MAC - Holiday 2008 "Red She Said" Discussion Part II

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewlyMACd
I tried both glitters from the pig sets and they both look a hot mess on my lips. I will NOT try to make d/g again using that.
nope.gif

I've had great results with both reflects gold and reflects blue.

Perhaps for the ones that are turning muddy you could try applying the gloss first, and then patting the glitter on top of that using a lip brush?

GlamQueen21

The "Red" She Said collection is awesome!!! I have the Quiet, Please l/s, Date Night, Sugarrimmed and Baby Sparks d/g, Fibre Rich mascara, Stark Naked blush and the Danger Zone e/s. I love using Stark Naked and Sugarrimmed every single day. I want Enough Said blush, Miss Dynamite d/g and all of the Mineral Eyeshadow Trios.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I've had great results with both reflects gold and reflects blue.

Perhaps for the ones that are turning muddy you could try applying the gloss first, and then patting the glitter on top of that using a lip brush?

The glitters in the sets are reflects antiqued gold and reflects blackened red. Or were u just giving us suggestions on which ones to use??
smiles.gif
I havent tried the blackened red but the antiqued gold---no matter how u apply it to ur lips: is just wrongggg
nope.gif

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
The glitters in the sets are reflects antiqued gold and reflects blackened red. Or were u just giving us suggestions on which ones to use??
smiles.gif
I havent tried the blackened red but the antiqued gold---no matter how u apply it to ur lips: is just wrongggg
nope.gif

I was suggesting the blue and gold because I have them and know they work.
tong.gif

I went into MAC today in Brisbane, Australia (David Jones) and they were doing a special promo for Red She Said handing out necklaces/bracelets with a big red diamonte like on the front of the holiday palettes. You may have seen some of the staff wear them lately. They are cheap looking but kind of cute. The HOTTEST promo model was all dressed up in a pimp red suit with a black eye mask painted on and he tied it around my wrist. Gals if u live in Brissy, get on down to MAC DJ's in the city.

Oh how I long to marry a promo model
th_e2cloud9.gif
lol

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceuk
I'm in love with Red She said l/s with Love Alert over the top. Gorgeous!!
mac_newfavourite.gif

Yes, it really is. It nearly made me buy Love Alert. Maybe it will still make me buy Love Alert
winks.gif

Miss QQ

My MAC counter still don't have stocks of the blushers and dazzleglass.
hmm.gif
The MA also don't know what is wrong but he says they will come. I'm tired of waiting. Maybe I'll get Stark Naked from the other counter next week. I'm thinking of passing the dazzleglass this time because of Hello Kitty's dazzleglass with charms.
lol.gif

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Yes, it really is. It nearly made me buy Love Alert. Maybe it will still make me buy Love Alert
winks.gif

You should definitely get it
yes.gif
I'm going to get a back up I've used so much of it. I've found that if you put it on top of Baby Sparks it is a gorgeous colour
drools.gif

Red She said is my first ever red lipstick, Russian Red is now on my Christmas list. I love red on me, when didn't think I would suit it.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceuk
You should definitely get it
yes.gif
I'm going to get a back up I've used so much of it. I've found that if you put it on top of Baby Sparks it is a gorgeous colour
drools.gif

Red She said is my first ever red lipstick, Russian Red is now on my Christmas list. I love red on me, when didn't think I would suit it.

Yes, I am very tempted. But I have a Chanel gloss that is very much the same colour, just with less sparkles.
th_dunno.gif

I will try my first d/g with Date Night and then I hope they still have Love Alert. Which reminds me a lot of Plum du Bois...
Well, we will see...
You gotta love a red lip
greengrin.gif

GlamQueen21

Love Alert on the website is sold out. I was going to buy Love Alert when the collection came out but Sugarrimmed got me and I'm almost out.

aangel

You are sooooo right about the dazzleglasses, they are perfect
drools.gif

I just returned from my MAC store and my haul is huge
mac_addict.gif

I bought inter-view, dangerzone, threesome and persuasive mes, soft pause l/s (b2m) and baby sparks dg. It's my first dazzleglass and I love it
th_DANCE.gif

Although I have milady mes from last christmas and the black mes from last summer, I can never resist to a nice red/black e/s
th_dunno.gif

Inter-view mes is simply marvelous; I don't like blue e/s but I think I'll wear this one
yes.gif
yes.gif
Threesome is such a nice shade of pink, I could not resist to it
true.gif

I am a red-she-said addict
mac_redshesaid.gif

aangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
Wow amazing haul! Yes, Dazzleglasses are soooo perfect!
sneaky.gif
yes.gif

Thanks so much capmorlovesmac
winkiss.gif

I stayed till late last night to read most of the pages in this thread (actually part I) and I enjoyed all your comments. Your discussion helped me choose these wonderful pieces of art
yes.gif
cutey.gif

thelove4tequila

So what is everyone pairing up with Miss Dynamite????? I paired it with Vegas Volt l/s and it was just okay. I need ideas ladies!
smiles.gif

aangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Great haul!! Join the holiday club
yes.gif

Thanks Susanne
winkiss.gif
And I can see that you are in festive mood now
yes.gif
Everything OK with your exams?
th_DANCE.gif
yes.gif
Time to enjoy your holiday collection
th_thb5ed765e.gif
mac_brushaddict.gif
mac_blushaddict.gif
th_partytime.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by aangel
Thanks Susanne
winkiss.gif
And I can see that you are in festive mood now
yes.gif
Everything OK with your exams?
th_DANCE.gif
yes.gif
Time to enjoy your holiday collection
th_thb5ed765e.gif
mac_brushaddict.gif
mac_blushaddict.gif
th_partytime.gif

Yes, I passed with very good grades... The hard work during the last weeks was worth it
thmbup.gif

I will have a makeover at my counter tomorrow - if I am able to leave my bed
lol.gif