MAC Huggable Lipcolour Collection (December 26, 2013)

martiangurll

For what it's worth, I'm loving Commotion (NC15).  I tried this over some Bite Line & Define Lip Primer that I picked up at Sephora. It's a really pretty deep pink wine burgundy (if that makes sense?). It has a bit of that "stained glass' effect that Liba described when I first applied it. Now after several hours, it's softened to a pretty, even stain.  No feathering--I'm not sure whether that's because I followed Liba's advice when I applied it, or because of the Bite primer. I also ordered (but haven't yet tried) Red Necessity, Rich Marron and Rusty. I'm pretty confident that I'll like what I ordered, but won't need any more---four huggables should last me for a while! :)
I am eyeballing that Bite primer. However I just got a brand new tube of MAC P&P so I should wait. Do you have other Bite products to recommend?

patentg33k

I am eyeballing that Bite primer. However I just got a brand new tube of MAC P&P so I should wait. Do you have other Bite products to recommend?
No, this is the first product I'm trying. The Agave lip conditioner is getting raves, but I haven't tried it yet.

SydVicious

eyelove.gif
You really do have THE prettiest shaped lips
kissy.gif

I'm trying to decide between Cherry Glaze, Commotion & Feeling Amorous - which would you choose. I think I may get to see them this weekend.
She really does!! And this lipstick looks so juicy... It makes your lips look awesome Geeko!!!

BuickMackane

If you like your bright (and I mean BRIGHT!!!) violet/magentas you may like to hunt down Pastille Violet. None of the swatches I've seen online manage to convey just how bright that sucker is. It's a lot pigmented than their regular lippies.

Luminous Creme Lipstick in Cava is a pale, grayish nude/pink, a bit like Feed The Senses. They're not dupes though. Grenache looks like a bright magenta in the tube but it looks more muted on the lip. Both lippies feel very comfortable on and the texture is forgiving. Along with Sensai Lasting Treatment lippies, they are what I reach for when my lips can't handle another pesky matte.

High Pigment Matte Pencil in Violet is an awesome pick for the violet/magenta fiend. Off the top of my head I'd say it's bluer than Pastille Violet but I can't say for sure (it's been a while since I last wore it). I also have the Best Bite Set which had 4 mini Matte Pencils. I haven't worn them yet so I can't comment on them. But if they have the pigmentation and application of Violet I'll be a happy bunny.

Moral of the story - Very nice lippies, but pricey. Best to wait for a sale :)

Winthrop44

The Huggable lipcolours are reportedly very dupey to Chantecaille lip chics as far as formula and many colors:

http://www.makeupalley.com/m_165835271

SassClassBeauty

She really does!!  And this lipstick looks so juicy... It makes your lips look awesome Geeko!!!
I just ordered those I can swatch them for you once they arrive. I was really skeptical of this collection so I only ordered what a feeling but I LOVED the formula I felt it was necessary to get more of them

elegant-one

The Huggable lipcolours are reportedly very dupey to Chantecaille lip chics as far as formula and many colors:

http://www.makeupalley.com/m_165835271
Yes, they are very very similar! I do think that the Chantecaille last a bit longer & their colors are amazingly beautiful!
winks.gif

Audrey C

I like these colours enough that I've already made a dent in my Out for Passion. Love the finish (one thin layer kind of like tinted balm, two like lipstick) and I know I'll finish them all. They're soft and creamy, so even though I don't smoosh or wear lots I can already see that they'll get used up pretty quickly. I'm really enjoying them, but I thought I'd point that out.

gildedangel

I finally wore out Fresh & Frisky today, and I really liked it! It had good lasting power and I loved the hydration it gave my lips since it's so dry outside. It applied well and is a surprisingly pretty color on me. I hope that MAC repromotes or keeps the formula around.

elegant-one

I just ordered Red Necessity with the free 2nd day ship. And, I ordered What A Feeling the other day from Nordies. My lips felt very smooth & soft the day after I wore FA which I still really love the color

ChosenOne

I finally wore out Fresh & Frisky today, and I really liked it! It had good lasting power and I loved the hydration it gave my lips since it's so dry outside. It applied well and is a surprisingly pretty color on me. I hope that MAC repromotes or keeps the formula around.
iagree.gif
I wore the same lippie for the first time today!! I agree, the color is beautiful. It comes out a soft peachy coral on me. I really do love this formula because it makes my lips look so smooth!

liba

I just ordered Red Necessity with the free 2nd day ship. And, I ordered What A Feeling the other day from Nordies. My lips felt very smooth & soft the day after I wore FA which I still really love the color
Two words: Love Beam
graucho.gif

It's not the right shade for me, but based on what shades we've both looked good in vs. which shades we weren't skin twins on, I'm thinking Love Beam for you all the way!

elegant-one

Two words: Love Beam
graucho.gif

It's not the right shade for me, but based on what shades we've both looked good in vs. which shades we weren't skin twins on, I'm thinking Love Beam for you all the way!
I'm going to get it this weekend
lol.gif
What did you think of the lightest nude one? Is that Touche? The girl gave me the wrong name for it when I was swatching. I cannot ever see the names on the bottom of the tubes
kissy.gif

PixieDancer

Ok I REALLY like this formula but I will only allow myself ONE more! That's it!
I have OFP. So what are we thinking!?
I'm tryng to choose between Rusty or Feeling Amorous?
I think I have too many close dupes to the other shades. Because I'm SUPER attracted to Commotion! But I have almost EVERY dupe for that shade already!!

mousygiggles

I'm going to get it this weekend
lol.gif
What did you think of the lightest nude one? Is that Touche? The girl gave me the wrong name for it when I was swatching. I cannot ever see the names on the bottom of the tubes
kissy.gif
I want Touche. I got Love Beam today and it is way more pigmented than I expected and I do not love the color for a no make up look. I love LOVE the formula though.

Ajigglin

Ok I REALLY like this formula but I will only allow myself ONE more! That's it! I have OFP. So what are we thinking!?  I'm tryng to choose between Rusty or Feeling Amorous? I think I have too many close dupes to the other shades. Because I'm SUPER attracted to Commotion! But I have almost EVERY dupe for that shade already!!
Don't do it! Commotion, that is.

liba

Ok I REALLY like this formula but I will only allow myself ONE more! That's it!
I have OFP. So what are we thinking!?
I'm tryng to choose between Rusty or Feeling Amorous?
I think I have too many close dupes to the other shades. Because I'm SUPER attracted to Commotion! But I have almost EVERY dupe for that shade already!!
RUSTY!

Pinkdollface

These release this saturday in the Netherlands, but a lovely MUA let me peek at them today. I swatched Love Beam, Feeling Amorous and Commotion. I really liked the way they looked, sheer but still bright. I'm glad I got to swatch them before they were on display, because the lights will probably melt them a bit just like happens with the Sheen Supremes. Now I got a better impression of how they perform and I'll give them a try. I'm debating if I should get Love Beam or Feeling Amorous.