MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

banana1234

pfft what boring friends if they cant handle a red lip shopping! you work your red lip whenever you want girl! lol!

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
i say just do it and act like you can pull it off, and then most people will think you do pull it off! if you wear it and feel uncomfortable that's when people start thinking it looks wrong? to a certain degree atleast, if you look awful however, no amount of attitude will pull it off! lol

Totally agree!! I think you can wear any color you like or want to, it's all a matter of attitude and confidence. I've seen girls with really hot red lips like if was nothing. So bring the glamour and the confidence!!!

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
i say just do it and act like you can pull it off, and then most people will think you do pull it off! if you wear it and feel uncomfortable that's when people start thinking it looks wrong? to a certain degree atleast, if you look awful however, no amount of attitude will pull it off! lol

Oh trust me I cannot pull off coral. I'm def confident when it comes to attitude (if not over confident, lol!) and pretty experimental with colours when it comes to my clothing and makeup. I have found out by trial and error that any amount ofcoral on my lips or any kind of yellow in my clothes is just a no no. I can wear the loudest out there reds and fuchsias and make it look good but even a light coral makes me look clownish
ssad.gif

kymym92

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel_geek
Currently on my list:

Shell Pearl BP
Frankly Fresh l/g
Ever Hip l/s <-- Don't own any coral l/s yet. Wondering if it'd suit my NC20 complexion
th_dunno.gif

Give Me Liberty of London e/s <-- still a maybe. Depends on the texture and payoff.
Birds & Berries e/s
Bough Grey e/s

Looks exactly like my list!! Yay!! This collection is so going to rock!!! Can't wait.

bgajon

I know I'm a sucker for pretty packaging so this is my list (I hope I stick to it)
Give Me Liberty of London e/s
Dame’s Desire e/s
Birds & Berries e/s
Bough Grey e/s
Blooming Lovely l/s
English Accents l/g
Dirty Plum blush
Blue India n/p
Small make-up bag
mac_atemywallet.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Come on! Bring some glamour to Nottingham
th_hug.gif

Quote:
pfft what boring friends if they cant handle a red lip shopping! you work your red lip whenever you want girl! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Totally agree!! I think you can wear any color you like or want to, it's all a matter of attitude and confidence. I've seen girls with really hot red lips like if was nothing. So bring the glamour and the confidence!!!

aaawww! thanks ladies!
grouphug2.gif
i won't listen to them next time!

LisaOrestea

I am pretty limited with what lipsticks I can pull off because of my hair colour.
Anything orangey just clashes like hell. Can't do corals, they look dreadful on me.

I can handle dark reds, but not like postbox red.

I generally stick to pink/purple/nude tones.

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Come on! Bring some glamour to Nottingham
th_hug.gif

It needs some! Next time I'll come with you & we can wear red lipstick together. Safety in numbers
winks.gif

purplerinne

I'm getting the nail polish cuz i'm a nail polish wh*re and ONE eyeshadow. That's all I can afford and I can't get suckered into the pretty packaging...without the birds of course LOL

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
It needs some! Next time I'll come with you & we can wear red lipstick together. Safety in numbers
winks.gif

hee hee! definately!
smiles.gif

kiss

I am NC15 and I love coral, although I do prefer it to have a bit of pink. I find that coral lips look very hot with coral cheeks and green eye-shadow look. The overall look is very fresh and summery.

caramel_geek

i am secretly hoping that Ever Hip won't be a true coral.
tong.gif
please let there be some pink in there. lol. I don't think my NC20 skin can handle a true coral lips (although i've never tried one)
i'm so attracted to it cause it's a cremesheen (fav mac l/s finish ever) and the pretty white packaging.

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
well i wear red on nights out but wouldn't wear it to work for example. i did wear it out shopping once but my friends told me it looked 'too much' for going around nottingham!

Wearing red lipstick symbolizes glamour and there is nothing wrong wearing a red lipstick. I would love to wear my Kanga Rouge lipstick for you Lou.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Wearing red lipstick symbolizes glamour and there is nothing wrong wearing a red lipstick. I would love to wear my Kanga Rouge lipstick for you Lou.

awwww!
th_hug.gif

miss_primer

This is the first collection that I have been interested in for a while. There is still not much I think I will be picking up. My list so far:

Birds & Berries e/s
Bough Grey e/s
Blue India n/l

I may get a blush or a beauty powder but then I think I would really just be getting those for the packaging. This is something i am trying to stop. i am trying to buy just what I need and whats unique.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_primer
This is the first collection that I have been interested in for a while. There is still not much I think I will be picking up. My list so far:

Birds & Berries e/s
Bough Grey e/s
Blue India n/l

I may get a blush or a beauty powder but then I think I would really just be getting those for the packaging. This is something i am trying to stop. i am trying to buy just what I need and whats unique.

i love your coach bag in your avatar! i have just got one from coach and love it so much! i got an audrey madison bag
smiles.gif

romi79_2008

I don`t know why but my interest for this collection disappeared. Now I only want an eyeshadow and that depending on the swatch and pay off

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by romi79_2008
I don`t know why but my interest for this collection disappeared. Now I only want an eyeshadow and that depending on the swatch and pay off

I totally understand. I just want the nail polish and i'm already looking for a dupe....