MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

MRV

Lipsticks - Looks like I will be getting once more some bright lippies. I would have welcomed lighter l/s, but if Salute! is anything like Peachstock, it's just awful. And a highly frosted tan does not sound good either.
Lipglasses - too many to choose from for two lippies!
PL Lip Pencils - I have never bought any of these. I only line, not fill, my lips, and I don't want to end up with bright rims once the lippie is gone.
Eyeshadows - Seems ok. I prefer frosts to VPs.
Powerpoint Pencils - Bummer. These are the same hard ones as last year. To the Beach ones were better.
Blushes are coming home, and the brush looks nice, too.
Bronzing Powders - What is the difference between regular and PL ones?

2browneyes

I kinda like the look of the tote. I wish I'd have bought the tote from 2 summers ago I think it was....Maybe I'll grab this one depending on the quality.

martiangurll

Those who had the 167SE from G&I, how do you like it?
I have one but have not used it--maybe this is a good reason to bust it out and try it. I prefer the SH actually, but I think the main gripe is they are machine made and tend to have more fall out on the bristles? I like the SH, but that's because I don't want too much torque on the thing, shorter is less clumsy for me...

Mac-Guy

I have one but have not used it--maybe this is a good reason to bust it out and try it. I prefer the SH actually, but I think the main gripe is they are machine made and tend to have more fall out on the bristles? I like the SH, but that's because I don't want too much torque on the thing, shorter is less clumsy for me...
I absolutely adore all my SH brushes. Best invention ever! If they were available, I would BU all my brushes with a SH version.

I envision an SH brush collection (of course, strictly limited edition), worth hundreds of thousands of dollars). How cute would a 205 or 184 or 192 be as SH.
love.gif

Hersheykisseslv

I am probably one of the only people not crazy about the packaging but I am interested in a few items though.

Sail La Vie bright mid-tone orange (l/s) I will definitely need to see swatches and swatch in stores on my lips.
Riviera Life (l/g) bright tangerine I am really hoping this works for me.
Gold Knot (n/p) brass gold I've never brought a MAC nail polish but I wanted to especially golds; like mercenary and originality. In the promo it looks like a yellow gold, which I don't go for.

I also like the brush but wouldn't but it. It looks like an upside down beautyblender lol. I like the look of the brush and from it's name, I am assuming it is for foundation. I don't think I could use it for that since its natural haired (which I own no brushes with hairs like that or any mac brushes for that matter) and white haired. Also I am a woman of color and so my foundation would DEF stain the brush hairs.

PrettyKitty

My wish list:

Jaunty eyeshadow
Nude on Board bronzing powder
Sun Dipped bronzing powder
Crew high-light powder
Launch Away! blush
Fleet Fast blush
Sea Mist suntint lip balm

QueenOfSnark

Now that I've thought on it more and looked through my stash for possible dupes, there's a distinct possibility I'll be walking away with only the coral lip pencil. I haven't bought Lasting Sensation yet so we'll see how those two compare.

Mac-Guy

I am probably one of the only people not crazy about the packaging but I am interested in a few items though.

Sail La Vie bright mid-tone orange (l/s) I will definitely need to see swatches and swatch in stores on my lips.
Riviera Life (l/g) bright tangerine I am really hoping this works for me.
Gold Knot (n/p) brass gold I've never brought a MAC nail polish but I wanted to especially golds; like mercenary and originality. In the promo it looks like a yellow gold, which I don't go for.

I also like the brush but wouldn't but it. It looks like an upside down beautyblender lol. I like the look of the brush and from it's name, I am assuming it is for foundation. I don't think I could use it for that since its natural haired (which I own no brushes with hairs like that or any mac brushes for that matter) and white haired. Also I am a woman of color and so my foundation would DEF stain the brush hairs.

It's for powder/bronzer application.

Hersheykisseslv

Oh, that makes more sense seeing how there are a lot face powders/bronzers in the collection. Either way I still do not need it.

Sophia84

I think I'll go only for the peachy shades from this collections: Orange Tempera l/g, Launch Away! blush, and Jaunty e/s. I'd go for the brush too, I love that type of brushes for bronzer but I don't like that is short handled and has white hair. What I noticed is that the prices have gone wild!!! I mean 20 euros for a lip pencil???? Come on!!!

2sPrincess

This collection sound fab, I love the summer collections, kinda thought port red would have been in this one tho! I thought that we would also be seeing Queen's Sin make a come back this year. Maybe there holding out for the MM Collection :eyelove:

lyseD

Does anyone know if department store counters get the tote and makeup bags??? Thanks.

My list pre-swatches:

Lipstick - SALUTE! - Neutral peach (amplified)

Lipglass - CUT LOOSE - White gold with pearl

Eyeshadow - JAUNTY - Light yellow beige (frost); NAUTICAL - Navy Blue (satin)

Powerpoint Eye Pencil - HANDFORGED - Metallic yellow gold (repromote)

Bronzing Powder - SOFT SAND - Golden bronze with fine gold pearl; REFINED GOLDEN - Finely spun golden with soft pearl finish (permanent)

Pro Longwear Bronzing Powder - NUDE ON BOARD - Bronzy, yellow tone

GONE SAILING TOTE

Won't be getting three bronzers, just the one that suits me best.

Sequinzombie

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]my pre swatch list is:
SALUTE! - Neutral peach (amplified)
[/FONT]

THROW ME A LINE! - Bright true red
SHORE LEAVE Light - vibrant coral maybe

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]BAREFOOT - Tarnished gold (veluxe pearl)[/FONT]

SOFT SAND - Golden bronze with fine gold pearl

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]or[/FONT]

NUDE ON BOARD - Bronzy, yellow toneFLEET FAST - Pinky, golden coral (satin)

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] I've been waiting to buy a bronzer and nude on board sounds lovely i'm glad I waited.[/FONT]

XxMoOmOoxX

I wonder if MAC will release the long handle version of the 167SH Face Blender brush in the near future.

Latest posts