MAC In Extra Dimension Collection 2013 (April 2013)

MACina

icon_eek.gif
...do you think this can happen to ED stuff????
I just put down my dinner to go swatch Divine Blue when I saw ur post, lol. Blue Willow Pigment is close to Divine Blue while Smoky Pigment is just a slight bit darker than Dimensional Blue if that help to identify differences colorwise. Divine Blue is more green blue whereas Dimensional Blue is a more vibrant brighter sky blue. HTH.

SydVicious

It looks like Whisper of Gilt and Superb in the same pan. Is it just me?
I think it will end up being more silver (I hope). Whisper of Guilt is a soft gold. I LOVE it, but I would LOVE something with a silver finish, so that I have options. I see what you are seeing with the lighter shade looking a bit warmer (ie. gold) but I am hopeful that maybe that's just an instagram filter.

Corally

It looks like Whisper of Gilt and Superb in the same pan. Is it just me?
good catch. I have both whisper of gilt and superb and used them daily for 2-3 months with barely making a dent in the pan. if this is the case and definitely defined is as similar to these two in swatches, perhaps i can save some $$ and skip 
I think one color does look a bit like Superb. And Double Definition is the one that looks like WOG and Glorify. :) I hope it's different though, I would love a EDSF duo. :nods:

Debbs

Sorry, but this is the funniest thing I've ever heard
lol.gif
I am glad that my "just in case the possibility exists....I have to look into that" provided you with some amusement at my expense, lol. We are even now as you provided me with the re-assurance I needed. I remember my bad experience with Metal X when I hoarded up Hot Red Copper and Rusty. At least its not one of those re-occurring statements cause it was not a question from my end. Thanks for clarifying as usual!!!!

martiangurll

Quote:Originally Posted by MACina

Thank you, erine!

And sorry for the question...
blush-anim-cl.gif

I think its a good question, so I am glad you asked it. There is something different about these, that gives them the "extra dimensional" quality which I guess is some sort of super power that allows your face to travel between the 4th and 5th dimensions (which could be awesome and have some sort of Einstein relativity anti aging benefits now that I consider the possibilities) but I always wondered if they had some sort of gel component. Now we know they are just powders probably with special light reflecting properties (maybe they reflect back at some sort of velocity that exceeds light speed and that's what gives them the ED properties) and they won't dry out after all. Okay, I am just being silly of course, but I think its a good question and you should be thanked for asking it, not apologizing!

Aquamarine1543

Definitely Defined keeps tempting me, but I already have many highlighters. I need to SELF-CONTROL!!!
th_wallbash.gif

Does anybody have the same problem as me?
sneaky.gif

erine1881

I am glad that my "just in case the possibility exists....I have  to look into that" provided you with some amusement at my expense, lol.  We are even now as you provided me with the re-assurance I needed. I remember my bad experience with Metal X when I hoarded up Hot Red Copper and Rusty. At least its not one of those re-occurring statements cause it was not a question from my end. Thanks for clarifying as usual!!!!
Yeah those metal-x shadows were, and always will be, a hot mess! And you're right, definitely not a re-occurring question! ;) But please don't think i was laughing cuz it was a stupid question. I wasn't. I was laughing cuz it was such an odd question.
I think its a good question, so I am glad you asked it. There is something different about these, that gives them the "extra dimensional" quality which I guess is some sort of super power that allows your face to travel between the 4th and 5th dimensions (which could be awesome and have some sort of Einstein relativity anti aging benefits now that I consider the possibilities) but I always wondered if they had some sort of gel component. Now we know they are just powders probably with special light reflecting properties (maybe they reflect back at some sort of velocity that exceeds light speed and that's what gives them the ED properties) and they won't dry out after all. Okay, I am just being silly of course, but I think its a good question and you should be thanked for asking it, not apologizing!
These are also baked, IIRC, just like the mineralize products, so even tho they start out as a slurry, the liquid is baked out. Which is why you can use them wet (with the exception of the EDSFs), just like the mineralize products. All that's left is the powder form, so no drying out.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
The blushes are the only thing I've had my eye on in this collection, so this makes me a little sad! Please do let us know if you discover a way to apply them that makes them look as beautiful as we all hoped they would be! At Dusk is at the top of my list, but the two that you got were the other two I was considering.

April is beginning to look less and less expensive for me...
I tried BH again today with the 109, there's definitely better pigmentation than with Bareness. But I really have to swirl the brush around a lot to pick up enough product. I don't have the split fibre brush, so I can't say how that would work.
I definitely would like to get rid off Bareness, and can't see myself using Blazing Haute a lot either, so I'd love for someone to take them off my hands. If someone is interested, let me know, I put them in my sales thread.

veronikawithak

The blushes are the only thing I've had my eye on in this collection, so this makes me a little sad!  Please do let us know if you discover a way to apply them that makes them look as beautiful as we all hoped they would be!  At Dusk is at the top of my list, but the two that you got were the other two I was considering.  April is beginning to look less and less expensive for me...
Same here! If anyone gets At Dusk, let us know what you think please! :)

Latest posts