MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Can't wait for your FOTD with the matching shirt!
winkiss.gif

Yes, I will post it fore sure, in the first week of April then
yes.gif

only1angel

I kinda got Blooming Lovely to work!!! I just did a look for fun. .........at 3am (I know crazy
th_LMAO.gif
) but hubby agreed to completely fixing my vanity area as my bday gift (as I mentioned to most of before) and he's been taking notes!!!! I'm so excited I don't know how I'm going to sleep for the next 3 weeks
tong.gif
You want to know another reason why I can't wait????
I JUST ALMOST DROPPED MY PRIM & PROPER IN THE TOILET!!!!!!!
angry.gif
angry.gif
th_LMAO.gif
I grabbed that baby like my life depended on it hahahaha. Can't wait for my vanity!!!!
love.gif
I have so many ideas can't wait until it's done! I can't wait for you guys to see it
sigh.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
grouphug2.gif

Okay, enough about my vanity ramblings lol. So about my Blooming Lovely combo- I put In Synch, Blooming Lovely, then topped it off with Culture Clash.It's cute actually. But in the pics I just took, this combo looks almost similar to Fashion Mews with lipglass on me
th_dunno.gif
I'm still not sold on this lippie yet since I have fashion mews + backups. Guess I will keep trying.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzajuju
Ever Hip turned orange on me. I'm surprised you liked peachstock l/s though. I didn't even swatch it since it looked like something that wouldnt work on me. Can you put up a pic of it on you? Also, I love your new youtube site!!! You mentioned on it that you're a skincare junkie, (me too) can you do a video on that?

I agree, it looked like something that I didn't think would work either! It was an impulse buy really lol. But I actually like it- at least when I swatched it on my lips hahaha! Sure I'll put a pic up. I'm actually going to do 3-4 looks using products from this collection and post the pics. Out of those looks I'm going to choose which one to do a tutorial on my youtube page! Thanks for your comment about my youtube page, btw!
winkiss.gif
I've thought about doing a video based on skincare, but it's going to be pretty hard since I don't have a video camera to speak about the products (which I could go forever talking about
th_LMAO.gif
) My next tutorial will be a look using products from this collection. Someone requested I do my look that I posted here using the Stacked 1 pigments, so I will be doing that right after! I also get my first Urban Decay palette (Book of Shadows Vol.II) in the mail on Tuesday
th_DANCE.gif
, so I might post a vid using the shadows in the palette! But thanks for the request! I will definitely try and come up with something about skincare soon. Maybe post what I use and how I use them
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitzstephanie
Aw, I'm sad that you don't like Ever Hip! I agree with you that I don't like to make lippies work but if you pair it over In Synch, it looks really nice! Hopefully you'll like it
smiles.gif

And btw, I'm proud you didn't get Summer Rose BP!
th_LMAO.gif
Atleast one of us has some restraint ..

I REALLY wanted to like it!!!! Thanks for the idea! I use In Synch with Blooming Lovely and it made it a bit better, so I will definitely try it out with Ever Hip!!
Oh, and thanks
th_LMAO.gif
I swear though, I was so tempted to just look at it hahaha. And seeing how pigmented P&P is, I could imagine Summer Rose! But I.WILL.NOT.GET.SUMMER.ROSE!
tong.gif

sailordom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
Yeah, thats why I was saying it may vary on different skintones. For me they are total dupes.
yes.gif
I'm an NC44/ BE Tan

Amazing what a difference skintones make!

Birds & Berries and Jinx are much different on me (NC 25). Birds & Berries is darker and more, well grayish? It's much like Blue India polish. But Jinx is definitely lighter with a more blue/turquoise tint to it (and is a lot more shimmery). I swatched them (hence how I noticed how close B&B is to the polish haha), but wiped it off before thinking to take a pic.

On a different note, I'm really, really loving Blooming Lovely + English Accents. From swatches, I thought both would be just too blue-pink for my light olive self. I'm so glad my MA suggested it during my appointment Thursday!
drools.gif
So pretty and spring-y!

I'm really happy with my GMLOL goodies!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I swatched a few things -

Creme Anglaise is a rose/red/berry

English Accents is an Orchid Pink - which is a pinky lavender violet color. Its also somewhere in between Negligee lg & Frozen Dream lg

I love that it is more opaque! Its beautiful on.

Thanks, you had me at violet
winkiss.gif

xoleaxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical_smiles
Really I'm still on the fence with prim and proper...I have eversun and fun and games...do you have a comparison swatch that you could show me?

hey! i'll do a swatch of all three tomorrow in daylight.. i tried to do one just now but it's 9 pm & the lighting in my house sucks.

cougargirl

I'm not trying to make this worse for anyone - in terms of enabling - but Prim and Proper is really pretty. Just putting it on makes me feel special. Weird, I know. However, when you apply it and then top it with Shell Pearl, you are suddenly better than you were before. I know I sound like a crazy person, but I like it that much. I have even put down my Azalea Blossom and So Sweet, So Easy the past few days and just used Prim and Proper. And I normally don't do anything the same two days in a row except for my foundation. It's just that nice and natural looking.

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
Knight vs. Knight Divine?
Is there a difference?

