MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
Found a swatch of Jaunty http://hannaogren.blogg.se/2012/april/mac-hey-sailor-eyeshadow-jaunty.html
It looks rather dupeable, so I'm probably gonna pass on it. More money saved
smiles.gif

Thanks. It may be dupe-able, but it's still a very pretty everyday sort of colour. The sort of thing you can't go wrong with.

Prettypackages

I'm not super excited about this collection. Which could be a good thing. I need to slow down on my purchases but I would like to see swatches of:

• all the eyeshadows - I will probably get Barefoot (love gold), I like the looks of Nautical (the navy blue) but I have bought quite a few blue eyeshadow lately. How many does one need?
  • To Catch a Salilor (frost tan) lipstick
  • All the new Bronzers especially the pro longwear - I already have refined golden
  • 167SH brush
are you asking specktra how many one needs???? I remember the days when I said, all I needed was 1 lipstick and gloss of each basic color. You know red, pink, gold, a purple. Sigh... the good ol days. LOL

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Ah, it seems that even though there's special packaging, the boxes themselves are the regular black. That's good because now I won't feel bad about throwing pretty boxes away. XD
I think the boxes will have a special design. Maybe this one is black because it's a sample?

Mac-Guy

The summer collections always have special packaging (outer packaging as well as the products themselves). I hope this will never change.

GlamQueen21

^Same here! I love special packaging for the summer collections! This by far Hey, Sailor! has the best special packaging ever next to Hello Kitty.

MACcrazy

everything here seems so pretty! I'm such a sucker for summer collections and I love me a good sailor :)