Mac in Lillyland and All Ages, All Races, All Sexes Review for WOC

DaniCakes

Hey girls,

I recently went to Mac and picked up a few things I thought would look great on my skin tone. The video is below. Hope you enjoy.

And forgive me for the messed up pallette, I won't be depotting anymore. Lession learned. Enjoy.

YouTube - danibouldon's Channel

erica_1020

I bought Optimistic Orange as well and can;t wait to wear it as I have never worn cream blush. Also picked up painterly paint pot from permanent line

iadorepretty

Glad you started this thread!

I stopped in Nordies yesterday on my way home from work and picked up Florida & Joie-de-Vivre from MAC in Lillyland. I normally don't do creme blushes, but i tried these on at the counter and instantly fell in love. i passed on Optimistic Orange, just because i already have NARS Taj Mahal & MAC's Devil, didn't think this could add anything to my stash. And So Sweet, So Easy did nothing for me. I probably will go back and get the Pearlmatte Face Powder.

I decided not to get anything from the All Ages/Races/Sexes collection yesterday, I want to think about exactly what I need. Right now, the only things that caught my eye were Empowered l/s, Liquer l/g and Spirit & Soul l/g

gabi03

all i got was optimistic orange, its so gorgeous. the mua taught me a trick to get it looking natural. Take a tissue, swipe it in the pan. Then take your blush brush and swipe the product from the tissue, then apply to the face. That gave me the most natural looking orange flush, and for a more intense look, reapply.

doomkitteh

Is the texture of the creme blushes the same as regular blushcremes? I have one in Cheery and really dislike the texture, but I like the look of the Florida blush.

HeavenLeiBlu

For me, both collections are womp womp womp. The products are either colors I'm not interested in, or have suitable and better dupes.

iadorepretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomkitteh
Is the texture of the creme blushes the same as regular blushcremes? I have one in Cheery and really dislike the texture, but I like the look of the Florida blush.

the texture of these blushes is better than the regular creme blushes. i'm not a big fan of the regular blushes either

blazeno.8

Optimistic orange looks great with All's Good on top. I swatched in store today and it was a surprisingly nice combo. Other than that I think the neutral eye shadows that came out with this collection are very nice. I couldn't find any of the neutral shadows in that mid tone range that looked as nice as Cross-Cultural on my skin tone from the permanent line. The difference is the perm. line has a lot of ashy kinds of neutrals, this one is more neutral to warm. I LOVE Showstopper, but I never liked it enough to buy a whole quad just for that one color. This way I get to the point quite quickly. I already have Liqueur lipgloss and want another, but I should hold back. I just got Spirit and Soul instead. It's like my lips but better in a lip gloss. One of the better brown glosses that have come out IMO.

Ashleybubbles83

passed on lillyland...im still on my neutral color kick...which meant i should have cleaned house of all races, all sexes, etc...but that didn't interest me either...im really excited about the collections in february and beyond!

Goat Goat Etc.

So far I've been circling Optimistic Orange like a bird of prey, should I get it if i have Devil already? I mean it's a cream that gives a natural flush...? And Florida too!? I have Azalea already.

And as for AAARAS collection, I've never had the opportunity to see 5N so I investigated and got it! It's a nice soft, muted rose-brown. Good deal. And needed blot powder so got that too.
smiles.gif

shontay07108

I bought Banshee,Showstopper and Cross-Cultural shadows from AA,AR,AS and I love them! I also bought Spirit and Soul which is shimmery, but subtle. It brightens up my face.

I skipped Lillyland but the Specktra influence is making me want to buy Florida. I'm fighting it, though. I have sorta fallen out of love with blush. I play up my eyes and lips more now. It is a pretty color though and I do love hot pink. I'm torn.

doomkitteh

Thanks. I'll check them out when this collection is out in the UK then. I see everyone else is interested in Florida too.
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadorepretty
the texture of these blushes is better than the regular creme blushes. i'm not a big fan of the regular blushes either

VAQTPIE

I B2M for Liqueur and 5N from All Ages, All Races, All Sexes. I'm going to go back and check out the eyeshadows and BPB's when I have more time to look and try them out(the store was extremely busy this past weekend).

From MAC in Lillyland, I picked up Obviously Orange because I don't have anything like it (I don't have NARS Taj Mahal...yet) and I may get Joie-de-Vivre when I go back. I felt like the lip gelee's were super glittery and the pearlmatte e/s was...meh.

DaniCakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAQTPIE
I B2M for Liqueur and 5N from All Ages, All Races, All Sexes. I'm going to go back and check out the eyeshadows and BPB's when I have more time to look and try them out(the store was extremely busy this past weekend).

From MAC in Lillyland, I picked up Obviously Orange because I don't have anything like it (I don't have NARS Taj Mahal...yet) and I may get Joie-de-Vivre when I go back. I felt like the lip gelee's were super glittery and the pearlmatte e/s was...meh.

The Mac on Oak street in Chicago wouldn't let me back to Mac my containers for anything in the new collections. Lucky you. I spent way too much over two days and only got like 2 old things from the perm collection. I'm jealous. I passed on the lip gelles too because they were super glittery and unless it's halloween I will not alk around with a bunch of glitter on my lips. Uhmmmm well I think pinkarat has some glitter. So....that's not true lol. I got the pearlmatte and you have to use the fresco rose paint pot to get the colors to show up. It's okay.

Blushbaby

When the collections are, released here in the UK, I'd like to get both Florida and Optimistic Orange but I think I'll just get the orange as I have a few Bobbi Brown sheer cheek tints that I've not used yet. I did want the other French sounding one (can't remember the name), but I think I can do without it.

I also wanted All's Good but a friend talked me out of it, I need to see it in person before I decide. Nothing else has made me sit up from All Races ... though.

I'll be layering powder blushes onto the blushcremes. Sunbasque and Gingerly would look nice over Optimistic Orange.

ShugAvery2001

All Races is wayyyyy to cool for my taste. I skipped both collections. there's nothing really unique about any of it. Although "a pop of color" will be a big spring trend .. which is were lillyland might come in handy.

blahhhhhhh

iaisha26

I swatched everything---I liked all of the lip products. I only brought the Pearlmatte face powder, but I took it back. It looked great in the store, but I looked crazy at home.

GlamQueen21

The only things that I'm interested in MAC in Lillyland is both Lush & Bright and Preppy Lipgelees while from AA, AR, AS I'm only interested in Liqueur l/g, Naked Frost, Myself l/s and All's Good bpb.