MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

hawaii02

Hi everyone!

This is my first collection in a long time..so for those who may have already played with the collection, are the Kelly Green and Handforged pencil dupes to UD's green pencil (can't remember the name) and El Dorado pencil? Is Swimming similar to the new shadow except texture?

MACerette

Hi everyone!

This is my first collection in a long time..so for those who may have already played with the collection, are the Kelly Green and Handforged pencil dupes to UD's green pencil (can't remember the name) and El Dorado pencil? Is Swimming similar to the new shadow except texture?
I cannot answer the UD questions, but Feeling fresh e/s and S are nothing alike. Really... Feeling Fresh is so much fresher and brighter.

Sugar & Spice

Temptalia puts the icing on the cake with me not getting crew. Its very matte like on the cheek which is a no-no for my skin type not to mention not knowing what the product will turn into.

Allure review of NoB confirms I chose the right bronzer since I'm too lazy to stop by Pro.

liba

Dang, I must seriously be transparent because both the Vera powders show up pretty bright on me! Crew swatched quite bright on my inner arm as well!
icon_eek.gif
I only applied it lightly. I bet you can get more color out of it if you use a ton of it, but I don't think you need to be pale to see the color in it, even without using a lot....just need the right skin tone and cheeks that aren't too pink to start out with (like mine).

Yay for black boxes!!! Mine just arrived. 19 hours from order to doorstep. That has to be some sort of record. I am in love with my stuff and so giddy right now!!

Pinkdollface

Oh my gosh - I don't like it on her at all. I know she's put it on heavily to show the colour, but in the first face shot she looks like she has a pink mask from under her eyes to just under her cheeks. Look at her forehead in comparison. This would definitely not suit me - I'm glad I passed on it.
I also don't like it on her cheeks, but i do like the swatches on her arm:) I love it as a blush on myself, because it goes with so many things.

Pinkdollface

The colour is lovely, although I'm not sure I like it on her skin tone. I think it might be a nice "warmer upper" for pale, cool complexions. Also, it does look more matte/ powdery compared to the rest of her skin, which is more golden and glow-y. I like it, but I wonder if I don't already have something that would be just as good- or could find something permanent somewhere else that would give the same effect.

+1 on what Audrey said. I've actually had online orders arrive at my door and the next time I looked at my computer, I've seen the Fed Ex confirmation followed by Mac's shipping confirmation. Fed Ex tends to work so fast that most other companies can't keep up, so their receive, ship and deliver by the time their customers have the chance to update information that the goods have been shipped. Seriously, shipping for Mac to Montreal is like lightning and I've never had an issue.
For me that's not a problem since the natural oils in my skin give me a sheen in about an hour after i apply foundation. I keep most of my face matte because of that and only apply highlight on my cheekbones.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
IMO Crew is similar to Well Dressed. Which has more of a sheen, although Crew isn't as flat/matte as it looks on T. I'm NW10-15 and like it one me, but honestly I doubt it's a good product for darker skintones.

Audrey C

I also don't like it on her cheeks, but i do like the swatches on her arm:) I love it as a blush on myself, because it goes with so many things.
I like it very much - if I didn't have strong yellow undertones I'd have ordered it. I don't think it flatters her, but I could see it being gorgeous on many.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
http://www.temptalia.com/mac-fleet-fast-blush-review-photos-swatches#more-34311 Fleet Fast
Is it just me or is she wearing foundation/concealer on her upper cheeks and under eye area that is either too heavy or the shade is a little too light? I think that's why Crew (and FF) don't look as flattering on her.

liba

IMO Crew is similar to Well Dressed. Which has more of a sheen, although Crew isn't as flat/matte as it looks on T. I'm NW10-15 and like it one me, but honestly I doubt it's a good product for darker skintones.
Crew will be a nice highlight for darker skintones - just as long as you can pull off a subtle pink highlight. It's not frosty at all unless you packed it on like sludge, so I don't think it'd look ashy on cooler complexions with a light touch. The main thing are the sparkles - it's pretty sparkly - so keep that in mind.

Knope2012

Is it just me or is she wearing foundation/concealer on her upper cheeks and under eye area that is either too heavy or the shade is a little too light? I think that's why Crew (and FF) don't look as flattering on her.
Looking closer, I think that's what it is. I find her pictures to be a little washed out compared to the way the products end up looking too, so that could also be part of it.

Sugar & Spice

Icing on the cake that Fleet Fast isn't for me the gold glitter is def a no-no, I do "sheen" not glitter.

I've liked the look of Launch Away on Karen and Temptalia but I don't like the formula so confirmed skip.

PeachTwist

So I tried Nautical Navy today. This applies SO much better on the eye with a brush than just a quick swatch. So pigmented and beautiful! I used Electric Eel on lid, Freshwater in crease, Nautical Navy to deepen and Goldmine on the inner corner. Loved it. Wish I'd had time to snap a photo. Anyone who has been hesitant to order it though due to swatches I can assure you it DOES apply beautifully to the eye.

aradhana

+1 on what Audrey said. I've actually had online orders arrive at my door and the next time I looked at my computer, I've seen the Fed Ex confirmation followed by Mac's shipping confirmation. Fed Ex tends to work so fast that most other companies can't keep up, so their receive, ship and deliver by the time their customers have the chance to update information that the goods have been shipped. Seriously, shipping for Mac to Montreal is like lightning and I've never had an issue. 
Seems I can only use single quotes on my bb but thank you my canadian sprectraites for assuaging my fears. It's true I also seem to get the shipping confirms after my shipment arrives, though it appears ttoday is the exception, as my shipping notice just arrived and says it'll be here tomorrow. Katred, are you planning to go to Pro to swatch, or waiting till it's in the 'normal' stores?

dominique050

I'm joining in on the fun!

Just placed an order for:
167SH brush
Blessedly Rich Lipglass
Shore Leave Lip Pencil (inspired by Allura Beauty's swatch video- it was SUCH a pretty color)

I've been eyeing Sundipped for awhile but since I purchased another pricey bronzer just the other day I decided to skip.