MAC for McQueen Discussion

komischkatze

Hmm, I'm underwhelmed by McQueen now that I've gone and swatched it. Pretty colors but not what I wanted. Even Jealous, which I was pretty excited about, wasn't my thing (I have an avon bonus sized eyeliner that's almost exactly the same color). I *did* end up getting Masque and White Magic - super cute lip combo.
smiles.gif

foxyqt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascella
Anyone knows how close is Haunting compared to Clear Sky Blue pigment?

i'd like to know too!! anyone?

syrene78

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyqt

Clear Sky Blue Pigment is a matte, so very different.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulchen
im nc15 and i got it today (alon with otherworldly, pagan and black karat
eyelove.gif
) and i love it.
cheerleader.gif

Thanks. I got it (Masque) today and I love it too!
cheerleader.gif
Also really like Jealous!!!

AudreyNicole

Went to check out the collection today and got a few things! I LOVE the lip products from this collection. I got both lipsticks, and the gold lipglass. I will probably go back for the pink one. Also picked up New Vegas, which has already become my very favorite MSF. It is just what I have been looking for! Then I got Haunting eyeshadow and the matching paint pot and Jealous kohl power. I think that the eyeshadow and paint pots colors can be a little intimidating, but the paint pots are very buildable. They can go on as a wash of color, or layered for a more intense look. Out of everything I got though, the lip stuff and New Vegas are my very favorites
smiles.gif

I got all the eyeshadows, paintpots, and lipsticks, as well and New Vegas and Jealous. I'm NW20, and I love everything! The lipsticks are awesome, and I think new vegas looks really good on my skin.

I would say that if you're trying to decide between paint pots and eyeshadows, go with the paint pots because the eyeshadows don't show up very bright by themselves, but together with the paintpots they are amaaaaazing!

komischkatze

You know, when I used White Magic earlier I had only tried it over Masque. Now I'm wearing JUST White Magic and I love it even more than I did before. I need to compare it to some of the perm lipglasses first but I may just end up buying an extra.
tong.gif
Good stuff. I don't have my camera today, but I'll take some pics tomorrow.

SELFstyled

As much as I was looking forward to this collection (love Alexander McQueen's style), I didn't get anything. :p Very disappointing.

resin

i hated everything but new vegas it looks amazin with it's gold shimmer on my nc30 face! <3

Ascella

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyqt

I went to the counter yesterday and compared with Clear Sky Blue. Haunting is slightly darker than Clear Sky Blue, and just as syrene78 said Clear Sky Blue is matte, so the texture is very different, even though Haunting is not so shimmery in my opinion either. I think the texture of Haunting is easier to work with, Clear Sky Blue can be tricky to apply evenly.

And Pagan is more yellowish than Overgrown, while Overgrown is more greenish, so they are not identical but I didn't find it necessary to have both.

lethaldesign

Went to check out this collection yesterday... I think this is the first time I pretty much stuck to my "wishlist." I usually end up buying more than I planned.

I got: Otherwordly p/p, Haunting e/s, New Vegas MSF, Masque l/s, Jealous k/p, Black Karat k/p... & I think I will go back for White Magic l/g.

Otherwordly is an awesome aqua-colored base. As Audrey Nicole said, its VERY buildable. I think it will work really well with Aquadisias e/s or Teal p/g... and it looks so incredibly vibrant with Haunting e/s! I almost bought Electrosky p/p as well but I thought it was pretty damn close to Blue Boy paint, which I hardly ever use so I passed. Pharoah & Pagan... I could just never see me wearing. I have Bitter & Eyepopping &I never use them. Pagan e/s is a softer shade of yellow/green than the aforementioned though. With the recent Bang on Blue e/s & Blue Storm e/s, I didn't find it necessary to buy Nile e/s either.

Masque l/s is a very pretty soft rose pink satin shade... it would probably work well with most skin tones. It looks kinda flat when worn alone, but any lipglass over it sparks it up for sure. Archetype was also really nice... a sheer light gold. But I couldn't see me wearing it much, so I passed.

