MAC in Hong Kong: Avaliable Collections, Release Dates, Locations

oddinary

I hope to merge all the HK related MAC info into one post so it'll be easy to refer to later on.
smiles.gif
Once I get more release dates, I shall edit this post! Hope you find this useful!

Release Dates:
• Electroflash - 25 Jul
• Sonic Chic - 28 Jul

Out on display now:
• Cool Heat
• Heatherette
• Dazzleglass [at airport]
_____

MAC Locations:

Lane Crawford
Pacific Place
88 Queensway
Hong Kong Island
+852 2118 3958

Lane Crawford

IFC
Queens Road
Hong Kong Island
+852 2118 7649

Sogo
Causeway Bay
555 Hennessy Road
Hong Kong Island
+852 2591 9833

Duty Free Shop
Galleria Sun Plaza
28 Canton Road
Ground Floor
Kowloon
+(852) 2302-6888

FACES
Tsim Sha Tsui
Ocean Terminal
Kowloon
+852 3101 9036

M·A·C
Elements
Elements
Kowloon
+85 2 2196 8050

Nuance Watson
Hong Kong International Airport
Airside East Hall, Level 6
Kowloon
+(852) 2186-6528

Seibu
Langham Place
8 Arglye St
Kowloon
+852 2269 1816

miss_pink

this is *SUCH* a great idea oddinary!!!
are you serious about the MSFs selling out?? i'm upset in advance =( Flashtronic is released here in Oz on monday the 6th so i've been told...and it also turns out i'll be spending most of this day on a plane to HK, so wnt be able to make it to MAC in the city! i was hoping to get there in time to hot-foot it to the nearest MAC shop kowloon side...but if its being released on the 2nd there....*dammmit*!!
thanks for the addies tho - they will definitely come in handy for me as this is my first visit! Yay! excited again!! =)

oddinary

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_pink
this is *SUCH* a great idea oddinary!!!
are you serious about the MSFs selling out?? i'm upset in advance =( Flashtronic is released here in Oz on monday the 6th so i've been told...and it also turns out i'll be spending most of this day on a plane to HK, so wnt be able to make it to MAC in the city! i was hoping to get there in time to hot-foot it to the nearest MAC shop kowloon side...but if its being released on the 2nd there....*dammmit*!!
thanks for the addies tho - they will definitely come in handy for me as this is my first visit! Yay! excited again!! =)

I'm not too sure about other counters, but Causeway Bay does most of the time. I intended to buy Petticoat last year, yet by the time I made it there the display (along with Naked You) was already gone and replaced!
ssad.gif
Since then, I've always tried to make it to the counters on the first day. IMO, the Causeway Bay counter sells out the fastest due to it's convenient location. People pass by, see the MSF and get sucked into buying it at the end!
lol.gif
I doubt it's to do with knowing ahead because I don't think there are that many HK MAC addicts around that watch Specktra anyway. Unless you happen to ask the MAs though!

You can try visiting the DFS counter in TST, if you pass by.
smiles.gif
That counter sells out the slowest, still having some stuff from the Lure collection.

oddinary

LOL, that'd be pretty cool. I've never met any MAC addicts offline!
And I dooooo hope there are postcards avaliable for this collection!

charzz

Oooh, what a dilemma I have. I'm flying back to HK on the 4th from London!
Because of the exchange rate I'm wondering whether I should wait and (a) see if they have it at Gatwick airport, (b) wait and go to the HK counters on the 5th (c) grit my teeth and buy it in London, with the bloody high exchange rate and tax... ;___;

oddinary

^ Ohh, that's a hard question! I know MAC is expensive there when I tried to buy something at Heathrow and got shocked by the price tag! :p I'm not sure how fast these will go, because I do believe the A Muse MSFs hung around for a week or so. That's relatively long to me, though there were 2 repromotes! Do you know how much the MSFs are there, compared to HKD? I forgot their exact price, but they should be $200 each. Anyway, I'm going to check today and I will let you know later!

Taj

hey I was told the 181 SE set was sold out all over Hong KOng, but managed to get mine in CWB this afternoon
cheerleader.gif
The sales said stock replenished 1
rofl.gif

Taj

Duty Free Shop

G/F & 1/F 8 Peking Rd.
Tsimshatsui
Kowloon
(852) 2301-6888

DFS
Galleria Sun Plaza
28 Canton Road
Ground Floor
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
(852) 2302-6888[/quote]

I think these two are the same.

