MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

abbyquack

I think the reason the scarf is so much $$ is because it's a designer scarf, so the price is probably on par with the rest of Liberty of London's items. Plus it sounds like it's made of fine materials in Italy, so if you are a scarf collector, it would probably be worthwhile. The only problem: I don't think there are any scarf fanatics here, just makeup fanatics!
lol.gif

shontay07108

Lol! Actually, if I wasn't interested in any of the makeup, it would be easier to buy the scarf. However, my total for this collection is way too high to add the scarf,too.

kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Plus it sounds like it's made of fine materials in Italy, so if you are a scarf collector, it would probably be worthwhile.

I don't know, I doubt it's fine materials. Viscose is an inexpensive imitation fabric. I can't imagine the production costs being more than $10, if that even. If it was handmade in Italy, it would make sense more. The design isn't something I would wear but I could see how some would like it. What completely ruins it though is the "MAC" logo at the bottom of it which makes it look cheap to me. I love scarves but to each his own
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
I think the reason the scarf is so much $$ is because it's a designer scarf, so the price is probably on par with the rest of Liberty of London's items. Plus it sounds like it's made of fine materials in Italy, so if you are a scarf collector, it would probably be worthwhile. The only problem: I don't think there are any scarf fanatics here, just makeup fanatics!
lol.gif

true.gif
lol.gif

Lialani

I'm loving the birdie pattern! Will get at least one lippie and maybe one blush for the packaging. Oh why did they have to make that gorgeous coral l/s in cremesheen finish?
cry.gif
Cremesheens just do not agree with me, so extremely drying. Having high hopes for a lilac l/s (Blooming lovely) instead.
winks.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lialani
I'm loving the birdie pattern! Will get at least one lippie and maybe one blush for the packaging. Oh why did they have to make that gorgeous coral l/s in cremesheen finish?
cry.gif
Cremesheens just do not agree with me, so extremely drying. Having high hopes for a lilac l/s (Blooming lovely) instead.
winks.gif

i know the birdie is super cute!!
smiles.gif
sucks that cremesheens do not agree with you though
ssad.gif

purrtykitty

Can't say that I care for the packaging, but this collection releases on my birthday, so I will treat myself accordingly.
yes.gif

Babylard

^ as far as scarfs go, id rather splurge on a fluffy dead animal. LOL my bfs brother got his mommy an animal fur scarf and it was GORGEOUS! but i am really loving this collection. i love birds and flowers. but i had hoped the bird was goign to be more... pretty. i didnt like it at first, but tis really warming up to me. i need peachstock and a beauty powder!

GlamQueen21

This collection is making me want to use Dame's Desire e/s that I have in my Royal Tour Eyeshadow Trio! I haven't used it in a long time!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
This collection is making me want to use Dame's Desire e/s that I have in my Royal Tour Eyeshadow Trio! I haven't used it in a long time!

I agree, this trio is awesome! I use the three colors often together. Maybe I will get the single e/s in the special packaging as well, I think it is worth it!

GlamQueen21

Gorgeous!! I'm only getting Birds & Berries and Bough Grey eyeshadows. I might depot the special packaging eyeshadows since I haven't depotted the ones that I have lol

Sass

I love the packaging and that scarf. Must get a beauty powder so I can give my heatherette packaging a rest. I think I'm going to pick up more than a few things from this collection. It just looks lovely.
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sass
I love the packaging and that scarf. Must get a beauty powder so I can give my heatherette packaging a rest. I think I'm going to pick up more than a few things from this collection. It just looks lovely.
smiles.gif

tell me about it! my poor wallet!!

omgitzstephanie

I don' think I like the look of that pointy flower. I thought all the flowers on top of the eyeshadows were gonna be the round ones, like the ones on the scarf. I don't know how I feel about that ..
th_dunno.gif