MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

erine1881

I have been torn about whether I love Dramatic Encounter or not.  It definitely is too dark for anything but an Emo Goth Girl look straight from the tube on me but I love the finish.  I finally toned it down with Modesty l/s in the center of my lips and sort of mixed the two and I have a new everyday purple I love.  Line with Vino.  It isn't quite an Ombre look, but it made me go from meh to :eyelove: on Dramatic Encounter. 
I'm obsessed with dark lips! Straight up nude eye, no liner, lots of mascara, neutral cheeks (soft or a bit dramatic) and dark, dark lips!!! Works on everyone!!!

CiaoBellaa

I loove Dramatic Encounter. It was the only lipstick I got from this collection, something about it just grabbed me! I love how deep it is, and when I tried it on at home I actually loved it! Only place I can see myself wearing it is in the late fall shopping around the city with my friends :) it's exactly what I was looking for. I also love how you can see nuances of shimmer/sparkle in the tube. It's real subtle though, doesn't show on the lips. Did anybody notice how on the bottom it actually says amplified creme? I thought this was so funny because all my amplified cremes say amplified creme on the box but only amplified on the bottom of the tube! I thought it was so cool when I noticed it said both words on the bottom of Dramatic Encounter so that kinda sealed the deal that I had to get it lol :D

martiangurll

I loove Dramatic Encounter. It was the only lipstick I got from this collection, something about it just grabbed me! I love how deep it is, and when I tried it on at home I actually loved it! Only place I can see myself wearing it is in the late fall shopping around the city with my friends
smiles.gif
it's exactly what I was looking for. I also love how you can see nuances of shimmer/sparkle in the tube. It's real subtle though, doesn't show on the lips. Did anybody notice how on the bottom it actually says amplified creme? I thought this was so funny because all my amplified cremes say amplified creme on the box but only amplified on the bottom of the tube! I thought it was so cool when I noticed it said both words on the bottom of Dramatic Encounter so that kinda sealed the deal that I had to get it lol
greengrin.gif
I thought Amplified and Amplified Cream were two different finishes? I do love the color maybe slightly more than Glamour Daze which I purchased a BU for because of the color and the finish, MLBB for certain. GD could be the HG there.

madelinehampton

how i can I purchase the mac holiday 2012 glamour/fabulousness/guilty passion collection and how much is it I really,really want this holiday collection.

Naughtyp

Well, i've been sitting on my pretty pink hatbox... not literally, of course. I bought the Lavish Rose Lip Gloss Set mostly for the purple with glitter of Boys Go Crazy. I doubted i'd ever want to wear the pale pinks in there. And so far i haven't worn any of them.

So today i opened the box and, rather than just looking at the beautiful colors "nestled all snug in their beds", i decided to try Demure. It is a warm opaque pink with glitter. With trepidation I decided to try it on. It was a surprise, a nice surprise. On my lips the base color is a light nude pink, not milky at all, and not noticeably accenting any lines in my lips. It is so... demure! And that much is probably dupe-able. BUT the kicker is the glitter is SKY BLUE. It isn't giant and chunky, but rather fine micro-glitter. And, well, i'm a pushover for unusual colors AND glitter.

Demure has turned out to be a gloss that i will probably wear with some frequency during the Spring and Summer, when i wear my dark violets and dark plums and dark browns and dark greys less, and wear pinky peaches and peachy pinks - and Snob and Angel - more.

In its honor, i opened up my pretty green hatbox and put two of the Sweetly Smoky Crushed Metallic Pigments on my eyes - Prettified, a warm mauve, and Maribu, a slightly warmish light pink. Then i lined my eyes with Raven Kohl Power Eye, a black base with warm red pearl, also from Glamour Daze, and dusted a little Semi-Precious Crystal Pink MSF on my cheeks. It's a bright sunny day today and i'm dolled up for it.
I also though I would t care for the pale pinks in the lavish rosé set but demure and going casual are the ones I've used most! I mainly got it for BGC but I've only worn it once lol. I like it in the tube better than my lips lol

Medgal07

Well, i've been sitting on my pretty pink hatbox... not literally, of course. I bought the Lavish Rose Lip Gloss Set mostly for the purple with glitter of Boys Go Crazy. I doubted i'd ever want to wear the pale pinks in there. And so far i haven't worn any of them.

So today i opened the box and, rather than just looking at the beautiful colors "nestled all snug in their beds", i decided to try Demure. It is a warm opaque pink with glitter. With trepidation I decided to try it on. It was a surprise, a nice surprise. On my lips the base color is a light nude pink, not milky at all, and not noticeably accenting any lines in my lips. It is so... demure! And that much is probably dupe-able. BUT the kicker is the glitter is SKY BLUE. It isn't giant and chunky, but rather fine micro-glitter. And, well, i'm a pushover for unusual colors AND glitter.

Demure has turned out to be a gloss that i will probably wear with some frequency during the Spring and Summer, when i wear my dark violets and dark plums and dark browns and dark greys less, and wear pinky peaches and peachy pinks - and Snob and Angel - more.

In its honor, i opened up my pretty green hatbox and put two of the Sweetly Smoky Crushed Metallic Pigments on my eyes - Prettified, a warm mauve, and Maribu, a slightly warmish light pink. Then i lined my eyes with Raven Kohl Power Eye, a black base with warm red pearl, also from Glamour Daze, and dusted a little Semi-Precious Crystal Pink MSF on my cheeks. It's a bright sunny day today and i'm dolled up for it.
Lilinah,
pretty.gif
the look sounds amazing---made me want to dip into my pigments too!!! Glad you shared this!
bouquet.gif

Yazmin

I saw a couple of the eyeshadow palettes at my CCO today. I didn't look too closely but I think it was the Smoky Eyes and whichever one was pale green.

bluelitzer

I have Stylishly Merry extra dimension eyeshadow and I've been using it as a blush instead of e/s. Lovely magenta with purple iridescence, like stars n rockets.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by bluelitzer
I have Stylishly Merry extra dimension eyeshadow and I've been using it as a blush instead of e/s. Lovely magenta with purple iridescence, like stars n rockets.

Ooooo, fun! I have Stylishly Merry. I suspect it might be too bright for my pale skin as a blush, but it's worth a shot. I love its blue-ish iridescence.

OhSoJaded

I'm really excited to that this collection is starting to show up at the CCOs. I picked up the mineralize brush set and the last Stolen Moment (weee, backup). I hope I'll run into the gloss sets soon.

MissTT

So far I've seen the the lip gloss sets and the eye shadow sets at my CCO. I was there looking for Marilyn.
greengrin.gif

Yazmin

My CCO has two of the eye palettes, and the green lip bag, though I don't remember which colors were in that lip set.

MissTT

Are you looking for a CP? Send me a pic of the items you want and I can look for you if I go this week.