MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

Mac-Guy

Oh noes. I thought I could skip the face products, but that Soft Sun looks gorgeous on you, Squalid. You look like Megan Fox, only hotter. Love the lippy, I may need BU of that. And I still want Barefoot and Jaunty e/s, maybe the green and navy ones...

pretty.gif

elegant-one

SQUALID -
eyelove.gif
You are SO GORGEOUS! That is the look I covet & is one of THE prettiest almost no-makeup makeup looks I've ever seen. I would love a tutorial or breakdown of what/how you did it.

I'm all over the lip products in this collection
love.gif
& definitely Soft Sand!

martiangurll

My list is growing, not shrinking, as swatches appear + any "on the fence" decisions, get favored to YES b/c the packaging is so cute =
th_WeAreDoomed.png

duckrodeo

My list is growing, not shrinking, as swatches appear + any "on the fence" decisions, get favored to YES b/c the packaging is so cute =
th_WeAreDoomed.png

Bah I know. I'm afraid to look at anymore swatches. All these Jaunty swatches are making me lust after it! I was just going to stick with Feeling Fresh for the eyeshadows. *gulp*

Icecaramellatte

I really like the looks of Jaunty but I'm a sucker for these neutral tones. I have quite a few. Just today I wore Sweet Satisfaction with Havana. A few weeks back I was wearing Warming Trend with Center Stage almost everyday. I will have to see if Jaunty if different enough to warrant a purchase.

shadowaddict

SQUALID -
eyelove.gif
You are SO GORGEOUS! That is the look I covet & is one of THE prettiest almost no-makeup makeup looks I've ever seen. I would love a tutorial or breakdown of what/how you did it.

I'm all over the lip products in this collection
love.gif
& definitely Soft Sand!

iagree.gif
I thought exactly the same thing when I saw the pics, Absolutely gorgeous. I had not even thought about that lip pencil till I saw the pic. I can only dream that it'll look half as good on my lips.

SQUALID

Thank you sweethearts, you're too kind!
heart.gif

By the way, I must emphasize the fact that I'm wearing another lippie (WnW Just Peachy) in the face pic. It's not the Shore Leave lip pencil! :)

2sPrincess

My list so far, but no doubt this will all change once we see the swatches
eyelove.gif

Sail la Vie Lipstick
To Catch a Sailor Lipstick
Shore Leave Pro Longware Lip Pencil
Barefoot e/s
Fleet Fast Blush

Pinkdollface

Is anybody going to a Hey Sailor event?
I've heard there will be an event in the netherlands. I will try to get on the list for that event, but there isn't any info on it yet. All i know is that there will be some sort of event sometime around the Hey, Sailor! release.

Mac-Guy

I'm probably skipping the event... the events are too busy for my taste, though I might be intrigued to see how a nautical event might be organized.

Pinkdollface

I'm probably skipping the event... the events are too busy for my taste, though I might be intrigued to see how a nautical event might be organized.
We only have had one real event ever as far as i know and it was with wonder woman. There was a competition and if you won you were allowed to go to the preview. I liked it because this way it wasn't too busy. I think it was different from the US events, because they had a time set were everybody could come it together and they started with a live demonstration on a model when everybody was inside. I don't think the US event have demonstrations like that or do they? After the demonstration you could check out the products and have your makeup done by one of the MUAs. They had cakes and drinks available during the whole event. It was really nice and i would love to go again.

Mac-Guy

We only have had one real event ever as far as i know and it was with wonder woman. There was a competition and if you won you were allowed to go to the preview. I liked it because this way it wasn't too busy. I think it was different from the US events, because they had a time set were everybody could come it together and they started with a live demonstration on a model when everybody was inside. I don't think the US event have demonstrations like that or do they? After the demonstration you could check out the products and have your makeup done by one of the MUAs. They had cakes and drinks available during the whole event. It was really nice and i would love to go again.

The VV event was set up like this.

ahoythere

I don't hear anyone talking about Handforged Powerpoint, but let me tell you gold diggers out there that this is one SPECTACULAR GOLD EYELINER!!!! It is a beautiful bronzey gold....When they DCd it a few years back and I hunted all over town for a replacement I could not find one from any other makeup line. Most other golds were too yellow, too olive, too orange, too light or not waterproof. This one is just perfect, looks amazing on a range of skintones and eye colors, and stays put far beyond most other liners. I have two still and I am sure I will back it up again!

I will post swatches when daylight rolls around again......