MAC Huggable Lipcolour Collection (December 26, 2013)

keishapooh

I got out for passion. Its nice. Feels great on. It looks like a pinky nude on me. They need to make this formula perm

liba

Liba Liba Liba - I got Feeling Amorous!!!
th_happy1.gif

Its a really really beautiful light rosy raspberry shade on me - I LOVE how glamorous & elegant they look on! I am SO getting the Red Necessity ( GORGEOUS deep sexy red), Commotion - GORGEOUS Plum Berry!, What A Feeling (beautiful slight violet medium pink), & Cherry Glaze which is weird because it was more orange-ish than cherry but still pretty. & maybe the nude one.

They glide on smoothly, have a slight sheen not quite gloss look, make your lips look smooth & full!!! Oh & you're right - they give a crisp lip line
cheerleader.gif
for old peeps
lol.gif
I'm so glad you're loving them!!! Did you check out Out for Passion or Love Beam? I can totally picture you in those 24/7.

I still haven't picked my things up yet. I had my first gall bladder attack the other day, since the very first one a year ago, so I've been a little shaky.
ssad.gif
Thankfully my primary doctor doesn't believe I need to rush out and get it removed, but my gastroenterologist sure is pushing me. Yuck. Respect the wishes of your patients a little.

Anyhow, I can't wait to get mine. I'm getting Commotion, Rusty, Rich Marron (such a gorgeous mid-tone nude), Out for Passion (so much love for this one), Fresh & Frisky (it's like Runway Hit translated to this formula, so to die for) and probably Touche and/or Red Necessity. LOVE!

cr8zy4MAC

Okay guys, what the heck am I missing about this formula? I don't like it at all. I bought Out For Passion. I don't think the color goes on consistently. I find there to be no crisp, smooth edge. I have had my lips filled with Juvederm, so I don't notice if it is making my lips smoother than what they already are. I just had them filled about a month ago, so they're nice and fresh. I wish I was feeling more love for this formula, but I'm not. I am liking a sot layer of regular lipstick in a MLBB shade, followed by a pretty lipglass. Please tell me what the heck I am missing.

liba

Okay guys, what the heck am I missing about this formula? I don't like it at all. I bought Out For Passion. I don't think the color goes on consistently. I find there to be no crisp, smooth edge. I have had my lips filled with Juvederm, so I don't notice if it is making my lips smoother than what they already are. I just had them filled about a month ago, so they're nice and fresh. I wish I was feeling more love for this formula, but I'm not. I am liking a sot layer of regular lipstick in a MLBB shade, followed by a pretty lipglass. Please tell me what the heck I am missing.
I guess my only suggestion is to apply quickly, because they do eventually get softer if you're running them back and forth over your lips for a bit and then can be smooshy. Pat on lightly, let set, then do a second coat to even out the color if necessary. Out For Passion is one of my favorites of the collection and I don't usually do soft pinks. Really brings out my eyes.

cr8zy4MAC

Yeah, I do tend to run my lipsticks back and forth. I like my lips to always be moist. Plus the fact that when I am working I am talking with people all day, so my lipstick wears off faster than it normally would.

Right now I have Out For Passion on. Actually, it's brighter pink on me than I thought it would be. I tend to like colors that are softer pinks. This is pretty bright. I also like my colors to be sheerer, real buttery. I'll take a picture and put below what Out For Passion is looking like on me. Maybe I would be better off with Marron or Fresh and Frisky. I thought about Love Beam, but that will be probably brighter than what I would like anyways.

Thanks Liba!

Please excuse my makeup looking a little rough around the edges. I had a long day at work!

liba

Yeah, I do tend to run my lipsticks back and forth. I like my lips to always be moist. Plus the fact that when I am working I am talking with people all day, so my lipstick wears off faster than it normally would.

Right now I have Out For Passion on. Actually, it's brighter pink on me than I thought it would be. I tend to like colors that are softer pinks. This is pretty bright. I also like my colors to be sheerer, real buttery. I'll take a picture and put below what Out For Passion is looking like on me. Maybe I would be better off with Marron or Fresh and Frisky. I thought about Love Beam, but that will be probably brighter than what I would like anyways.

Thanks Liba!

Please excuse my makeup looking a little rough around the edges. I had a long day at work!
You have green eyes too - it's a great pink for green eyes. If it feels a bit bright, you can blot it down after applying it. A light blotting just takes away some of the shine and a firmer blotting turns the color into a beautiful stain. Give it a try!

