MAC - In the Groove Discussion

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
has anyone compared Go For It to Lavender whip? What's the story glory?

th_confused_new.gif

I wish I'd seen this sooner, since I own both!
I can do a swatch photo, but probably not until next week.
For now:
Lavender Whip - Cremesheen; bluish lilac with, at least to my eyes, an ever-so-faint gray tinge; creamy, with no shimmer.
Go For It - Amplified Creme (?); medium blue-toned violet purple; Violetta's more blue sister; some shimmer.
If you're wanting enabling, here it is: They're easily different enough to justify owning both, though they're in the same purple color family.
Lavender Whip is much lighter, and, to me, trickier to pull off.
I like and wear them both!
graucho.gif

Hope that helps!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
^Go For It is a Cremesheen.

Also, this collection was very satisfying! I love what I got from this collection!

iagree.gif
i didn't get a huge amount of stuff, but i loved what i did get
smiles.gif

liba

Quote:
Also, this collection was very satisfying! I love what I got from this collection!

So far it's my favorite collection of the year. I bought a TON of stuff and I wear at least one or two products from it every day:

Stereo Rose, By Candlelight, Petticoat
Hang Loose, Band of Roses
Togetherness, Love to Love, Soften the Mood
Jazzed, Call My Bluff, Go For It (x2)
Chillin', You've Got It (will have to back both of these up)

I got addicted to Mineralize products this past year, first with the Style Black shadows and then the blushes in Too Fabulous - just the best texture and finish for my skin. Those mid-tone lipsticks are the best shade for me and Go For It is the most flattering purple lipstick I've ever had! I seriously shouldn't buy anything more for the rest of the year (although I know I will
tong.gif
)

cno64

Quote:
^Go For It is a Cremesheen.

You're right.
I was thinking that either Go For It or Lavender Whip was an Amplified Creme, but I think they're both Cremesheens.
Violetta may be an Amplified Creme, come to think of it ...
th_dunno.gif

I'm so confuuuused!
lol.gif

miss_primer

I have been itching all week to buy something new from MAC. It's an addiction...lol. I placed an order just now for Love to Love MES. I've had this one on my list for awhile but everytime I was going to order this, there was something else I ended up getting.

In total I got from this collection:

Love to Love MES
Togetherness MES
Blue My Mind MES
Stereo Rose x2
Jazzed l/s

Petticoat x2 ( I already owned this from a previous release)

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
You're right.
I was thinking that either Go For It or Lavender Whip was an Amplified Creme, but I think they're both Cremesheens.
Violetta may be an Amplified Creme, come to think of it ...
th_dunno.gif

I'm so confuuuused!
lol.gif

lol.gif
it's okay. Violetta is a Amplified Creme and I love it!

I'm so glad that I didn't buy much from this collection. I even skipped the MES in this collection.

Fiberluver

Even though it has been out for a while I'm still loving this collection.

As a matter of fact, I'm loving everything I've purchased from MAC this year - LE and perm.

Yeah, I returned a few things - ITG MES and Speak Louder l/s but I've made off with some good products that will last me a while.

ITG was a good collection but last year's Colour Craft was one of my favorites (but nothing beats Style Black!!!)

I purchased all of the msfs and most of the shadows from CC last year.

I didn't get any of the lippies though.

Go figure!

What I really loved about ITG was the lippies - I made off with 4 and I love all of them, especially GFI and ASU.

This year I didn't care for the e/s! WEIRD!

Next to the Black Knight l/s from SB this was really the first time I tried cremesheens and I'm digging the formula!

I even like the cremesheen glosses - Boy Bait in particular (I know its a perm color and not from ITG!).

This was a great collection and I can't wait to see what MAC delivers next summer!

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
As a matter of fact, I'm loving everything I've purchased from MAC this year - LE and perm.

Yeah, I returned a few things - ITG MES and Speak Louder l/s but I've made off with some good products that will last me a while.

