MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

lyseD

I hope all the shadows aren't repromotes --- I have four from the original collection.

BeLucky

I love that the packaging is all black. It really makes a striking look, with the pale/pastel/creamy colors and the chic, stark and shiny black. I can't wait!

shontay07108

You don't have to mess around with the fussy Feline if you just get Perversion eyeliner from Urban Decay. It's black and matte and not nearly as messy.

Jenrbelt

Thy are a gel like formula which makes them easier to apply, smooth, and long wearing. They  provide a glow with out being overly glittery.   Glorify was my go to this summer.  On my lids and on top of my cheek bones with a little blush, liner and mascara, then lips and I was done!   I still have tons left but I'll need another.   I am definately putting the EDSFs on my best of MAC 2012 list.  I doubt it.  MAC never keeps the good stuff.  We have to buy it up in a frenzy and then wait 100 years to see it again.  I am actually surprised they are back so soon.  I agree.   Outside of the EDSF and shadows, nothing else that has been repropmoted is grabbing me.  I wonder what shades the lipsticks and glosses are.  Really this is the best time.  I need to Christmas shop, not buy a ton of makeup for myself.  Its easier to bypass items I have seen/brought before. 
Thanks for responding! Excited about these now, too! Glow without too much glitter....sigh :eyelove:

Fiberluver

You don't have to mess around with the fussy Feline if you just get Perversion eyeliner from Urban Decay. It's black and matte and not nearly as messy.
Thanks Shontay!

The only product I've used from UD is the primer potion.

I may give that liner a try.

luvlydee

that dark purple lippie will be mine!
girl_devil.gif
muahaha

aradhana

I haven't had any smearing issues with Raven or Mystery. I have Feline but have barely used it. I can't seem to get a straight line with it when I'm rushing in the morning. It seems really soft compared to the other pencils I have.
that was the impression i have as well. raven, mystery and orpheus are super smokey blackened shimmers, but not as soft.

pocketmouse

leopard print? pastels? cute little cushioned boxes? and the upcoming Marilyn and Archie collections?! *cries*
holysheep.gif
mac_atemywallet.gif

KosmetiKAT

I just saw this on Instagram. Tx to Shengsaw. This is from the glamourdaze holiday collection. Those lipsticks have my name written all over it. That blush. Those e/s. My wallet is crying hard right now, but I have the biggest smile on my face. I am still searching for a color story. Enjoy family Spectrettes!

[h=2][/h]
b7c22738f8d111e1b52912313820446d_7.jpg
Can't wait to Glam some model up with this new #MAC #GlamourDaze #collection. X

2012 Instagram, Inc.

I wonder if the light color is Fleshpot?

singer82

thud.gif
Naynadine you are AMAZING! Got my internet shut off, I get to a computer and see this OMG. I have been really choosey lately due to funds. Guess I was just waiting for this collection! I've been so misrable lately at my job. They cut my hours BIG time. But after 7 years, I got a new one! More MAC! yay
yahoo.gif

I love everything about this collection! I've never been too much into packaging but man, I'm loving this! I dont even know where to start. I'm in shock right now.

• I usually never let packaging sway my decision, but man, I'm just loving all the packaging!
  • The main collection looks so amazing! I LOVVVVE ED shadows so super excited for those! Love me some Fluidlines! The lipsticks look to die for! And I am so eyeing that pink blush. Such a pretty soft pink color. Wonder if thats what the model is wearing in the promo.
  • Love the eyeshadow palette packaging. But to be honest the colors arnt screaming must have for me ya know? Bummer, cause I adore the packaging.
  • I LOVE those tins! But dont really need the crushed pigments. I have 3 sets and barely touch them. That green set is calling to me though. Think I'll get the plum/pink gloss set.
  • I want one of those coin purse looking bags! But again, not too sure about whats in them. Oh what to do?
  • Love the packaging for the brushes. But not too keen on the mini brushes. The eye ones can be scratchy on my sensitive eyes.
  • I was really hoping for new pigment sets and full pigments in the colour story part. And some dazzleglass cremes. But this is an awesome colletion nontheless!

MissTT

I've never used a MAC eyeliner, but UD's Perversion is my go-to black as well. I use Demolition as my daily brown, but prefer Whiskey which isn't perm.

Mac-Guy

Feline has a pretty unique formula compared to the other three kohl powers I own. Raven is one of my faves to apply to the lower lash lone...interchangeable w teddy, depending how smokey I want to look.
I totally agree. It's a great product!

duckrodeo

I bought 9 of the original ED shadows, so part of me is hoping that if they're not repromotes (which I agree would be kind of silly) I hope I don't love the colors lol. But I'm sure my money will go to a large part of this collection! I'm not wowed by the eyeshadow sets, but I'm definitely looking at a brush set for the leopard print and coordinating brushes and a lip gloss set! Although I wonder how many will still wind up at CCOs and if I should take the chance and wait. Everything else is fair game, omg fluidlines and lipsticks (another pink! Agh!)

MACina

Thank you so much for sharing OctoberViolet!!!

I have to get these lipsticks too....they look pretty!!!

Looks a lot like Warm Thunder, Rich Core and Young Venus!

Yes...I agree!Rich Core and Warm Thunder came already into my mind when I saw the pic of the display (and another one looks like Grand Galaxy).

princess sarah

I brought brush kits from the holiday collection last year, they are good to have for travelling and even though I find they shed a bit, they still arent as terrible quality as I thought. I may purchase another one this year with the rest of my haul.

Between this and Archie... argghh!!!

Luckily Archie comes out around my birthday so I can ask for that for my birthday like Gareth Pugh... I get my Airbrush Machine for Xmas instead this year

MACerette

The collection looks nice. Makes me want to cut down on Marilyn. Hopefully my budget will be bigger by then :(