I love the kohl powers! These are my new fave product. Jealous is a gorgeous darrrrk green, very different from Mystery. Black Karat looks more of a bronzey/shimmery brown to me than it does gold, but a very nice color nonetheless.

And last but not least, New Vegas MSF... I wasn't into MAC when it was first released. This is a gorgeous gold highlighter. I want to say a very INTENSE gold shimmer, definitely not something you want to use all over your cheeks like you can some other MSFs. I originally intended on buying 2, but I realized how little of product I will use in application so I only bought 1. (When I swiped it with my finger, it looked like a gold e/s, that's how pigmented it was!) This will be the perfect night-time highlighter.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Is it me or does this collection look like it would be completely unflattering for deeper skintones? Other than New Vegas, I just don't see any of this remotely working for me. Perhaps because it's pale, not necessarily bright. I'm still going to look at it, but I don't think I'll get anything.

smiles.gif
Leaves more money for later collections.

elegant-one

Purchased a 4th Masque l/s (daughter-in-law gets one) & a 2nd White Magic l/g today...LOVE them both! The White Magic is so GORGEOUS just on bare lips!!!

amourbliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Is it me or does this collection look like it would be completely unflattering for deeper skintones? Other than New Vegas, I just don't see any of this remotely working for me. Perhaps because it's pale, not necessarily bright. I'm still going to look at it, but I don't think I'll get anything.

smiles.gif

I actually think that since these colors are so bright that they'll look best on darker skin!! I personally plan on getting black karat, otherworldly, and nothingness/less whatever and the goldish lipstick. I've beeen thinking of new vegas but i'm afraid it may be too gold...i wish someone with darker skin would swatch it
graucho.gif

elegant-one

One of the reasons that I like/bought so many of the Masque lipstick, is that it is the perfect lip base as well ...imo. I have the MAC lip erase in pale, and before that i used fleshpot to cover my pigmented lips so that color would show. This is the perfect base...or just as a wonderful nude look.

komischkatze

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
One of the reasons that I like/bought so many of the Masque lipstick, is that it is the perfect lip base as well ...imo. I have the MAC lip erase in pale, and before that i used fleshpot to cover my pigmented lips so that color would show. This is the perfect base...or just as a wonderful nude look.

That's pretty much what I like about Masque as well. On its own, I don't care much for the finish and it blends too much with my skintone. But as a base? Fab. During Smoke Signals the MA was all about a Myth and Illicit combo for me and it just... wasn't QUITE right IMO. But I tried Illicit over Masque and I like it a lot. I don't thing I need multiples because I'm more inclined to wear a lipglass alone most of the time, but I'm definitely glad I have it. AND White Magic. I keep repeating myself but that one just makes me so happy.
cheerleader.gif

elegant-one

Yea, i totally agree with you! Myth & Fleshpot seemed to have too much orange/peach base to it for my liking, but i didn't know what else to use. Masque has that perfect natural pink base in it i think. I loved the White Magic a lot too
smiles.gif

elegant-one

If you use your finger on the lipstick, then pat it into your lips it gives a beautiful soft finish to your lips and color, not so chalky, cakey as some lipsticks do if you apply straight from the tube. I found this to work with the Masque ls.

Jacq-i

I got everything (except Pharaoh + Electro Sky) and I love it!! The shadows are beautiful, the lipsticks + lipglasses are cute! Otherworldly is gorgeous! New Vegas is a great highlighter!!

Copperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle

smiles.gif

I'm NC50 and today I picked up Masque lipstick, Otherworldly Paint Pot and Haunting e/s. Darker skins can certainly wear these. I'm just trying to figure out which color I'm going to use as an accent color in the crease. Any ideas ladies?

I just tried on the Masque l/s with Chestnut pencil and clear lipglass. Looks pretty.