MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

omgitzstephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
This packaging is so chic my jaw hit the floor. I LOVE IT.

choochoo.gif

Btw, the packaging wasn't stickers was it?!

caramel_geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitzstephanie
choochoo.gif

i hope it's not. or else i'd be very
angry.gif

LMD84

Quote:
choochoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel_geek
angry.gif

i'm staying positive and hoping not. they can't pull a fafi on us again can they?!

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
If the "summer rose" beauty powder is the same as from Rose Romance, it really sucks. It has almost has no pigmentation. I was suckered into the pretty rose design, but it is a pain using 'cause it takes so many swipes.

I think the problem with payoff is because of the rose design. I find it extremely hard. Mine chipped and its much softer under the rose design. Still soo much harder than normal beauty powders. Those two were so awful! The dips in the rose pattern catches moisture and gets crusty too!

Once I go to update I will compare swatches of the beauty powder and see if it's new or a repromo!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
I think the problem with payoff is because of the rose design. I find it extremely hard. Mine chipped and its much softer under the rose design. Still soo much harder than normal beauty powders. Those two were so awful! The dips in the rose pattern catches moisture and gets crusty too!

Once I go to update I will compare swatches of the beauty powder and see if it's new or a repromo!

thanks sweetie! we'll appriciate it!

Hypathya

Quote:
choochoo.gif

Oh no!!! I really hope is not stickers!!
nope.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel_geek
angry.gif

Me too!! MAC you better not mess with me
girl_devil.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i'm staying positive and hoping not. they can't pull a fafi on us again can they?!

Oh yes!!! Let's stay positive!!! The packaging is so gorgeous, I'm definitely staying positive.
yes.gif

MzzRach

Dear MAC,

We are all looking forward this collection - the packaging is gorgeous and the colours are so lovely and springy.

So please don't pull a Fafi on your loyal customers and have this collection's packaging be stickers. Otherwise we may have to skip this gorgeousness. Now wouldn't that be a darn shame?

Thanks MAC. We're counting on you.

winkiss.gif

LMD84

^ lets face it - mac have annoyed many people over the pigments - they don't wanna be annoying even more customers because of stickers right?!
nope.gif

kiss

I think the lipsticks will be like the fafi ones but don't take my word for it. I just hope the other stuff won't be.

kiss

Quote:
^ lets face it - mac have annoyed many people over the pigments - they don't wanna be annoying even more customers because of stickers right?!
nope.gif

lol MAC surely does like annoying people lately.

shontay07108

I heard that the designs were made into the packaging, like painted on as opposed to stickers. I wasn't into Mac during Fafi, so I passed the whole thing (except I did buy one of the dolls, Lol). I would buy stuff from this collection no matter what.

I know the pigment thing is a sore spot to you guys and it kinda sucks that less pigment is the same price, but I really don't care. I would still buy a pigment that I really liked b/c either way, I know I will NEVER finish it. It's always way more than I could ever use. I haven't even used half of one of the holiday pigments.

Hypathya

Quote:
nope.gif

They better not!!!

caramel_geek

Currently on my list:

Shell Pearl BP
Frankly Fresh l/g
Ever Hip l/s <-- Don't own any coral l/s yet. Wondering if it'd suit my NC20 complexion
th_dunno.gif

Give Me Liberty of London e/s <-- still a maybe. Depends on the texture and payoff.
Birds & Berries e/s
Bough Grey e/s

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by romi79_2008
^ I`m nc 20 and i look horrible with coral lips , you should try at counter before buying

i'm a bit paler than you and i find that full on coral doesn't look that good on me but coral with a hint of pink does
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

I look like a total clown in coral lips. I've tried sooooo many coral lipsticks and lipglosses and they never work. I'm in between NW25 and NW30.

The only way I can make coral work is to wear Vegas Volt lipstick and soften it with a pale pink lipgloss. Even that I still don't like in on me in the winter, only for summer lips.

So based on personal experience, I stick with nude, blue pink, berry and red lipsticks

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I look like a total clown in coral lips. I've tried sooooo many coral lipsticks and lipglosses and they never work. I'm in between NW25 and NW30.

The only way I can make coral work is to wear Vegas Volt lipstick and soften it with a pale pink lipgloss. Even that I still don't like in on me in the winter, only for summer lips.

So based on personal experience, I stick with nude, blue pink, berry and red lipsticks

i stick with these colours too. i do have a couple of reds but am rarely brave enough to go out and wear them! silly me!

banana1234

i say just do it and act like you can pull it off, and then most people will think you do pull it off! if you wear it and feel uncomfortable that's when people start thinking it looks wrong? to a certain degree atleast, if you look awful however, no amount of attitude will pull it off! lol

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
i say just do it and act like you can pull it off, and then most people will think you do pull it off! if you wear it and feel uncomfortable that's when people start thinking it looks wrong? to a certain degree atleast, if you look awful however, no amount of attitude will pull it off! lol

well i wear red on nights out but wouldn't wear it to work for example. i did wear it out shopping once but my friends told me it looked 'too much' for going around nottingham!

Susanne

Quote:
well i wear red on nights out but wouldn't wear it to work for example. i did wear it out shopping once but my friends told me it looked 'too much' for going around nottingham!

Come on! Bring some glamour to Nottingham
th_hug.gif