MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

EmbalmerBabe

It is heaven.
th_e2cloud9.gif

Tee hee... cute
heart.gif

peachsuns

musings of a muse has all the information of the new hey sailor collection!
http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2012/03/mac-hey-sailor-collection-for-summer-2012.html#more-59463

Thanks for the link! I love the promo and large product images.
Since I got so many lipsticks this spring, I might skip the lipsticks from this collection. I might get the nude and coral lip pencils instead. I was surprised that the blushes look light and soft. They're very lovely! I cannot wait to see the swatches of the cheek products!
cheerleader.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Although no product in particular is getting me really fired up, I have to say that I love the packaging. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing, I guess. Of anything, the shadows seem to have the most promise. Mac's had some real winners in their last couple of Summer collections shadow-wise.

pemily

the model is HOT!!!!!

my prelim list:

red racer l/s
salute l/s
sail la vie l/s
riviera life l/g
send me sailing l/g
shore leave l/p
bare foot e/s
nautical e/s
soft sand b/p
sun dipped plb/p
fleet fast plbp
makeup bag set
tote

this list better get cut down LOL

does anyone know if in the past the makeup bags from mac have been lined?!

FStone

Here is my preliminary list!!!

Lipstick:
RED RACER - Bright yellow red (satin)
SALUTE! - Neutral peach (amplified)
SAIL LA VIE - Bright mid-tone orange (satin)

Lipglass:
RIVIERA LIFE - Bright tangerine
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]BLESSEDLY RICH - Pale coral[/FONT]​
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Highlight Powder: [/FONT]​
CREW - Soft peachy cream with fine shimmer

Blush:
LAUNCH AWAY! - True peach (satin)
FLEET FAST - Pinky, golden coral (satin)

Suntint:
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]AU ROSÉ - Poppy coraly pink with gold pearl[/FONT]

Babylard

can someone help me with bronzer? I have refined golden from many years ago (orange packaging) and it is so orange (in a bad way) and blah on my nc20 complexion. ;( I hope one of these will suit me, I just wanna apply some to my cheeks :3 warmed MSF does the same, that nasty orangeness..

rockin

OK, so I'm interested in:

Barefoot and Nautical eyeshadows

Launch Away! and Fleet Fast blushes

Blue Stripe eye pencil

I'm also interested in seeing swatches of Red Racer lipstick and Send Me Sailing lipglass, although I think I probably have too many reds already and can skip these.

One day I will get Naval Blue pigment, but not in a striped jar. Those stripes would irritate the heck out of me, and for the same reason I would probably finally pluck up the courage to depot the shadows and blushes.

rubytitania

I'm interested in:

Lipstick: Red Racer – Bright yellow red (satin) I have enough red lipsticks to last a lifetime but I find them hard to resist!
Eyeshadow: Barefoot – Tarnished Gold (veluxe pearl) - this looks stunning!
Lip Pencils: All of them, but the coral one in particular.
Blushes: both, but I don't think I need any more blush as I find myself reaching for the same 3 or 4 over and over.

I hope to make this a small haul.

aradhana

i'm curious about this 'makeup bag set'. what's gonna be in it? anything?
i think i'd like the little envelope purse thingie. or the tote. i always seem to miss those items.
i'm starting to wonder from looking at the pics if the blushes and highlight powder might end up being too light for my skintone...i can never tell until there are swatches...

i like how they did the makeup for the promo pics...i can't pull off full-on looks like that (i just end up looking really old), but i like that it looks like she's focused on eyes, lips and cheeks...which is strangely refreshing for a summer collection....

2browneyes

I think just the tote and makeup bag set for me. Everything else looks pretty much already done to me. I guess only time and swatches will tell though....still early.

Mac-Guy

i'm curious about this 'makeup bag set'. what's gonna be in it? anything?
i think i'd like the little envelope purse thingie. or the tote. i always seem to miss those items.
i'm starting to wonder from looking at the pics if the blushes and highlight powder might end up being too light for my skintone...i can never tell until there are swatches...

i like how they did the makeup for the promo pics...i can't pull off full-on looks like that (i just end up looking really old), but i like that it looks like she's focused on eyes, lips and cheeks...which is strangely refreshing for a summer collection....

I'm fairly certain it is just a MU bag. They usually release MU bags with summer collections.

Monsy

i have refined golden and it is my fav bronzer so far. i am also nc20 and gives me nice warm tan. i like to layer it with msf soft and gentle. i never had problem with it being orange. maybe depends on the brush u use to apply? i always use fan brush

can someone help me with bronzer? I have refined golden from many years ago (orange packaging) and it is so orange (in a bad way) and blah on my nc20 complexion. ;( I hope one of these will suit me, I just wanna apply some to my cheeks :3 warmed MSF does the same, that nasty orangeness..

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I think it is actually a set of two bags. I think they are the two in front of the tote in this picture.
Yes, here is the product pic of the set.

MAC-Hey-Sailor-Gone-Sailing-Makeup-Bag.jpg

And I just stumbled upon this Love Moschino makeup bag set which reminded me of the Hey, Sailor ones, and it's also super cute I think

45169251bi_12_f.jpg