MAC Huggable Lipcolour Collection (December 26, 2013)

lilinah

This collection still seems pretty skippable to me, but I always look forward to swatches.

A color will have to be really astonishing to catch my interest, and they all seem pretty normal. That's not a bad thing, means they are wearable.

It's just that i just have waaaaay too many lipsticks and i need to be wearing what i have.

kerry-jane88

This collection still seems pretty skippable to me, but I always look forward to swatches. A color will have to be really astonishing to catch my interest, and they all seem pretty normal. That's not a bad thing, means they are wearable. It's just that i just have waaaaay too many lipsticks and i need to be wearing what i have.
Totally agree!

liba

This collection still seems pretty skippable to me, but I always look forward to swatches.

A color will have to be really astonishing to catch my interest, and they all seem pretty normal. That's not a bad thing, means they are wearable.

It's just that i just have waaaaay too many lipsticks and i need to be wearing what i have.
The swatches were mostly very normal and straightforward colors for everyday. There was one vampy color similar to FOD - people will love that one, and some bright cute pinks, and that red. The ones I liked best were the red and this one that was a cool creamy brownish color - very similar to the way You've Got It cremesheen gloss looks in the tube. A lipstick that shade would be perfect for me.

Of course, the proof of the pudding will be in that formula. If it's fabulous, I will wind up getting 2- 3 of them and will hope they do another collection with some more fashion forward colors next, like what they did with the Sheen Supremes.

IHughes

For me the interesting thing is the formula, just as you say Liba. I have a problem with lipsticks which are too creamy and with lipsticks that show my dry lips. I have lustres which are gorgeous and others which show every little lip dryness. I have Creemesheens which are ok and others that leave horrible lines when I speak. If the formula turns out to be good for me I'll buy many, even if I have similar colours!!

ChosenOne

The swatches were mostly very normal and straightforward colors for everyday. There was one vampy color similar to FOD - people will love that one, and some bright cute pinks, and that red. The ones I liked best were the red and this one that was a cool creamy brownish color - very similar to the way You've Got It cremesheen gloss looks in the tube. A lipstick that shade would be perfect for me.

Of course, the proof of the pudding will be in that formula. If it's fabulous, I will wind up getting 2- 3 of them and will hope they do another collection with some more fashion forward colors next, like what they did with the Sheen Supremes.

Quote: Originally Posted by IHughes

For me the interesting thing is the formula, just as you say Liba. I have a problem with lipsticks which are too creamy and with lipsticks that show my dry lips. I have lustres which are gorgeous and others which show every little lip dryness. I have Creemesheens which are ok and others that leave horrible lines when I speak.
If the formula turns out to be good for me I'll buy many, even if I have similar colours!!

Agreed. I'm interested in this collection due to the new formula. I have somewhere around 90 lipsticks (and that's just the MAC ones), so I've been trying to be more selective.

MACina

Agreed. I'm interested in this collection due to the new formula. I have somewhere around 90 lipsticks (and that's just the MAC ones), so I've been trying to be more selective.

May I join Team "Always interested in testing new formulas"?

I love,love,love testing new formulas,tools etc.....It is so much fun
pompom.gif

lilinah

If the formula turns out to be good for me I'll buy many, even if I have similar colours!!
Lots of folks expressed unhappiness with the Mineralize Lipsticks before they were released, largely because of the price. I got one and i have another on my wish list because the formula feels really good.

So i'm not writing these off completely. I'm just not a big fan of stains. It isn't my mind that is closed. I'm just trying to keep my wallet that way...

martiangurll

I feel the same, of course if they fix the wind up and wind down packaging issue. I would love a creamy color that lasts 5-6 hours.