MAC - In the Groove Discussion

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
ITA! I used Togetherness yesterday and I even used the shadows dry, no wetting required and they were gorgeous! I did use them over a cream color base but they were way more pigmented than I thought they'd be! Yeah MAC

I used them dry too, I hate to wet eyeshadows (the Style Black MES are the only ones I'm willing to do that with) so it's very good that these show up dry with no problems!
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
YAY! I'm so glad you tried them and agree.

I actually use my MES from this collection...it's amazing!
lol.gif

I'm glad too I tried them after all. I was so completely turned off by MES before these, so it was a nice and refreshing surprise how these worked. And I agree, these will actually get used!
tong.gif

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
Done!
Hope this helps!
team_purple.gif

Thanks for the review! Sounds like Go For It will continue to stand as my favorite purple lipstick.....at least until MAC does an even bluer mid-tone purple Cremesheen or Amplified
sneaky.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
Sounds like Go For It will continue to stand as my favorite purple lipstick.....at least until MAC does an even bluer mid-tone purple Cremesheen or Amplified
sneaky.gif

RAI #15 *is* a pretty color, but it's not necessarily any bluer than Go For It, and, at least on me, Go For It applies better.
RAI #15 is definitely worth a try-on, if you get the chance, though.

keijukainen

I'm hitting myself for not buying ILILT!
I went to buy Jazzed but that really wasn't the right color for me and the MA suggested ILILT since she thought it looks great on redheads. So I tried it and it actually looked really good. Then I started overthinking it and somehow decided I'm not supposed to be buying a cool toned purple-pink lippie. Ahhh how stupid of me
ssad.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by keijukainen
I'm hitting myself for not buying ILILT!
I went to buy Jazzed but that really wasn't the right color for me and the MA suggested ILILT since she thought it looks great on redheads. So I tried it and it actually looked really good. Then I started overthinking it and somehow decided I'm not supposed to be buying a cool toned purple-pink lippie. Ahhh how stupid of me
ssad.gif

Do you have Bubblegum from Spring Color Forecast? It was identical to ILILT on my hand.
smiles.gif

keijukainen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Do you have Bubblegum from Spring Color Forecast? It was identical to ILILT on my hand.
smiles.gif

No but I've tried it and I think on me it was sheerer and pinkier than ILILT.

keijukainen

I just remembered I've been wondering if Speed Dial is close to ILILT. At least they're both cremesheens. Anybody have both?

cno64

Quote:
I started overthinking it and somehow decided I'm not supposed to be buying a cool toned purple-pink lippie. Ahhh how stupid of me
ssad.gif

If it's any comfort, generally when I'm that ambivalent about a product, I end up not wearing it very much.
So passing up I like It Like That may not be as big of a mistake as you seem to think.
Besides, if you really do still want it, you can probably get it.
If you're in the U.S., try phoning MAC at 1-800-387-6707, and see if they've still got some.
I've been able to obtain a few "sold out" items this way.
If all else fails, try Snob; some people say the color is very similar.

martiangurll

Quote:
I just remembered I've been wondering if Speed Dial is close to ILILT. At least they're both cremesheens. Anybody have both?

I don't have both, but if you layered a blue gloss over Speed Dial (like Chillin or Best of Breed), I think it would be darn close.

Liya2007

I just got 2 more Making It Easy E/S. I really love it soo much, and don't want to be out of it for a long long time
thmbup.gif

I went to a one week family reunion kind of vacation and it was the only E/S I took. Got so many complements. Even three relatives actually went to MAC to buy it (but it was sold out). The first thing I did when I came back home is go online and get 2 more for myself LOL
cutey.gif

PS. My HG look was Making it Easy MES, Ripe Peach Blush & Cutester Lipstick (From Hello Ketty)

Teggy

OMG...Hang Loose has become my go-to blush. It's just so damn pretty and natural looking! I love it...so much....love love love...

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liya2007
I just got 2 more Making It Easy E/S. I really love it soo much, and don't want to be out of it for a long long time
thmbup.gif

I went to a one week family reunion kind of vacation and it was the only E/S I took. Got so many complements. Even three relatives actually went to MAC to buy it (but it was sold out). The first thing I did when I came back home is go online and get 2 more for myself LOL
cutey.gif

PS. My HG look was Making it Easy MES, Ripe Peach Blush & Cutester Lipstick (From Hello Ketty)

Wow it really lives up to its name! Sounds wonderful! If you are close to those 3 relatives, it would make a great Christmas gift!
lol.gif

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Wow it really lives up to its name! Sounds wonderful! If you are close to those 3 relatives, it would make a great Christmas gift!
lol.gif

Good idea but I don't think they are going to wait that long. One of them already bought it LOL

Fiberluver

All,

Don't forget that ITG items are still available on the MAC USA site.

I backed up GFI since I loved that shade so much!

I also purchased Goes and Goes from the Pro LongWear collection.

ASU is one of my favorite lippies right now!

I try to wear it as often as I can.
Right now I am participating in the Shop Your Stash Challenge.

My challenge is to use every lippie and msf I own at least once for 30 days. But I am still on a pink kick and have been eyeing some of NYX's pink lippies as well.

I read somewhere that ASU and ILILT were similar but I disagree.

ASU is a bubblegum pink and ILILT is a mauvey purple with pink.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
I backed up GFI since I loved that shade so much!

I bought two backups! It is my go-to purple! Love it!
love.gif

Fiberluver

layla - too funny!

If you get the chance you should also try Goes and Goes PLW.

It's a beautiful totally wearable purple!

team_purple.gif

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liya2007
Good idea but I don't think they are going to wait that long. One of them already bought it LOL

Oh wow!
lol.gif
I hope the others find it as well!
thmbup.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
layla - too funny!

If you get the chance you should also try Goes and Goes PLW.

It's a beautiful totally wearable purple!

team_purple.gif

Yes- it is the first one on my list! Faithfully Yours also looks like a nice muted purple-ish shade.
love.gif

team_purple.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
OMG...Hang Loose has become my go-to blush. It's just so damn pretty and natural looking! I love it...so much....love love love...

iagree.gif

Hang Loose is my HG now. I often find the blushes either too dark or/and too warm. But this one is just a perfect light cotton candy pink which I've been wearing almost everyday since I got it.
love.gif
Thank you, MAC!