MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

Piarpreet

ur swatches r realistic (no special camera or lighting or whatever) so i like them to be able to compare to bloggers.

Icecaramellatte

I'm not super excited about this collection. Which could be a good thing. I need to slow down on my purchases but I would like to see swatches of:

• all the eyeshadows - I will probably get Barefoot (love gold), I like the looks of Nautical (the navy blue) but I have bought quite a few blue eyeshadow lately. How many does one need?
  • To Catch a Salilor (frost tan) lipstick
  • All the new Bronzers especially the pro longwear - I already have refined golden
  • 167SH brush

MACcrazy

I'm so excited for this! I'm limiting my haul's until this collection because I so far love everything i'm seeing (except the suntints because I know that those aren't very pigmented but the packaging is cute so who knows?) and that tote WILL BE MINE! It seems perfect for my school bag next year (everyone knows how I'm in love with mac so it'd be perfect!)

Mac-Guy

If the tote is around 40bucks, I hope its not not made cheaply.

I'm sure it is more expensive. The TTB tote was already 50 bucks if I remember correctly. I don't think the quality of the bag will be outstanding, considering that it is "just" a summer collection and not a couture collection. The best quality bag in recent years was the Gareth Pugh bag (though it is hard to compare as this one was considerably smaller). The summer collection bags are "just" regular bags that you can take on vacation (beach, pool, etc.... you name it), but they are not Hermès Birkin Bag quality. :)

I'll still snatch up one or two as the bag look like a lot of fun - at least for one season.

PS: All the prices for HS on various US blogs are a bit off. Special collection e/s for $14.50? Yes, maybe this was the price in 2009/10, but we live in 2012, so I anticipate $15.50 - 16.50.

allThingsGirl

the blushes look so similar in the promo pix. i am looking forward to them though i don't think they will be the popular items in the collection -- especially after tres cheek. the lipsticks look nice too.

whitwhit86

spent more than i intended from extra dimension, reel sexy, & tres cheek; but I see quite a bit I'm interested in & I'm a such sucker for special packaging

The packaging is awesome. I might get one of each type just to round it up.

But really into:

Salute! l/s.
Red Racer l/s
To Catch a Sailor l/s sounds like a real cute name!

Saunter l/p
Blue Stripe bronzing powder (what is a dark navy bronzer?--interesting)

Turpentine

Found a swatch of Jaunty http://hannaogren.blogg.se/2012/april/mac-hey-sailor-eyeshadow-jaunty.html
It looks rather dupeable, so I'm probably gonna pass on it. More money saved
smiles.gif

silentstorm143

Its weird I just got off the phone with my local MAC they are having an event for it on the 24th but she said it comes out that following thursday so I would call and check on the dates either the date floating around are wrong or the artist I spoke to was. Either way I still am going to the event should be fun and I can see everything in person.

Mac-Guy

Its weird I just got off the phone with my local MAC they are having an event for it on the 24th but she said it comes out that following thursday so I would call and check on the dates either the date floating around are wrong or the artist I spoke to was. Either way I still am going to the event should be fun and I can see everything in person.

She was probably wrong :)

Latest posts