MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

pemily

your a hottie pixie!!!

you need to post pics more often! your application is fab!
clap.gif

duckrodeo

AWWWW! Thanks so much doll! This color is right up my alley! I KNEW I needed it INSTANTLY!
I think SLV is a little easier for me to wear than SI. I think of SLV as SI more casual sister. It's got a sheen instead of matte, which I think makes it more wearable for everyday. EVERY lippie I've seen on you looks gorgeous! I think you could pull it off beautifully! Let me know how you like it if you pick it up!
You're welcome! It's definitely a great lippie on you! It does look like a very bold but casually wearable color!

Awww thanks! There are still a few lipsticks that just look blahhh on me lol. A lot of nudes are whoaaa and Girl About Town is one I'm most sad about because the color is sooo prettyyy. I'll definitely try out SLV at my Nordy's this weekend and see if I can snag one on pre-order if it works for me! I had a MUA tell me once that I should stay away from oranges, but I've found that it really depends the shade. Fresh Honey blush didn't work out, but Modern Mandarin is perfect!

singer82

Damn damn dammmn. All I wanted was Red Racer and makeup bags but wont have money till next week and Red Racer is already sold out :( Imma sad panda

mac_aiken

My small online order should be here tomorrow. I just ordered on Wednesday so that is pretty good for a west coast delivery. I got LA blush and a back up of Au Rose Sun Tint. I also broke down and bought the Crew highlight powder. I am obsessed with highlighters right now.

I still have my main haul on hold at Nordstrom waiting on official release date. Yes, I could have these items already if I ordered online but the girls there are so wonderful to me that I don't mind waiting.

MACina

SLV looks GORGEOUS on you PixieDancer
heart.gif

Shellcat insisted I share my FOTD with SLV (Lasting Sensation Lipliner & BR l/g dabbed on the center tp & bottom lip)... SLV is my favorite thing from this collection! If you can grab it at your counter... DO IT!!
(I'm also wearing Barefoot on my lid, Jaunty in the crease, Handforged pencil top and bottom lashline, and FF blush)

For Reference, I'm NC30/35.

Lipstickdiva420

Wow - that was quick! The lippies are still available in Canada, but I think Fleet Fast is sold out. It was showing that way but now shows the 'Add to Bag' button; only it doesn't load to the cart. It's a holiday weekend for us; I wonder if that will make things sell out more or less quickly.
yes I'm shocked Lol I'm glad Irdered it when I did my stuff is suppose to come today yeah! Fleet fast is the bush or bronzer? If its holiday weekend for you guys it will probably go. I didn't think people liked this collection that much.

BEEaboutmakeup

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS ! SLV looks amazing on you Pixie! :-*
Shellcat insisted I share my FOTD with SLV (Lasting Sensation Lipliner & BR l/g dabbed on the center tp & bottom lip)... SLV is my favorite thing from this collection! If you can grab it at your counter... DO IT!!
(I'm also wearing Barefoot on my lid, Jaunty in the crease, Handforged pencil top and bottom lashline, and FF blush)

Audrey C

yes I'm shocked Lol I'm glad Irdered it when I did my stuff is suppose to come today yeah! Fleet fast is the bush or bronzer? If its holiday weekend for you guys it will probably go. I didn't think people liked this collection that much.
Fleet Fast (blush) is definitely gone online. I just checked, and everything else is still available. We'll see for how long!

My order is scheduled to arrive by noon!
yahoo.gif

Audrey C

Gorgeous! You're making me want Handforged and Barefoot!

MACerette

eyelove.gif

aradhana

Fleet Fast (blush) is definitely gone online. I just checked, and everything else is still available. We'll see for how long!

My order is scheduled to arrive by noon!
yahoo.gif
yay!!! i forgot, what'd you order? enjoy your goodies!
i passed by the counter last night, and though they didn't have stuff to swatch, my favourite mua mentioned the yellow bronzer (i'm assuming NoB) might be interesting for me...so i'm looking forward to trying it out next week!

Knope2012

I finally decided to skip Fast Fleet. I have 7 blushes that I bought in the past month, so I'm good for a while. Unless something changes, I'm also done with Hey Sailor. I did order a 109 and Shimmermoss off Nordies this morning, but that's because I didn't want to miss out on Shimmermoss and I needed a new brush. I'll post swatches when my hauls come in on Monday. Pixie Dancer, that is a gorgeous look! I can't wait to get my SLV!

Audrey C

looks beautiful pixie! thanks for sharing your fotd!
i'm looking forward to receiving my order today....SLV!!!
same here! i'm not sure why exactly i haven't been able to get the look just right or something, because in the theory the colour should be good....i just bought a new outfit yesterday (a little bit sailor inspired), which i think SI or SLV would look awesome with. it's a jersey dress with navy bottom and white top with nautical stripes, and a bright orange-red jacket in parachute fabric...it's supposed to be warm this weekend, so i might break it in on sunday!
yay!!! i forgot, what'd you order? enjoy your goodies!
i passed by the counter last night, and though they didn't have stuff to swatch, my favourite mua mentioned the yellow bronzer (i'm assuming NoB) might be interesting for me...so i'm looking forward to trying it out next week!
I ordered Sail La Vie, Nude on Board and Launch Away. I passed on Fleet Fast because of the glimmer and because I have other warm deeper blushes (Peachykeen, Modern Mandarin).

Do you know when your order will arrive?

aradhana

I ordered Sail La Vie, Nude on Board and Launch Away. I passed on Fleet Fast because of the glimmer and because I have other warm deeper blushes (Peachykeen, Modern Mandarin). Do you know when your order will arrive?
I actually got my delivery confirm en route to work, so it was at my desk when I arrived! That's interesting what you say about skipping FF since you have Peachykeen etc... I was considering getting Peachykeen, so maybe if I get FF I'll pass, or I'll compare them in store and maybe skip FF altogether and get Peachykeen later on. Enjoy SLV...I'm looking forward to opening my goodies and trying it out after work!!

Audrey C

Enjoy SLV...I'm looking forward to opening my goodies and trying it out after work!!
I'm not suggesting that they're dupes; I've never seen them swatched together. Peachykeen is a glowy corally pink on me though, so I decided that I could get a similar look even if the shade isn't the same. If I don't take that approach, I'll end up with 20 blushes in under a year.
nope.gif

OhSoJaded

My small online order should be here tomorrow. I just ordered on Wednesday so that is pretty good for a west coast delivery. I got LA blush and a back up of Au Rose Sun Tint. I also broke down and bought the Crew highlight powder. I am obsessed with highlighters right now.

I still have my main haul on hold at Nordstrom waiting on official release date. Yes, I could have these items already if I ordered online but the girls there are so wonderful to me that I don't mind waiting.
Same here. I was tempted to order stuff online, but I like to support the girls at my counters, esp b/c they've taken so much time to show me things this year (I've come back to MAC after a several year hiatus, and they've been so patient and sweet, dealing w/ all my questions).

Shellcat

Warning:

Pic below is STEAMY HOTTNESS!

Giiiiirl, you wear that lippie WELL!!! HOT HOT HOT....

Thanks for enabling me to get this lipstick(and many others). I will be cool with it if it makes me look half as hot as you do! (how many times can Shell say HOT in a post?) LMAO!!!

I queen you the ultimate enabler(sorry Mac-Guy, you have been dethroned... LOL)
queen.gif
<<<----Miss Pixie

Bwaahaahaa! But seriously... I hope you got SLV before it sold out sweetie! It's awesome!
And thank you for talking me out of TCAS... My wallet appreciates it!

Latest posts