MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

MRV

personally, i'd never buy face products without trying them on first, but i know i'm lucky to be near plenty of local store options.
I get some redness on my cheeks in the summer if i've gotten a lot of sun, but I also get some freckles and like the way a redder bronzer blends with them - makes me look healthy and very natural. It seems to me that bronzer works sort of oppositely from foundation, in the sense you get a better effect enhancing the color you already have, rather than trying to neutralize it. Your mileage may vary!!
Unfortunately we don't get every collection (this collection yes, but not Tres Cheek for instance) or most of the popular brands. I have to experiment with the different toned products I have (yellow/reddish) and see. Often many products turn red on me and I'm afraid that a a reddish bronzer would look like a I'm blushed of have a rash. I'm not really looking to neutralize. I think my only real bronzer is Golden, and I hardly use it.

MsHannahSB

There is not a single item in this entire collection that is calling to me. I am either uninterested or already have something like it. Very "meh." The only thing I MIGHT get is the brush. First collection in 3 years that I'm probably skipping. Sad. The summer collections are usually my fav.

xasperadastra

mmm I'll wait for swatches but I wanted something with glitters and not color^^
Unfortunately we don't get every collection (this collection yes, but not Tres Cheek for instance) or most of the popular brands. I have to experiment with the different toned products I have (yellow/reddish) and see. Often many products turn red on me and I'm afraid that a a reddish bronzer would look like a I'm blushed of have a rash. I'm not really looking to neutralize. I think my only real bronzer is Golden, and I hardly use it.

EmbalmerBabe

Im hoping to only get 2-3 max shadows from Hey Sailor. I prefer the smaller eyeshadows over the big Mineralize versions or Extra Dimension.
Maybe a blush, the two blushes looks like the ones from Tres Cheek kinda. Maybe they will be so close we can pass if we picked up some from Tres Cheek/

EmbalmerBabe

Im hoping to only get 2-3 max shadows from Hey Sailor. I prefer the smaller eyeshadows over the big Mineralize versions or Extra Dimension.
Maybe a blush, the two blushes look like the ones from Tres Cheek kinda. Maybe they will be so close we can pass if we picked up some from Tres Cheek/

EmbalmerBabe

There is not a single item in this entire collection that is calling to me. I am either uninterested or already have something like it. Very "meh." The only thing I MIGHT get is the brush. First collection in 3 years that I'm probably skipping. Sad. The summer collections are usually my fav.

Me too! Love the summer collections! This one is a little boring to me, esp if you shopped Naughty Nauticals then you got your "Hey Sailor type" fill all ready. I still have all those pigments, lippies etc.

martiangurll

The body oil from To The Beach was AWFUL. It was one of my worst products of 2010. It not only didn't give any color to the skin, it hardly showed any sparkle on the skin either, even though it looked sparkly in the bottle. You could have gotten a better effect just rubbing olive oil all over your legs.These are a massive skip.

If I want sparkle like that, I would do olive oil (or better yet, something with SPF that is moisturizing) and add some pigment for the sparkle. Yeah, I think the body oil is pretty gimmicky.

Mac-Guy

You don't get TC in Italy?
WTF2.gif

BEEaboutmakeup

I like the packaging for this year's summer collection. But judging by the promo pics ..... I don't think I'll get anything besides a couple powerpoint pencils and lipsticks.

DILLIGAF

Here is my wish list:

• Sail La Vie: Bright midtone orange l/s
  • Riviera Life: Bright Tangerine l/g
  • Shore Leave Light: Vibrant coral l/l
  • Nautical :Navy Blue e/s
  • Barefoot: Tarnished Gold e/s
  • Emerald Sea: Kelly Green e/l
  • Blue Stripe: Dark Navy e/l
  • To The Beach Bronze Body Oil: Man Rays
  • Abalone Suntint: See through hot pink with no pearl

Anyone notice the orange theme I've got going? I'm usually neutral on special packaging but I actually like this one.

Hersheykisseslv

I think I'll probably only be getting Riviera Life. I want Sail La Vie too but I do not think it'll look good on me. I'll wait and see till swatches are out :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Need some swatches :)

It'll probably be a while for those. I do find myself thinking about the shadows, though. I feel like I could easily dupe all the lipsticks, but the shadows might have something for me. Strangely, I'm sort of tempted by the highlighter powder, but only because I love both Marine Life and My Paradise so much. It's like I want to continue the tradition...

LMD84

firstly i love the promo picture - the blue eyes and red lips is fantastic! i want pretty much all the glosses but cut loose sounds fabulous and interests me the most :) barefoot and feeling fresh are the only shadows that i fancy at the moment. i already have the pigments so that saves me some money :) crew the highlight powder will most likely come home with me due to my addiction to highlighters! and i may actually buy one of the body oils this year! i am however sad to see suntints back because they suck and would much rather some new tendertones!! bring on the swatches now! :)

liba

It'll probably be a while for those. I do find myself thinking about the shadows, though. I feel like I could easily dupe all the lipsticks, but the shadows might have something for me. Strangely, I'm sort of tempted by the highlighter powder, but only because I love both Marine Life and My Paradise so much. It's like I want to continue the tradition...

I first was thinking the same thing, but Crew just doesn't look as interesting a color - at best it'll look like a summery version of Lightscapade, with that violet accent color it has. I'm so much more excited by the EDSFs. Those will be my go-to's this summer; at least until the mineralize collection comes around.

Mac-Guy

firstly i love the promo picture - the blue eyes and red lips is fantastic! i want pretty much all the glosses but cut loose sounds fabulous and interests me the most :) barefoot and feeling fresh are the only shadows that i fancy at the moment. i already have the pigments so that saves me some money :) crew the highlight powder will most likely come home with me due to my addiction to highlighters! and i may actually buy one of the body oils this year! i am however sad to see suntints back because they suck and would much rather some new tendertones!! bring on the swatches now! :)

Do you get this collection in early May in the UK?

gracie90

Quote: Originally Posted by Mac-Guy
Do you get this collection in early May in the UK?

I don't know the exact date, but we do get it that month (I did a live chat)!

Latest posts