MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

Ashleybubbles83

Team Meh.

i really want to like this collection but i don't see myself buying anything...if i did, it'd be strictly for the packaging.

HoneyMilk

Here is my pre-swatch list:

Lipstick 18,50€
RED RACER - Bright yellow red (satin)
TO CATCH A SAILOR - Highly frosted tan (frost)
SALUTE! - Neutral peach (amplified)
SAIL LA VIE - Bright mid-tone orange (satin)

Lipglass 16,50€
CUT LOOSE - White gold with pearl
BLESSEDLY RICH - Pale coral

Pro Longwear Lip Pencil 20€
THROW ME A LINE! - Bright true red

Eyeshadow 17€
CRYSTAL AVALANCHE - White with reflects (veluxe pearl) (permanent)
BAREFOOT - Tarnished gold (veluxe pearl) (maybe.....)
JAUNTY - Light yellow beige (frost)
FEELING FRESH - Bright green (frost)

Bronzing Powder 22€
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]SOFT SAND - Golden bronze with fine gold pearl[/FONT]

High-Light Powder 28€
CREW - Soft peachy cream with fine shimmer

Powder Blush 22€
LAUNCH AWAY! - True peach (satin)
FLEET FAST - Pinky, golden coral (satin)

Suntint SPF20 Liquid Lip Balm 18€
AU ROSÉ - Poppy coraly pink with gold pearl

Brush 167SH Face Blender 42€ (Maybe..............)

GONE SAILING MAKEUP BAG SET 28€

hoshiakari_

Calgon, take me away! I love this collection, the packaging is super cute. Then again, I do love stripes and nautical-themed things...

My preliminary list:
Red Racer l/s
Sail la Vie l/s
Riviera Life l/g
Send me Sailing l/g
Launch Away! blush

I'm such a sucker for red lippies and glosses even though I hardy wear the ones I have. XD
Oh, well... if anything, I'm getting them for the cute packaging.
sneaky.gif

m0rg3nst3rn

I don't know, I am not really feeling this one....They had the perfect chance to bring back Port Red, I missed out on that. Maybe I will get the brush and they green shadow...I don't know...

Hay Mich

How could they have not brought back "Hey Sailor" lipgloss? It has the exact same name as the collection! Wow, what a waste.

vlcm69

yay special packaging! definitely looking forward to seeing the blush swatches, lip liners, and pro longwear bronzers!!!

Babylard

Can someone explain to me the significance of the nautical/sailor theme? It seems very American and I am just curious why it is so popular.

Rinstar

Nautical themes go in and out of fashion periodically since the 60s or earlier. As for it being American, a navy and white striped tee is usually touted as a very "French" look, so I am not sure if the nautical trend is entirely American.

liba

can someone help me with bronzer? I have refined golden from many years ago (orange packaging) and it is so orange (in a bad way) and blah on my nc20 complexion. ;( I hope one of these will suit me, I just wanna apply some to my cheeks :3 warmed MSF does the same, that nasty orangeness..
As Mac-Guy was saying, something with a reddish tone will look flattering. I'm in the same boat as you and am looking forward to Sun Dipped. Last year's Lush Light Bronze Careblend bronzer was absolutely perfect!

MRV

As Mac-Guy was saying, something with a reddish tone will look flattering. I'm in the same boat as you and am looking forward to Sun Dipped. Last year's Lush Light Bronze Careblend bronzer was absolutely perfect!
I'm also NC20, but I was eyeing Naked On Board – Bronzy, yellow tone, because I have redness.
wondering.gif
I'm getting confused with these undertones and bloggers as reference things because the blogger that is closest to my skin tone (she might not have redness though) seems to sport pinks and other cool colours and does not like some warm ones that make me look good!?

liba

I'm also NC20, but I was eyeing Naked On Board – Bronzy, yellow tone, because I have redness.
wondering.gif
I'm getting confused with these undertones and bloggers as reference things because the blogger that is closest to my skin tone (she might not have redness though) seems to sport pinks and other cool colours and does not like some warm ones that make me look good!?
personally, i'd never buy face products without trying them on first, but i know i'm lucky to be near plenty of local store options.

I get some redness on my cheeks in the summer if i've gotten a lot of sun, but I also get some freckles and like the way a redder bronzer blends with them - makes me look healthy and very natural. It seems to me that bronzer works sort of oppositely from foundation, in the sense you get a better effect enhancing the color you already have, rather than trying to neutralize it. Your mileage may vary!!

liba

I'm interested in the body oil! Have you haver tried them?

The body oil from To The Beach was AWFUL. It was one of my worst products of 2010. It not only didn't give any color to the skin, it hardly showed any sparkle on the skin either, even though it looked sparkly in the bottle. You could have gotten a better effect just rubbing olive oil all over your legs.These are a massive skip.

Mac-Guy

The body oil from To The Beach was AWFUL. It was one of my worst products of 2010. It not only didn't give any color to the skin, it hardly showed any sparkle on the skin either, even though it looked sparkly in the bottle. You could have gotten a better effect just rubbing olive oil all over your legs.These are a massive skip.

I was actually glad that it was not too sparkly.

liba

I was actually glad that it was not too sparkly.
Hehe, if I'm gonna rub tinted sparkly oil all over my bikini-clad body in high summer, I want to glisten and glow like the center of the sun itself. No room for subtlety.
lolz.gif

Shadowy Lady

I like the theme of this collection but I don't like teh actual products (based on description) as much as Naughty Nautical that came out in 2008.

Here's my potential list:

- Salute l/s
- Riviera Life l/g
- Barefoot e/s