MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

Pinkdollface

Here is a swatch of Shore Leave with some lipsticks that i thought it might work with.
In the first picture on top Watch me Simmer.
Second row from left to right Ever Hip, Flamingo, Shore Leave.
Bottom row from left to right Victorian, Viva Glam Nicki.

Watch me Simmer is too dark and Victorian and Viva Glam Nicki are too pink.
In real life it looks like Flamingo is closest, but Ever Hip could work too i guess.

MACina

Thank you very for the swatches Pinkdollface!

How do you like TCAS on your lips?
Is it sheer enough so that the rosiness of your lips is still visible?

Here are some comparisons for Sail La Vie and a swatch of To Catch a Sailor.
Top row from left to right To Catch a Sailor, Toxic Tale, Sail La Vie.
Bottom row from left to right Scarlet Ibis, Hibiscus.

The colour of To Catch a Sailor is most like the second picture in real life.
Sail La Vie in real life is most like the first picture.
Scarlet Ibis is redder, Toxic Tale is a lot pinker and Hibiscus is sheerer and pinker, but not as pink as Toxic Tale.
HTH

Pinkdollface

Top row Naked Lunch, Jaunty.
Second row Feeling Fresh, Emerald Sea.
On the bottom of Feeling Fresh is Jealousy Wakes.

Jealousy Wakes is a lot bluer. Feeling Fresh is a true green to me. Emerald Sea is a tiny bit darker, but the difference isn't as big in real life as it is in the picture. I really like using Emerald Sea with Feeling Fresh on top as a liner.

Pinkdollface

How do you like TCAS on your lips? Is it sheer enough so that the rosiness of your lips is still visible?
TCAS is quite opaque. On me my natural lips don't show much. I'm not sure how i feel about it. It's not something i normally wear, but i guess it will be pretty when there's more sun.

MRV

I have not yet tried Feeling Fresh on, but looking at the picture, it might go well with JW.

MACina

Thank you....I can not not imagine how it would look on me then and whether I could pull it off.

TCAS is quite opaque. On me my natural lips don't show much. I'm not sure how i feel about it. It's not something i normally wear, but i guess it will be pretty when there's more sun.

Pinkdollface

First picture from left to right Stunner, Launch Away, Immortal Flower. (i'm sorry for the bad quality, they don't show up too well on camera)
Second picture Fleet Fast, Hipness.

Immortal Flower is more peach and Stunner more coral and a bit deeper than Launch Away.
In the pan Fleet Fast looked like a muted version of Hipness. It's redder and a bit darker than Hipness.

Pinkdollface

Sun Dipped on top and Crew on the bottom.

I really wish i had a better camera. But maybe this way you can see that Sun Dipped is a great bronzer even for light skin.
You can see a bit of pink hopefully, well that's crew. It's very pretty in real life.

Pinkdollface

Here i'm wearing To Catch a Sailor and Fleet Fast.

Now that i've tried To Catch a Sailor again with good lighting i do like it. What do you think?

Piarpreet

Ruby Woo is a bit cooler I think and totally matte. Red Racer is a true red in satin finish. It is nowhere near as drying as RW. I loooooooooove RW. I think it is one of the prettiest reds out there. I do not reach for it often because of the dryness. I'm good for a couple of hours, but sooner or later my lips get really dry. But when I wear it it is
heart.gif
. You'll like Red Racer, I'm sure of that.
i'm officially convinced