MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

Leven

Is it weird that the thing im most interested in from this collection is the single strap backpack that is coming out with this collection? o_O usually i dont look twice at those kind of accessories MAC puts out, but this one is really cute!

naturallyfab

here's my list! The one thing I NEED to have is the salute lipstick - I've been looking for a good peach for a while!

lipstick - salute!
pro longwear - shore leave
powder blush - launch away, fleet fast
gone sailing tote
gone sailing makeup bag set

SQUALID

Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Shore Leave
Bronzing Powder in Soft Sand

Swatches on my N10 skin

Soft Sand on my cheeks
IMG_0540.jpg

And I hate to break it to you, but the outer packaging is black. ;)

MACina

Thank you so,so much for sharing these lovely pics and swatches SQUALID!!!

I looooooove Shore Leave and must have it!

And Soft Sand looks pretty too...not too dark!Should be perfect for me!!!

The design is super lovely
heart.gif

Swatches on my N10 skin

Soft Sand on my cheeks
IMG_0540.jpg

pemily

Swatches on my N10 skin

Soft Sand on my cheeks
IMG_0540.jpg

You look gorgeous with the bronzer!! It's perfect on you!!!

jenntoz

no no no Heatherette, Baroque Boudoir & Stylistics had the best packaging!!! Well that's just my opinion, I loved them! These stripes give me a case of the dizzies lol
^Same here! I love special packaging for the summer collections! This by far Hey, Sailor! has the best special packaging ever next to Hello Kitty.

Pinkdollface

Thanks for sharing! I love the look of Shore Leave. I think it will be great for all my corally lippies.

Swatches on my N10 skin

Soft Sand on my cheeks
IMG_0540.jpg

romi79_2008

Better promo pictures, i think http://www.gizmodiva.com/beauty/welcome-the-warm-season-with-mac-hey-sailor-summer-2012-makeup-collection.php/attachment/heysailorbeautybecomegorgeous_thumb

MrsB

Thanks for the swatches Squalid :) I'm thinking: Lipstick SALUTE! - Neutral peach (amplified)   Eyeshadow  BAREFOOT - Tarnished gold (veluxe pearl) JAUNTY - Light yellow beige (frost) NAUTICAL - Navy   Pro Longwear Bronzing Powder  NUDE ON BOARD - Bronzy, yellow tone   High-Light Powder CREW - Soft peachy cream with fine shimmer   Powder Blush  LAUNCH AWAY! - True peach (satin) FLEET FAST - Pinky, golden coral (satin)      To the Beach Body Oil  SEASIDE - Dirty blushy pink with multidimensional sparkles MAN RAYS - Glowing tan with multidimensional golden shimmer    Gone Sailing Make up bag and Tote I may have to sell a kidney :shock:

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Better promo pictures, i think http://www.gizmodiva.com/beauty/welcome-the-warm-season-with-mac-hey-sailor-summer-2012-makeup-collection.php/attachment/heysailorbeautybecomegorgeous_thumb
I adore those shoes from the promo pic
eyelove.gif
. They should sell them with the collection.
girlhaha.gif

baghdad81

the lip pencil is similar to a mufe lip pencil I own but am still intrigued by it and the bronzer!!!

Knope2012

Cutting down my list thanks to the ED eyeshadows being awesome. These are the ones I think I still want:
Red Racer
Sail La Vie (maybe)
Cut Loose
Riviera Life
Shore Leave
Feeling Fresh
Nautical
Handforged
Emerald Sea

Genn

I had no interest in the bronzing powders ( I didn't think I could wear them, I'm NC 15) until I saw SQAULID's beautiful pictures. This is definitely an enabling site.

mauvesheep

Oh boy, I feel drawn to so many of the products, and SQUALID's photos only reinforce this desire!

So far I want:

Red Racer lipstick
Send Me Sailing lipglass
Throw Me a Line! lip pencil
Shore Leave lip pencil
Blue Stripe powerpoint eye pencil
Soft Sand bronzing powder
Crew High-light powder (HORRIBLY ADDICTED TO HIGHLIGHT POWDER, I missed Marine Life and My Paradise, I NEED THISSS)
Touch of Red nail lacquer
Abalone Suntint (my favorite beach lip product!)

So looking forward to May!

MACcrazy

First, I just wanted to say you look GORGEOUS!!! I love the look of that lip pencil it looks like it would be a dream to pair with Watch Me Simmer! The Bronzer looks really nice too! Ah I can already tell this collection is going to kill my wallet.

Swatches on my N10 skin

Soft Sand on my cheeks
IMG_0540.jpg

panther27

That's weird,because I have the pro long wear powder in nude on board,and the outer packaging is definitely navy blue.