know for sure?

BunnyBunnyBunny

I saw in my manager's update book that Pagan's working name was Bitter. Is Pagan a rerelease of Bitter, or are they just similar?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
I saw in my manager's update book that Pagan's working name was Bitter. Is Pagan a rerelease of Bitter, or are they just similar?

they are similar. bitter is visually more yellow. i swatched both in my book, not on my hand.
smiles.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
they are similar. bitter is visually more yellow. i swatched both in my book, not on my hand.
smiles.gif

Thank you! I'm sort of a collector of Acidy Green shadows. I have Bitter, and Eyepopping, and I'm excited for Pagan too! I'm placing my order today through the warehouse. =)

greentwig

I didnt end up getting any of the e/s's or paint pots from this collection. When I tested them I didnt like any of them at all.
ssad.gif
the texture/color was dissapointing to me. I found better colors in the normal line...
I ended up getting New Vegas and that was all.

greentwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
is the New Vegas mineralize skinfinish good for someone with NC30-35 skintone?

If you like a golden shimmer to your cheeks then yes.

Krasevayadancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianadisaster
What about Nile versus Bang On Blue, how similar are they?

I have a picture of the 2 in the pot side by side in the swatch section
smiles.gif

jilliandanica

A lot of people seem to be pretty disappointed with this collection. Are any of the shadows or lip stuff worth buying now? Reviews of this collection are making me feel like it'll be worth buying at a CCO later down the line.

.misoshiru

I'm trying to decide to get either paintpots or e/s. As I'm a college student on a tight budget. Which ones would you recommend? And what do you all think about the lip glosses?

syrene78

I love this collection!
We need some bright colors every once in a while and the paints pots are all gorgeous and so vivid!
smiles.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Oooh Overgrown! I wish I had that one!!

I placed my order this morning. All 3 shadows, 3 paint pots, and New Vegas, plus other things I NEEDED... xD

bartp

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
is the New Vegas mineralize skinfinish good for someone with NC30-35 skintone?

I have the same NC30 skintone and I bought New Vegas this week. Because it looks like a light color, I didn't think twice about buying it.

The color is ok for me... it's just that I think the gold would look better on a tanned skin. For me the gold sparkle is much more prominent and visible (less natural) than for example with Global Glow. Global Glow was perfect for me because it seems to blend better.

I like a hightlighter with an invisible sparkle in it. For me New Vegas gave me the same effect as if I would be using a Gold tinted pigment as a blusher or highlighter

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartp
I have the same NC30 skintone and I bought New Vegas this week. Because it looks like a light color, I didn't think twice about buying it.

The color is ok for me... it's just that I think the gold would look better on a tanned skin. For me the gold sparkle is much more prominent and visible (less natural) than for example with Global Glow. Global Glow was perfect for me because it seems to blend better.

I like a hightlighter with an invisible sparkle in it. For me New Vegas gave me the same effect as if I would be using a Gold tinted pigment as a blusher or highlighter

thanks so much. i'll just skip everything in this collection. does anyone know how often mineralize skinfinish comes out?

Ascella

I think I'll skip Pagan as well, since I already have Overgrown.

Anyone knows how close is Haunting compared to Clear Sky Blue pigment?