Yes - Knight is more of a 'taupey' gray that has just a hint of olive on my NW20/25 skin. Knight Divine is a more blue-based (cool) gray. Almost like a dark steel on me.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougargirl
I'm not trying to make this worse for anyone - in terms of enabling - but Prim and Proper is really pretty. Just putting it on makes me feel special. Weird, I know. However, when you apply it and then top it with Shell Pearl, you are suddenly better than you were before. I know I sound like a crazy person, but I like it that much. I have even put down my Azalea Blossom and So Sweet, So Easy the past few days and just used Prim and Proper. And I normally don't do anything the same two days in a row except for my foundation. It's just that nice and natural looking.

the problem is, that i have so many cheek products already! so some end up getting ignored because i have so many
ssad.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
Prim & Proper-
drools.gif
Need I say more???
greengrin.gif
lol.gif
Gives your cheeks a nice natural flush of color. This is COMPLETELY different from Eversun & Fun n Games. Fun n Games gives you that super light/just barely there tone to your cheeks. I usually wear FnG when I have no makeup on just to give me a natural glow since it's super light. Eversun gives you that flush of color that makes you look like you just got out of the sun. Prim & Proper is pure love!!!!!
love.gif
It met all my expectations!!!! This blush is AMAZING with.......Shell Pearl!!!!!
Shell Pearl- I was so AGAINST getting this b/c I have so many MSFs that are hardly even touched, and why would I need another highlight shade??? But of course, you guys were going crazy about it and it's sold out everywhere so basically that's why I got it
th_LMAO.gif
When I tried this on alone, it actually has enough of a light peachy tint for me to wear alone as a natural looking, glowy blush. But with Prim & Proper it's gorgeous and seriously drool worthy
th_LMAO.gif
. I actually like Prim & Proper better with Shell Pearl! It really changes the tone a bit. Is it bad of me for wanting to keep Shell Pearl only to use it with Prim & Proper??? lol
Blue India- This color didn't wow me but I bought it anyway thinking I'd like it. I don't usually wear darker shades, with the exception of black, so this was something different for me. Hubby liked it though! But guess what? I wore it yesterday, and now looking at my nails as I'm typing this, and.....it's already started to chip
angry.gif
angry.gif
This is my first MAC polish and I am not happy about the chipping part!!!! I'm returning this!!!

I'm happy u're loving the Prim n Proper and Shell Pearl combo, that has become my HG cheek combo as of now. I just wear it every single day, lol! I'm sorry Blue India didn't work for you though. I've had mine on since Friday night and it has not chipped yet. I didn't even do a top coat (I'm lazy). Ppl have different body chemistries though so not the same nail polish would have the same staying power on everyone.

I have bad luck with China Glaze lasting on me. I love the colours but staying power and formula isn't so good for me

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
Okay you were very right!
yes.gif
I tossed my "give a-f*** what everybody else thinks" out the window and did the the dab and smoosh and topped my lips off with Lavender Wind l/g---for work! I had texture and black liner on my lid. Everything was very simple and sweet, I felt innocent and sexy! Thank you!

hahaha you're welcome! Welcome to the innocent yet sexy club!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
I JUST ALMOST DROPPED MY PRIM & PROPER IN THE TOILET!!!!!!!
angry.gif
angry.gif
th_LMAO.gif
I grabbed that baby like my life depended on it hahahaha. . So about my Blooming Lovely combo- I put In Synch, Blooming Lovely, then topped it off with Culture Clash.It's cute actually.

Tottally funny. I've learned the hard way not to bring things I love in the bathroom. I've dropped ipods and phones in there countless times!! SMH!
Culture Clash= LE or perm?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
hahaha you're welcome! Welcome to the innocent yet sexy club!!

Tottally funny. I've learned the hard way not to bring things I love in the bathroom. I've dropped ipods and phones in there countless times!! SMH!

i thought it was a re-promote - so LE me thinks

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
you guys are making me want prim and proper njhow! i must stay strong though....

It is on my list. I will try it on my cheeks before buying and if unfortunately it is muddy on me, then I will not buy it.

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i thought it was a re-promote - so LE me thinks

Yeah Culture Clash is repromoted from Electroflash in 2008.

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
It is on my list. I will try it on my cheeks before buying and if unfortunately it is muddy on me, then I will not buy it.

It's on my list too, but I'm almost hoping that it will look muddy, because there's so much I want from this collection.
winkiss.gif

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY

Culture Clash is LE I believe. Unfortunately I HAVE to bring my goodies in the bathroom b/c that's the only place with good lighting to for my makeup lol (but that will change in 3 weeks)
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*
@only1angel: so you didn't get any of the lipglasses?

No! I tried to stay strong
tong.gif
Surprisingly, the only thing that was sold out from my counter for this collection was frankly fresh- so I didn't even get to check that out! A Different Groove was way too dark and kind of reminded me of Amorous dgc (which I already have) but with more of a burgundy tone to it so that was a pass. The other 2 were absolutely gorgeous though. I wanted both
ssad.gif
, but I feel like I have an overload of glosses that barely get used. I'm not a huge lipglass fan and yet I keep buying them
th_confused_new.gif
lol. I've been trying to layer them over lippies lately, since I'm finding that I don't like lipglasses alone on my lips.. I love other glosses way better- lipgelees & dazzleglass cremes are my love
yes.gif
. But as cute as these colors were, I know I can find dupes in my collection! However, if they show up at a CCO, I think I would grab them in a heartbeat
cutey.gif
But English Accents was
drools.gif
. It was definitely my favorite of the glosses. Something tells me I might cave and get this
th_LMAO.gif

*JJ*

i have my eye on english accent too. i'm glad you like it, because that means i'll probably like it too
winkiss.gif

Latest posts