MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirlgirl
Me too! I actually really liked Summer Rose a lot...and a softer, easier to use version sounds great. I just went back to A Rose Romance and Summer Rose is described as "Soft violet pink with pearl"
There MAC goes with the VIOLET again!
drools.gif

I have such a thing for violet/violet pink these days
love.gif
yeah, I will get a new Summer Rose to see the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

ok audrey, from now on if i have/will buy a product, you should automatically go check it out.
i wasn't wrong about ripe peach.
nope.gif

i wasn't wrong about boy bait.
nope.gif

i wasn't wrong about the VAE.
nope.gif

i wasn't wrong about the style black MES and GPS.
nope.gif

i'm not wrong about CDN.
nope.gif

girlhaha.gif
thats why we stalk you...in a nice way of course
winkiss.gif

soveryfabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
^ I've wanted to try Creme d'Nude for ages... since it's perm I'm always end getting LE things instead of this. Now I feel like I must get it ASAP.

I know what you mean, there are always items from the perm line that I want that I have put off getting because I spend all my money on the LE collections!

soveryfabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxgirly
Yay! I got invited to the preview party for this collection. It's my first one! And I already had a bunch of stuff planned for this collection! Eeeeeeeeeeeeee! So excited!!!
yahoo.gif
th_DANCE.gif
yahoo.gif

Yay, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun. I went to my first preview party for the Spring Colour Forecast collection. It's pretty crowded but it's nice getting to see everything before it officially comes out!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Creme Cup is my one of my favorite and most used Mac lipstick!
winkiss.gif
It's wonderful!

it really is!
smiles.gif
such a pretty pale pink
smiles.gif

and i hope everybody who goes to a launch party has fun
smiles.gif
and remember to swatch loads for us guys who have no launch parties!
tong.gif

BeautyByLele

SO excited IM going to the unveiling party March 2 in Northern CALI !!!!!!!!!!!!! My first party was for the Spring Forecast Collection in San Francisco, and that was nice but VERY VERY crowded !!!!! At least now I know what to expect !!!!!!!! This time imma be prepared to spend some $$$$$$$$$$

MzzRach

*makes a note to check out Creme D'Nude*

Hard for me to justify, though, as I already have several nudes from several lines that already work well for me. Plus Boy Bait, which has to be the sexiest nude gloss EVER.

For the record, I love Hue and it's much more wearable on me than Myth, which gives me the "concealer lips" look. Not a good look for me. Myth is amazing on a lot of people, but not moi.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
^^ Oh, and on that note... what you are loving from this collection, so I know what I should buy?
lol.gif

i haven't seen peachstock, but that is a definate for me to check out!

-B&B and bough grey (as if those weren't an obvious buy!
lol.gif
)
-free to be (didn't get it from POP, but getting it in gratis so
th_DANCE.gif
)
-shell pearl (i'll have 4 then! it truely is a gorgeous soft glow on us pasty caspers)
-blue india np
drools.gif
(even tho i haven't seen it yet, the colour description is enough to make me buy it.)
-both blushes (dirty plum to have for freelance work on darker skintones and to use lightly on myself, and prim and proper. based on my book swatch, it looks to be a dirtier version of the perfect cheek, which is my HG blush at the moment. hopefully its not too dirty
th_confused_new.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I want and invite too
ssad.gif
maybe I should call my store :/

Am I the only one who like Myth better than CDN? I think Myth is more opaque...I like my lipsticks opaque

yes, myth is more opaque cuz its a satin. i love the cremesheens tho. CDN is my #1 lipstick, hang out is my #2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
girlhaha.gif
thats why we stalk you...in a nice way of course
winkiss.gif

hey, i like being stalked!
graucho.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
*makes a note to check out Creme D'Nude*

Hard for me to justify, though, as I already have several nudes from several lines that already work well for me. Plus Boy Bait, which has to be the sexiest nude gloss EVER.

For the record, I love Hue and it's much more wearable on me than Myth, which gives me the "concealer lips" look. Not a good look for me. Myth is amazing on a lot of people, but not moi.

CDN with BB on top...
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif
the best nude lip ever!!!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i haven't seen peachstock, but that is a definate for me to check out!

-B&B and bough grey (as if those weren't an obvious buy!
lol.gif
)
-free to be (didn't get it from POP, but getting it in gratis so
th_DANCE.gif
)
-shell pearl (i'll have 4 then! it truely is a gorgeous soft glow on us pasty caspers)
-blue india np
drools.gif
(even tho i haven't seen it yet, the colour description is enough to make me buy it.)
-both blushes (dirty plum to have for freelance work on darker skintones and to use lightly on myself, and prim and proper. based on my book swatch, it looks to be a dirtier version of the perfect cheek, which is my HG blush at the moment. hopefully its not too dirty
th_confused_new.gif

I think I am on the right track... before you posted your list, I had decided on mine... They are nearly identical!
greengrin.gif

Birds & Berries e/s
Bough Grey e/s
Blue India n/p
Prim & Proper Blush
Shell Pearl BP

I already have Dirty Plum & Summer Rose, and I will get Free to be in pan form at some point. The only other small possibility is GMLOL e/s, but only if the payoff is good. I am not sure about that one. I am SO excited for this collection!!

