MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

MACerette

Just got the second part of HS and some Reel Sexy goodies. I added the HS items I bought last Saturday. Seemed more cosy that way :p

Left to right, top to bottom:
Launch Away, Fleet Fast, Nude on Board, Crew
Feeling Fresh, Sail la Vie (<3), Red Racer, To Catch a Sailor
167SH
Hopefully these babies will be reunited with a great part of their family in a week or so :)

Left to right, top to bottom:
Dynamic Duo 3
Pink Cult, Magenta, Pink Popcorn, Heroine, Watch me Simmer
Hyacinth eye kohl
Star Quality Cremesheen
Colour Saturation Cremesheen
Pink Tea (Yes, Très Cheek finally completed)
Hip 'n happy liner (Tour de Fabulous)

And my blush collection grew +5 today
smiles.gif

MACerette

@Pinkdollface: I was wondering: the day you went to Amsterdam to pick up Flamingo, did you also ask for Party Parrot by any chance? I was there to buy a backup of Party Parrot and Pink Pigeon but the former was sold out already. There was a girl there that bought the last Flamingo. Was that you by any chance?

sherm

Hmm, Launch Away is creeping back onto my list thanks to this blog post: http://fridayisforever.blogspot.com/2012/05/mac-hey-sailor-launch-away-blusher-au.html

I axed Send Me Sailing so my list is still 4 items, at least there's that.

katred

Specktra Bestie
If you have a chance try it in store and go outside with it so you can see it in natural light. In store the colour really doesn't look at its best. I think i've more of a neutral undertone, but i use nc because it helps cancel out some redness on my cheeks. I don't know how it would work with someone that has pink undertones.
I'm the exact same. Now you have me thinking that I need to try TCAS...

MACina

When I got Barefoot I had to think of Gaelic Gold from Reelers & Rockers Palette (Tartan Tale Collection) immediatly because they look very close in the pan.
Once swatched Gaelic Gold is slightly darker then Barefoot but they are still close.Both have a veluxe pearl finish.

DynoPupBeauty

Ladies - bronzers Soft Sand and Sun Dipped on NC42 skintone

I definitely recommend Soft Sand it's so so so beautiful and you get a gorgeous bronzed all over look, Sun Dipped is a perfect colour for contouring and a lighter application of a tanned look. Both bronzers are perfect for darker skintones!

Spanky

Red Racer is so pretty, I can't wait to see what it looks like on. Thank you, MACerette, for scraficing you arm for me to see the differences
Some reds compared. Note that the picture's colours may deviate somewhat from the colours IRL. From left to right: Red Racer, Runaway Red, M.A.C. Red, Heartless, Russian Red, Scarlet Ibis, Lady Danger, Ruby Woo. I forgot to include Lady Bug and Prolong, but hey, who cares... Red Racer is a true red, whereas Runaway Red is deeper with a blue undertone.

Spanky

I'm really confused by the bronzers in this collection - they all seem to sort of look alike,  but I'm sure that's not the case. Which is lighter, Soft Sand or Sun Dipped?
Amen Lmcmullen! I want to go into the store knowing which one is going to look best on my NC20 skin. I don't want to wind up buying something that's going to make me look like I was playing in my mom's makeup.

MACerette

I haven't swatched anything from HS or RS yet (apart from Red Racer). I assume that the swatches that have been given so far by others and links given are sufficient. If I do need to swatch something, just let me know.

Spanky

I posted a few swatches over at my blog if anyone wants to take a peek. http://niksmakeupmusings.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mac-summer-collection-hey-sailor.html Still trying to hold off from going on another crazy spending spree but seeing everyone elses hauls is making me feel like I'm missing out on some bits. Going to try and hold off until Friday when its payday, makes spending seem more acceptable!
Hey Nik88 Love what did with all your new colors. Your eyes especially, they look stunning.

Spanky

I also wear what i'm in the mood for, but it makes sense to wear brighter reds on sunnier days, because most likely your in a happier mood. At least that's how it works for me. I love my reds as well. I should wear them more, but i have so many lippies and i keep buying them:p
 Same here. It looks great on you by the way:aok:
One can never have enough red lippies! There are plenty to match the bad moods too, trust me I am a red LS fiend and I love it. And Pinkdollface I hunted down Runaway Red because of your profile picture.

Pinkdollface

One can never have enough red lippies! There are plenty to match the bad moods too, trust me I am a red LS fiend and I love it. And Pinkdollface I hunted down Runaway Red because of your profile picture.
I'm glad you were able to get your two RRs! I'm so happy that so many of you are liking it on me:)

Spanky

Thanks everyone for all the lovely complements. I am normally a hot pink lipstick kind of girl but I have been loving how bright and fresh red racer is!
You ROCK A RED LIP LIKE NO ONE'S BUSINESS. It LOOKS HOT ON YOU! IRELAND BEWARE YOU'VE GOT A VIXEN ON YOUR HANDS :)

Alisha1

Here i'm wearing To Catch a Sailor and Fleet Fast.

Now that i've tried To Catch a Sailor again with good lighting i do like it. What do you think?
Omg you've just added TCAS to my list! It looks great on you!

For those of you that are considering Red Racer I would say get it - it's like a perfect red for me - love! Runaway Red is abit too blue based for me so this is a nice addition to my collection. I'm not surprised that it's sold out everywhere online here!