I love all the things I got this year too (and I probably bought more makeup this year than in the past 10 years combined
shockt.gif
)

Only thing I got that I wound up not loving was Thrills l/s (I dunno, it looked good on me in the store
th_dunno.gif
). Blooming Lovely has been a real challenge too, but at least I'm not "meh" about it. Everything else =
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif

sapnap

^^ I didint like Thrills on me too
ssad.gif
... Loving this collection still.. i only got Stereo Rose and Jazzed.. but i may wanna chk out some blushes/eyeshadows..

foxyqt

This collection is a definite HIT for me! I got:

- Jazzed l/s
- All Styled Up l/s
- Happy Together blush
- Stereo Rose MSF
- Petticoat MSF

The collection just came out recently and I didnt have time to play with any of them yet but it has been a while since the last time I was impressed with a MAC collection and actually bought more than 1 LE.

I thought Happy Together is such a unique color for a blush.. never seen anything like it, plus I love mineralize blushes!

The lipsticks are also very pretty and wearable. I like Jazzed l/s more than Costa Chic which came out earlier with the Cremesheens.. I just hope ASU isnt too cool for me (Im NC25)..

ANNNDD I cant believe I finally own Stereo Rose and Petticoat, LoL! xD

Fiberluver

I love Thrills l/s!!

I've worn it so much this summer mine is 1/2 gone!!

I know this isn't the correct forum to talk about Thrills - that was from TTB -but on me it is a great lippie!!

That's one I wish I would have backed up!

TeresitaMC

After all this time I still can't get Togetherness MES off my mind!
smiles.gif
That just proves to me even more that I really want it. I don't even want anything else I had my eye on. I hope I can get it someday!
greengrin.gif

sapnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
smiles.gif
That just proves to me even more that I really want it. I don't even want anything else I had my eye on. I hope I can get it someday!
greengrin.gif

thats the one i am thinking of as well!

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
smiles.gif
greengrin.gif

I hope you will get it someday!
yes.gif
I agree when waiting on things you see if you really want something, not for the hype but for real.

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
looking baack i am happy with what i got from this collection. i think i could have done without chillen gloss. but it is handy for over pink lippies. but on it's own it doesnt really do much.
smiles.gif

I agree that alone it doesn't do much but over almost any pink lippy, it really helps it get into the cool territory I want it to go into.

I also am slowing adding from this collection. I got BOR, missed out on SR (Dang), had my Jazzed misrouted and then Nordie's lost it (my fault, being a dazzleglass bimbo, I forgot to update my address and I lost that plus a Flurry of FUn and a Coral Crepe I snagged, oh well, more money for other stuff), I also got ITG MES trio, and Togetherness MES trio. I am definitely considering geting Go For It lippie. (If I find a deal on it, I would consider getting All Styled Up as well, a girl can never have too many bubblegum pinks)

HOTasFCUK

I was on the Canadian MAC site today and noticed Stereo Rose was still in stock earlier. But then i also saw that all the Euristocrat lipsticks (Naked Paris, London Life, Cockney, etc.) were under goodbyes when i could swear they are perm. Maybe its all just a glitch?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
I was on the Canadian MAC site today and noticed Stereo Rose was still in stock earlier. But then i also saw that all the Euristocrat lipsticks (Naked Paris, London Life, Cockney, etc.) were under goodbyes when i could swear they are perm. Maybe its all just a glitch?

weird! as far as i am aware those lippies are perm

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
from what i recall lavender whip is much more of a lilac whereas go for it is actually purple and much less pale...

I completely agree!
While they're both in the same (purple) color family, and are both Cremesheens (I think), Lavender Whip and Go For It are very different from each other.
Lavender Whip is a light-to-medium lilac, Go For It is a true grape purple.
They're both fun, and somewhat tricky colors; certainly not your boring run-of-the-mill lipsticks.

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I hope you will get it someday!
yes.gif
I agree when waiting on things you see if you really want something, not for the hype but for real.

Thank you sooo much!
greengrin.gif

It's very true. It took me awhile to decide on what I would haul for several of the collections last year, but it helped me make a clear decision in the end!
tong.gif
And I don't miss anything that I passed on
smiles.gif

I am actually thinking about getting Togetherness when/if I make an order for FF
greengrin.gif
love.gif