MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

Prettypackages

... especially as she got her info just from another blog (with a tiny acknowledgment at the end), not from MAC itself. If she wants to be negative, let her be negative.
For my part, I'm thrilled about Hey, Sailor! and I'm sure it will sell well like most summer collections. There are a few gems that will certainly sell out immediately.

I am excited too. I already know what I want. Don't even need swatches. LOL But I am not going to go crazy.

• Red Racer – Bright yellow red (satin) Ever since runaway red, I'm addicted to reds. This one looks like it will be pretty.
  • Salute! – Neutral peach (amplified).... this is a maybe, I might have a neutral peach.
  • Sail la Vie – Bright mid-tone orange (satin) this might be an orange I'll feel comfy wearing.
  • Skipping the frost and brown lipstick. Two big no-no's for me.

• Cut Loose – White gold with pearl Probably can skip. Just to safe money
  • Orange Tempera – Pale peach (Repromote) Do I have this? LOL
  • Riviera Life – Bright tangerine probably going to get
  • Blessedly Rich – Pale coral I love corals
  • Send Me Sailing – Bright yellow red I think I am going to love yellow red. Does any know what the red was in Wonder Wman

• Saunter – Pale beige nude Easy skip
  • Throw Me a Line! – Bright true red Getting
  • Shore Leave Light – vibrant coral Definitely getting.

• Crystal Avalanche – White with Reflects (veluxe Pearl) (Permanent) easy skip
  • Barefoot – Tarnished Gold (veluxe pearl) have to get
  • Jaunty – Light yellow brown (frost) I kinda want to get this. I am envisioning a frosty outre. LOL
  • Feeling Fresh – Bright green (frost) very easy skip. This type of green does not look good on me.
  • Nautical – Navy Blue (satin) very pretty.
Skipping the pigments, and eye pencils.

Well maybe the gold for the water line? Skipping the bronzers. I don't know how to use them yet. LOL Plus I am leery of MAC's face products.I tend to break out with them. But the highlight powder is pretty. This will be the first to sell out. I would put money on that.

• Launch Away! – True peach (Satin)
  • Fleet Fast – Pinky, gold coral (satin) can't wait to see how these compare to tres cheek.
Skipping the body oil
Skipping the nail polish
I may get the brush.

• Sea Mist – Peachy nude with pearl multi-dimensional
  • Rose Au – Poppy Coraly pink with gold pearl
  • Abalone – See through with no hot pink pearl
I will probably skip these, I didn't use the one from last year. I also eat through my lipsticks, these won't last at all on me.

I need to trim the list down, I want the tote and makeup bags. :/

Piarpreet

good use of logic :p I should do that
I am excited too. I already know what I want. Don't even need swatches. LOL But I am not going to go crazy.

• Red Racer – Bright yellow red (satin) Ever since runaway red, I'm addicted to reds. This one looks like it will be pretty.
  • Salute! – Neutral peach (amplified).... this is a maybe, I might have a neutral peaach.
  • Sail la Vie – Bright mid-tone orange (satin) this might be an orange I'll feel comfy wearing.
  • Skipping the frost and brown lipstick. Two big no-no

• Cut Loose – White gold with pearl Probably can skip. Just to safe money
  • Orange Tempera – Pale peach (Repromote) Do I have this? LOL
  • Riviera Life – Bright tangerine probably going to get
  • Blessedly Rich – Pale coral I love corals
  • Send Me Sailing – Bright yellow red I think I am going to love yellow red. Does any know what the red was in Wonder Wman

• Saunter – Pale beige nude Easy skip
  • Throw Me a Line! – Bright true red Getting
  • Shore Leave Light – vibrant coral Definitely getting.

• Crystal Avalanche – White with Reflects (veluxe Pearl) (Permanent) easy skip
  • Barefoot – Tarnished Gold (veluxe pearl) have to get
  • Jaunty – Light yellow brown (frost) I kinda want to get this. I am envisioning a frosty outre. LOL
  • Feeling Fresh – Bright green (frost) very easy skip. This type of green does not look good on me.
  • Nautical – Navy Blue (satin) very pretty.
Skipping the pigments, and eye pencils.

Well maybe the gold for the water line? Skipping the bronzers. I don't know how to use them yet. LOL Plus I leery of MAC's face products. But the highlight powder is pretty. This will be the first to sell out. I would put money on that.

• Launch Away! – True peach (Satin)
  • Fleet Fast – Pinky, gold coral (satin) can't wait to see how these compare to tres cheek.
Skipping the body oil
Skipping the nail polish
I may get the brush.

• Sea Mist – Peachy nude with pearl multi-dimensional
  • Rose Au – Poppy Coraly pink with gold pearl
  • Abalone – See through with no hot pink pearl
I will probably skip these, I don't use the one from last year. I also eat through my lipsticks, these won't last at all on me.

I need to trim the list down, I want the tote and makeup bags. :/
I am going to have to cut down the list.

lyseD

My SA said she saw the collection the other day and loved it. She described it as "very wearable;" which sounds right to me. I really need a new bronzer and she mentioned the pro-longwear are suppose to last eight plus hours. I am also in for all the eye liners and probably the navy, tarnished gold and light yellow brown shadows. Not to big a haul considering what I spent this morning.
th_rolleye0014.gif

ladyarwen

I'm so glad this collection doesn't come out until late May. That gives me time to find a job since the last one fell through and start saving up.

kisou

So when I picked up my Tres Chic preorder this afternoon, I talked to my SA and she said that she's checking out the collection next week for training--- and that they're getting an event at the location! I'll probably swing by in a couple weeks again to see if I can get an invite in! I can't wait to see some of these products!

NATlar

I've not decided what i want out of this collection yet, i do want a few things only because the packagen is gorgeous.

Richelle83

This is my list unless the swatches sway me differently.

Red Racer – Bright yellow red I'm thinking this is a more opaque version of Lady Bug/Cockney, at least I hope.
Sail la Vie – Bright mid-tone orange
Orange Tempera – Pale peach
Riviera Life – Bright tangerine
Blessedly Rich – Pale coral
Send Me Sailing – Bright yellow red

Prettypackages

LOL, it always starts out that way.. then Mac-Guy, Liba, swatches, and everyone else start to chime in on the collex. But I have to stick to a budget for this one.

pemily

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that literally orders, hasn't even recieved the last three collections and Is dying for updates and the next new thing to come out.... I think we're spoilt lol

ladyarwen

Do we think Sail La Vie is going to be similar to Hibiscus?

Just by going on the description of SLV, I don't think it'll be particularly close as it's an orange and Hibiscus is a coral. (Hibiscus does pull a little orange on me though, so I guess it depends on your skin tone.)

pemily

Quote: Originally Posted by Piarpreet

u pretend to be all innocent with that flower huh? u don't fool me. you make me buy more than what i initially think i "need"

Blame it on my swatching hand :)
You have a lot of ppl mesmerized with ure swatches on here lol. However! Thankyou I really appreciate your work!

Latest posts