M¡EA¡EC
Festival Walk
Festival Walk Shop # UG43
80 Tat Chee Avenue
Kowloon
(852) 2265-7218

and this one no longer exist !

oddinary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj
hey I was told the 181 SE set was sold out all over Hong KOng, but managed to get mine in CWB this afternoon
cheerleader.gif
The sales said stock replenished 1
rofl.gif

Oh what time did you go there? I went there around 1pm today!
Aww, too bad I missed it. But I need to save $$ anyway! How much was it?

charzz

I couldn't resist, I bought the Northern Light MSF at Selfridges today!
I'll be cross checking the prices between the duty-free stuff at Gatwick airport and HK, it might just be worth waiting until I land :p

oddinary

^ Ack! The price difference is so steep! But at least you got Northern Light, right? It's selling out pretty quickly everywhere!

Taj

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddinary
Oh what time did you go there? I went there around 1pm today!
Aww, too bad I missed it. But I need to save $$ anyway! How much was it?

I was there shortly before 4 pm, and I'm sure you would get that @DFS TST later. Threw away the receipt already, but I guess the price is $240, not sure (baby brush + bag + shimmer powder = good deal ! ! )

oddinary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj
I was there shortly before 4 pm, and I'm sure you would get that @DFS TST later. Threw away the receipt already, but I guess the price is $240, not sure (baby brush + bag + shimmer powder = good deal ! ! )

Has TST not launched Novel Twist? And only $240, so cheap for all of that?? Why did I not go to the counter earlier?
hmm.gif

charzz

I ended up getting the 181SE at Gatwick Airport's duty free. Thank god, since it's all sold out in HK now! Though for a price... even without UK's 17.5% tax it came to 16.50 pounds = $264 HKD :S

Does anyone know if any of the counters have postcards? I only walked through CWB's branch very quickly and didn't really check.

miss_pink

wow! thanks to oddinary's tips and directions, i managed to get all 3 Flashtronic MSF's (including an extra Northern Light as backup *blusssh*), Mercurial and 2 Lovestone ES! plus a few other MAC ES too as they work out to be abt 20AUD ea. And all from the one store - DFS Galleria =) Facess has already sold out of NOrthern Light and Gold Spill, and both the ES i wanted. That was on tuesday earlier this week. I'm all MAC'ed out now! hehe. onto BB SHImmerbricks! LOL! plus a couple things from the Shu store i think.... thanks again Oddinary!!!!!

oddinary

charzz, they do! I picked up C-shock & Flashtronic @ CWB.

^ You're welcome!! I'm so glad you got everything you wanted! Haha, the DFS galleria is pretty slow, isn't it! Did you spot any sell outs from this collection there, though? I love the Rose & Apricot SB but haven't yet tried Shu yet!! Haha! I absolutely love my Northern Light!

miss_pink

^^
me too!! i LLL northern light, wh is why i just *had* to get a backup the next day after i bought it! LOL!! i did a quick last-minute scoot thru DFS on Sunday, being my last day in town, and all of Flashtronic was totally sold out! the store itself was uber packed with ppl! sooo busy!! wasnt like that last time i was there. Of course, i couldn't leave the MAC counter empty handed - bought Woodwinked and Gleam E/S - Cranberry had sold out already! doh! Probly a good thing too...hehe =) Yep, i got 3 SB's - pink, rose and apricot - at about 50AUD each, soooo much cheaper than aus and i've been lemming these for ages, but couldnt justify spending $80+ wen MSF's are only half that price!!! I only got 2 things from the Shu counter tho - 2 things of Lash Repair (have heard many raves about this, and my lashes are in dire need of TLC!) and the Fibre Xtension mascara (also heard many raves about this!) plus a couple of juicy tubes (160HKD ea BUT!! was cheaper at airport - 144HKD!! boohoo!!) and a triple pack of Lancome's Hypnose mascara cos it worked out to cost under 100AUD and i LLL this stuff! im a lipgloss junkie and struggled to ignore the dior addict LG's and the color fever LG's too which were like, evrywhere!!...haha =)
the good news is that the check-in guy at the airport didnt even care that my suitcase weighed in at over 30kg...did i mention my hand luggage probly came to about 15kg??!!...imagine how much *that* would cost if i'd been charged over-baggage...eeek! Next time, i think i'll come back to HK during the non-humid and non-typhoon, cooler season. MAC had better release a realllllly good collection next year....LOL!

Latest posts