MzzRach

Quote:

I am SO excited for this collection!!

Me too!!
yahoo.gif

My list:

Birds & Berries e/s
Prim & Proper Blush
Shell Pearl BP
Summer Rose BP *maybe*

elegant-one

Quote:
Prim & Proper Blush

I missed this blush somehow??? Don't see it in the swatch thread. tell me about it

dxgirly

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackeneddove
I got invited to the preview party too and it's also my first one as well! I'm super excited, I swear I thought someone asked this a few pages back (yeah, I lurk the color threads but never post?
th_dunno.gif
) if people under 21 can go? I couldn't find the post though, hm. I imagine they can, just not take the drinks?
Anyhow, I can't wait.. my wallet is going to suffer!

Yeah I asked that in my thread that I made about it. I called and asked them, and they said they check id's at the door, but you can still get in if you're under 21, they'll just put an X on your hand so they know not to serve you.

But yes. I'm wicked excited!!

I'll probably end up buying more than I was meaning to when I didn't think I was going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soveryfabulous
Yay, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun. I went to my first preview party for the Spring Colour Forecast collection. It's pretty crowded but it's nice getting to see everything before it officially comes out!

Yay! I'm used to big crowds because I go to a lot of shows, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Still excited!

Question for anyone that's been to one though. When I called to RSVP, she told me she booked me for 8pm. Does that mean she booked me for a makeup application and I should go in with a bare face, or was she just giving me a time between 7pm and 9pm so they can spread out the thickness of the crowd??

blackeneddove

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxgirly
Yeah I asked that in my thread that I made about it. I called and asked them, and they said they check id's at the door, but you can still get in if you're under 21, they'll just put an X on your hand so they know not to serve you.

But yes. I'm wicked excited!!

I'll probably end up buying more than I was meaning to when I didn't think I was going.

Yay! I'm used to big crowds because I go to a lot of shows, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Still excited!

Question for anyone that's been to one though. When I called to RSVP, she told me she booked me for 8pm. Does that mean she booked me for a makeup application and I should go in with a bare face, or was she just giving me a time between 7pm and 9pm so they can spread out the thickness of the crowd??

Aha! It was just a different thread that it was posted in! Thanks for the info. And I hear you, I think every collection I end buying more than I intended on.. I planned on only getting Birds & Berries e/s and Bough Grey e/s but now I'm stoked so I think I'm also going to pick up Shell Pearl BP, A Different Groove l/g and Give me Liberty of London e/s.. hopefully I can convince myself to not get more than that!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
I missed this blush somehow??? Don't see it in the swatch thread. tell me about it

Well, I haven't seen it yet, but it is supposedly a neutral nude. I am really liking the nude one from All Races (the name escapes me right now), so I want to check this one out. Erine said it is similar to, though a little dirtier than, the Perfect Cheek blush which I don't have. If it's good, I'd like to get it, partly to have a blush from this collection with the special packaging. My MA said she would probably have the LOL stuff next week when I go pick up my Too Fabulous stuff. I can't wait to see it!
smiles.gif

omgitzstephanie

Quote:

Same! I didn't even know this blush existed. Does anyone know the finish of Prom & Proper blush? TIA.

elegant-one

Quote:
Well, I haven't seen it yet, but it is supposedly a neutral nude. I am really liking the nude one from All Races (the name escapes me right now), so I want to check this one out. Erine said it is similar to, though a little dirtier than, the Perfect Cheek blush which I don't have. If it's good, I'd like to get it, partly to have a blush from this collection with the special packaging. My MA said she would probably have the LOL stuff next week when I go pick up my Too Fabulous stuff. I can't wait to see it!
smiles.gif

Thanks dear! Well, I absolutely LOVE love the Perfect Cheek blush (so much I bought 2
smiles.gif
) PC is an everyday wearable no makeup makeup blush & great for contouring under the cheekbone. I'm not sure that I would want a "dirtier" version of this color. But then, one nevers knows for sure. I'll have to wait until you see it
smiles.gif

shadowaddict

yahoo.gif
I'm super excited about this collection. I really like the packaging. And my list looks pretty much like others here.

Birds & Berries e/s
Bough Grey e/s
Blue India n/p
Prim & Proper Blush
Shell Pearl BP
Ever Hip l/s

gachapin_luv

I am interested in Prim and Proper, but I hope it's not too brown. I don't know if I should skip it b/c I bought Azalea Blossom and Ripe Peach from SCF, and I will buy Rhapsody in Two and Two Virtues from Too Fabulous. So, I def. need to know if it's a must-have color or not.

"Prim and Proper" reminds of my mother(eek) - she was always saying that to me that I have to be prim & proper, I have to look presentable when I step out the house, etc
nonono.gif
nonono.gif
nonono.gif