MAC Heavenly creature discussion

liesierre

I've heard about the derma roller and been wondering about it,does it really flatten or does it fade them? What are lancers btw? I'm going to have to give it a try. I'll do anything to clear these out.
If you just want to target in on some small scars, you can use lancets (like for testing blood sugar/pricking your finger) and just sorta stab in the scar. It doesnt scab up or really look any different the next day when you do that...but my chicken pox scars (one on my cheek and one on the bridge of my nose between my eyes) are much less deep now and are slowly filling in.

basically what you're doing with a dermaroller is tricking your skin into thinking its wounded and that it needs to heal itself...afterwards you just sorta look and feel sunburned, but its not really noticeable the next morning besides feeling a bit more tender/warm. it definitely helps if you wear a hyaluronic acid sheet mask for a while immediately after you do it, it cuts down the redness almost completely on me in an hour and it feels nice and soothing.

overall though, it has definitely improved the texture of my skin and firmness...i didnt have much scarring besides my 2 chicken pox scars and a small wrinkle on my forehead, so for me its moreso for anti-aging upkeep...but i have a few friends who have been using it for the acne scarring with good results (one of those friends is "maneater" up there ^^)

liesierre

I wanna say Meteoric is less opaque...I hope at least! I adore Star Quality.
I was thinking that Meteoric was maybe more muted and a bit less... bright. I look kinda horrible in oranges, but i can sometimes do corals in moderation. I have Star Quality but I rarely wear it because it really is very pigmented and bright...but I think it also has more of a pink twinge to it that makes it more wearable for me.

I should probably just knock that one off my list. I need to cut something off... and I know I'll wear the pink-brown and the 2 pinkish ones....

I'm really going to try not to spend 80 bucks on lipgloss...

Audrey C

I wanna say Meteoric is less opaque...I hope at least! I adore Star Quality.
Me too! It's my favourite l/g of the year (Ravishing is close behind but I usually wear that over a lippie).
th_e2cloud9.gif

liba

I think I have a preliminary list thanks to the new promo pics and links! Thanks peeps!
Now.. I DID set a limit and I will not make a final list until I hear from Liba on dupes from other Mineralized Collections... SO this WILL be shortened / changed! (See how I asserted myself to myself there! HeeHee)

Cusp of Dawn l/s
Galaxy Rose csg
Meteoric csg

Center of the Universe MSF
Light Year MSF
Star Wonder MSF

Supernova MB
Ring of Saturn MB

Neo Nebula MES

* ALL of the other MES's looked like they would swatch almost the same as past MES's... Hoping for a confirmation on this from Liba! Also, I'll pass on ANY of the products that are too glittery!
'Just saw my MA today - the collection hasn't come in yet, but he'll call me as soon as they've got it. 'Not sure when that'll be, but hopefully very soon!

Audrey C

I think I have a preliminary list thanks to the new promo pics and links! Thanks peeps!
Now.. I DID set a limit and I will not make a final list until I hear from Liba on dupes from other Mineralized Collections... SO this WILL be shortened / changed! (See how I asserted myself to myself there! HeeHee)

Cusp of Dawn l/s
Galaxy Rose csg
Meteoric csg

Center of the Universe MSF
Light Year MSF
Star Wonder MSF

Supernova MB
Ring of Saturn MB

Neo Nebula MES

* ALL of the other MES's looked like they would swatch almost the same as past MES's... Hoping for a confirmation on this from Liba! Also, I'll pass on ANY of the products that are too glittery!
You tell yourself, girl! (And let us know how that goes). ;)

duckrodeo

Light Year looks gorgeous!!! That's my only definite right now - I wonder how it compares to Solar Ray Still up in the air with: Solar Ray blush Supernova blush Center of the Universe msf Star Wonder msf (I'm wondering - haha pun aside - how it compares to Crew) Venus l/s And I'm curious to see how Fire Sign compares to Rose Maiden. I know RM is a frost but I love the color and I've been babying my only one of it, fearing the day it runs out! This could be a really cheap or moderately expensive haul for me lol. Depends on the swatches!

MaCchick43

I am new to MES. I just bought my first today Water and Ice. I want to buy all 9 from this collection! Would that be a good idea????????? I want an assortment of colors.... What is the best way to apply them???

Prettypackages

if I were to make a list, I'd stay away from everything that had any glitter or sparkle. I like sheen not glitter. definitely still getting the lippies.

duckrodeo

iagree.gif
completely about Light year! Its gorgous!! Light year and venus were my only two definites until i saw promo pics.
Ohhh I'm so excited for a peach MSF. Bout dang time! I love the description of Venus, but it all depends on how it swatches. The yellow-pink part of the description reminds me of VG Nicki, so just depends on how it compares. I am loving the name of it, though, so chances are I will snag it come launch day.

Yazmin

if I were to make a list, I'd stay away from everything that had any glitter or sparkle. I like sheen not glitter. definitely still getting the lippies.
I'm with you. I can't do glitter, and I'm kind of hoping there will be several items in this collection that will have it so it makes my decision much easier -- and leaves my wallet much fatter.

Mac-Guy

I need swatches, I want to much of this coll and I can`t afford it all, so far I want 3 msfs, 2 ls 1 mb and quite a few mes
I'm glad I'm skipping the MES (at least, that's my intention). I don't really need anymore MES, although they look gorgeous.

gracie90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy I'm glad I'm skipping the MES (at least, that's my intention). I don't really need anymore MES, although they look gorgeous.

I don't need any of the MES but it is so tempting to just say to hell with it and buy them all...

Edelmc

My prelim list is Mes Bright moon Invincible Neo nubula Universal appeal Fire sign lipstick-b2m Msf star wonder I love creamsheen glosses but will decide on the day which ones to get cause I have a lovely collection at home and don't want to buy possible dupes. The brush collector in me is sad there are no new brushes but my wallet is happy....the mes is usually my big haul each year but all the fabulous new brushes last year cost me a fortune! The list is subject to expand if I get hypnotised by the swirls!

gracie90

I cannot wait to go to the counter on launch day and swatch everything! They will most likely think I'm crazy from the amount I'm buying though - I got more than a few comments when I picked up 2 MSFs, 2 MBs, 4 MES and the 286 from Naturally...

maneater

I cannot wait to go to the counter on launch day and swatch everything! They will most likely think I'm crazy from the amount I'm buying though - I got more than a few comments when I picked up 2 MSFs, 2 MBs, 4 MES and the 286 from Naturally...
This is why I enjoy shopping online lol