Another thing is, Out For Passion definitely feels like a springtime color. You might just want to pull it out next month when spring is in the air. Out For Passion is probably the most subdued pink in the collection. Love Beam is definitely brighter. What a Feeling is a little more subdued but also a little more mauve/lavender pink. Fresh & Frisky is so beautiful and I think it will look good on you, but it's peachy nude, not pink. Did you try Runway Hit? Some folks had it pull a little orange on them, but other people like me, found it to be gorgeously perfect.

cr8zy4MAC

You have green eyes too - it's a great pink for green eyes. If it feels a bit bright, you can blot it down after applying it. A light blotting just takes away some of the shine and a firmer blotting turns the color into a beautiful stain. Give it a try!

Another thing is, Out For Passion definitely feels like a springtime color. You might just want to pull it out next month when spring is in the air. Out For Passion is probably the most subdued pink in the collection. Love Beam is definitely brighter. What a Feeling is a little more subdued but also a little more mauve/lavender pink. Fresh & Frisky is so beautiful and I think it will look good on you, but it's peachy nude, not pink. Did you try Runway Hit? Some folks had it pull a little orange on them, but other people like me, found it to be gorgeously perfect.
What A Feeling did catch my eye before. Fresh & Frisky might be nice, but I think pinks generally look better on me. If it is a combo of pink and peach, now we're talking (like Pink Lemonade lipglass!). I didn't see Runway Hit. I must be missing it. What about Touche? What are your thoughts on that one?

bouquet.gif

cr8zy4MAC

Liba,

Let me add that I wear a smokey eye 99% of the time, either a traditional smokey or a mid-tone smokey ... like Sumptuous Olive on the lid and a purple in the crease ... that kind of look. I hope that helps. :)

patentg33k

I ordered Commotion sight unseen, and am wearing it today. I really like the formula for the most part. I can't quite describe the feel - it is definitely different to any other lippies I own but I wouldn't describe it as either heavy or shrink-wrapped. I'm not always a fan of stickiness but this is ok to me, and it seems to have decent wear. I definitely agree with Geeko about the feathering though. I think this collection should have released on counters here today, in which case I will swatch with a view to maybe picking up one of the lighter shades.
Has anyone been able to stop the feathering with prep and prime lip or anything similar? I'd like to order more of these but I don't love feathering.

geeko

Has anyone been able to stop the feathering with prep and prime lip or anything similar? I'd like to order more of these but I don't love feathering.
I use a lipliner and a cream concealer on the outline of the lip to prevent colors frm featherin esp darker colors like commotion

martiangurll

I think my lips need some tender loving care after all these drying but beautiful retromattes and mattes. I got all those I listed plus Rich Marron for a nude. Liba you're an enabler too but I kinda liked Love Bean or beam for the name.
Love beam :p It was one of the first ones to get sold out @ my local counters here..... now i m thinkin whether to go back for fresh and frisky or not... hmmmmm
I considered F&F but got Fashion Force instead because it looked similar but more pigmented. I love those pinky corals esp. in the spring.

Audrey C

I considered F&F but got Fashion Force instead because it looked similar but more pigmented. I love those pinky corals esp. in the spring.
I really like my F&F, but I wear it with Chicory liner. I'm no Joan Crawford, but I just don't like lippies (particularly really light shades) without liner. Even a light application just makes it look better to me.
yes.gif

I really like this formula; I'm glad I indulged at Christmastime and before my low-buy started.
girlhaha.gif

SleepingBeauty

Uhh, random question -sorry if this has been asked before- are they limited edition? o_O I thought they would become permanent since the Mineralize Lipsticks are discontinued. Am I wrong? If so, I could kick my ass. I'm on a low-buy right now and I thought I could get them later on, so no need to spend my money now but apparently... Oh well. Just my luck. Nevermind, I've got enough lipsticks.

