MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

stv578

I caved, got Bough Grey and Birds and Berries! I just couldn't resist either anymore, and good thing I went today because it was the last Birds and Berries at that counter. I think I'll probably use it quite a bit, because I've always loved my darker teals, and this one in particular is a really nice smokey dark teal, but not quite as dark as Deep Blue Green Pigment. I do want to depot these, despite the nice packaging, because I really prefer everything to be in palettes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
It truly was the Perfect Cheek on me. I looked everywhere and reorganized all my stuff to no avail.
ssad.gif
Since it's no longer available, I'm going to cross my fingers that I can find it at the CCO I'm visiting in two weeks.

Edit: I'm such a nerd. I was going to comment on this and forgot! I forgot I had this till mention of it was made some pages back. It really is a great blush! It's good to shop the stash now and then.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I caved, got Bough Grey and Birds and Berries! I just couldn't resist either anymore, and good thing I went today because it was the last Birds and Berries at that counter. I think I'll probably use it quite a bit, because I've always loved my darker teals, and this one in particular is a really nice smokey dark teal, but not quite as dark as Deep Blue Green Pigment. I do want to depot these, despite the nice packaging, because I really prefer everything to be in palettes.

sigh.gif

allThingsGirl

For those of you that have the old Summer Rose BP and are debating on getting the new release one because you hate the texture of the old one -- try the 109 brush or something similar that is denser and stiffer. It makes a world of a difference!

coachkitten

InspiredBlue I really like your new avatar picture! You look lovely!
smiles.gif

I think that I am done with buying from this collection. As much as I feel the draw to purchase prim & proper and ever hip I just need to remind myself that I didn't really like the way they looked on me at the counter and that isn't going to change. Must stay strong!
lol.gif

LMD84

i am wavering on if i should cut dames desire from my list. it does look lovely... but i think perhaps i have other purples that are similar?

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i am wavering on if i should cut dames desire from my list. it does look lovely... but i think perhaps i have other purples that are similar?

It's very similar to Stars N Rockets. I'll probably take pictures of the two in a few minutes. I think it's one that isn't really a must have. Even though I got it...I'm a sucker for purples.

coachkitten

Susanne or another mod this thread got moved to MAC chat and is no longer listed in the MAC collections set of threads. Just wanted to let you know.
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
It's very similar to Stars N Rockets. I'll probably take pictures of the two in a few minutes. I think it's one that isn't really a must have. Even though I got it...I'm a sucker for purples.

that would be lovely if you could take a pic
smiles.gif

coachkitten

Quote:

iagree.gif
I think that bough grey and birds & berries are more must haves than Dame's desire.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Susanne or another mod this thread got moved to MAC chat and is no longer listed in the MAC collections set of threads. Just wanted to let you know.
smiles.gif

Thanks!! I will change it.

LMD84

Quote:
iagree.gif
I think that bough grey and birds & berries are more must haves than Dame's desire.

yes, i am starting to think the same thing also
smiles.gif
because i also have pink pearl pigment which is kinda like stars and rockets on steroids... so perhaps i really don't need dames desire. i used to be so good at making my lists and sticking to them! now i akm terrible!

Susanne

I really like Dame's Desire, but more for days when I want to wear a softer purple look.

If you have other purples you love, you could skip it I think.

obscuria

Here are the swatches of Dame's Desire with other similar-ish purples I have.

Dame's Desire is just slightly more purple than Stars N Rockets.

It kind of looks like if Stars N Rockets and Very Violet had a love child.

purples003.jpg

purples002.jpg

Susanne

Quote:

iagree.gif

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
smiles.gif

I think Suzanne suggested it?
th_confused_new.gif

I would rather have it back in the collection section, thanks! Its just easier to find.
yes.gif

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Here are the swatches of Dame's Desire with other similar-ish purples I have.

Dame's Desire is just slightly more purple than Stars N Rockets.

It kind of looks like if Stars N Rockets and Very Violet had a love child.

purples003.jpg

purples002.jpg

Lovely purples! I am a sucker for them too but they look absolutely nothing alike.
nope.gif
S&R looks more pink with blue and DD looks violet with more purple.

xoleaxo

Here are the comparison swatches between Fun & Games, Prim & Proper & Eversun.
smiles.gif

Clockwise from left: Prim & Proper, Eversun, Fun & Games
4436381820_ed5b3c7ac2.jpg

L-R: Fun & Games, Prim & Proper, Eversun
4436383838_ce8bc40298.jpg

Hope that helps!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleaxo
Here are the comparison swatches between Fun & Games, Prim & Proper & Eversun.
smiles.gif

L-R: Fun & Games, Prim & Proper, Eversun
4436383838_ce8bc40298.jpg

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the swatches, Prim & Proper is lovely!
smiles.gif

So looking forward to it
th_DANCE.gif

Latest posts