ChosenOne

Yes, please do. :) We just got the Bite Beauty Lip Mask in yesterday. I used it on a few clients. They loved it. It went right in their basket. I was going to make myself a sample and do my own little controlled study, but I totally forgot. Please let me know what you think. :)

Well, I got my MAC shipment in last night. After I got home from work, I put on "Out For Passion" to give it a test drive. It was brighter and more pigmented than I expected. It's a pretty color, but I am not sure if it's for me. It did tend to feather a bit (like another member had mentioned). With a bright and/or bold color, I like more of a defined line ... not necessarily a strong lip liner thing going on ... but at least a nice, crisp lip. Well, to me it kind of has a somewhat sloppy look to it. I'll give it another try, but I am not in love.... but I am in like with how moisturizing it feels.
I just ordered one of these with my Sephora gift card!! I'm already a fan of Bite Beauty, so when I saw they had a new product AND I saw how many rave reviews it had already, I just had to have it! Guessing it will be at my door tomorrow or the following day
cheerleader.gif

As for the Huggables (I still sometimes think "Huggies" diapers when I say/type that, lol), I'm still waiting for mine to arrive! I ordered a Fresh & Frisky the day it came out, but there have been so many days without delivery due to the holidays and the snow that it just hasn't made it here yet. Which is fine...it's only makeup, after all. I was actually wishing there was a way to contact the UPS guy the day the blizzard came to say "Don't worry about my package!! Just go home!!"...but I guess he did that anyway thankfully, lol Tomorrow I should finally be getting my F&F, so I will be sure to wear it on Tuesday to try it out!!

cr8zy4MAC

I just ordered one of these with my Sephora gift card!! I'm already a fan of Bite Beauty, so when I saw they had a new product AND I saw how many rave reviews it had already, I just had to have it! Guessing it will be at my door tomorrow or the following day
cheerleader.gif

As for the Huggables (I still sometimes think "Huggies" diapers when I say/type that, lol), I'm still waiting for mine to arrive! I ordered a Fresh & Frisky the day it came out, but there have been so many days without delivery due to the holidays and the snow that it just hasn't made it here yet. Which is fine...it's only makeup, after all. I was actually wishing there was a way to contact the UPS guy the day the blizzard came to say "Don't worry about my package!! Just go home!!"...but I guess he did that anyway thankfully, lol Tomorrow I should finally be getting my F&F, so I will be sure to wear it on Tuesday to try it out!!
Let me know what you think! :) Well, speaking of the Huggables, since everyone else is giving it such rave reviews, I decided to try wearing it at home for a bit last night after work. I used a reverse MUFE liner with it. It works better that way. I do have to admit that it does feel nice and hydrating on the lips. I ended up caving and ordering F&F, Rich Marron and Love Beam. I'll see how those do. I kept going back and forth on Touche', but I recall that one getting bad reviews as to wear time. I love a nude lip, but I am not sure if it will give me enough color or not. Maybe if I layered it with one of the other colors that are brighter than I want, that could work. I am not sure how much of these you can lay down before having a hot mess. Has anyone tried this yet???

Audrey C

Let me know what you think! :) Well, speaking of the Huggables, since everyone else is giving it such rave reviews, I decided to try wearing it at home for a bit last night after work. I used a reverse MUFE liner with it. It works better that way. I do have to admit that it does feel nice and hydrating on the lips. I ended up caving and ordering F&F, Rich Marron and Love Beam. I'll see how those do. I kept going back and forth on Touche', but I recall that one getting bad reviews as to wear time. I love a nude lip, but I am not sure if it will give me enough color or not. Maybe if I layered it with one of the other colors that are brighter than I want, that could work. I am not sure how much of these you can lay down before having a hot mess. Has anyone tried this yet???
I haven't tried blending colours. I tend to do two layers with these; a first one that's just a base and then a second (after a few seconds) that deepens the colour. They're fine sheerer as well but I like a bit more pigmentation.

cr8zy4MAC

I haven't tried blending colours. I tend to do two layers with these; a first one that's just a base and then a second (after a few seconds) that deepens the colour. They're fine sheerer as well but I like a bit more pigmentation.
Thanks for your info. It's greatly appreciated!

allthingsglam

Here's Rusty. It actually is a tad bit more brown on me than the photo. I thinks its a perfect mixture of red/brown.  It's a very flattering shade. This swatch is one steady swipe. The closest I have to this is Laura Mercier lipstick in Sienna. Sienna definitely pulls more red.
Thanks for the swatch pretty color

liba

Liba,

Let me add that I wear a smokey eye 99% of the time, either a traditional smokey or a mid-tone smokey ... like Sumptuous Olive on the lid and a purple in the crease ... that kind of look. I hope that helps. :)